That Andres Serrano photograph

That Andres Serrano photograph

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
Lol no, it was a joke. You obviously don't work.
Taking a break from reading the Gospels?

That whopper of yours - that you read the Gospels a “whole bunch of times” after becoming an atheist, despite not believing them and only being able to tolerate them in small portions at a time - was absolutely spectacular in its shameless and brazen dishonesty.

👏 👏 👏

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
31 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Taking a break from reading the Gospels?

That whopper of yours - that you read the Gospels a “whole bunch of times” after becoming an atheist, despite not believing them and only being able to tolerate them in small portions at a time - was absolutely spectacular in its shameless and brazen dishonesty.

👏 👏 👏
And it's back to the same ol'. I bet it would take you another post, so I just lost a quid on you.

No, actually I'm on the Quran this week. What are you reading? Stephen Jay Gould?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
And it's back to the same ol'. I bet it would take you another post, so I just lost a quid on you.

No, actually I'm on the Quran this week. What are you reading? Stephen Jay Gould?
I don’t need to read any more on the subject. I’ve made up my mind on that and consider reading any further to just be a waste of time.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
31 Jan 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
I don’t need to read any more on the subject. I’ve made up my mind on that and consider reading any further to just be a waste of time.
What have you read on the subject?

Edit: Reading is never a waste a time, even if it's garbage fiction

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
What have you read on the subject?

Edit: Reading is never a waste a time, even if it's garbage fiction
I have no interest in talking about that subject

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
31 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
I have no interest in talking about that subject
About reading? Whyever not?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
About reading? Whyever not?
I have no interest in talking about the theory of evolution. You asked me what I read on the subject and I have no interest in talking about it. I did at one point and may again, but don’t now.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
31 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
I have no interest in talking about the theory of evolution. You asked me what I read on the subject and I have no interest in talking about it. I did at one point and may again, but don’t now.
I asked what you had been reading. You must read something other than scripture, surely?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
I asked what you had been reading. You must read something other than scripture, surely?
Mostly just news websites.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
31 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Mostly just news websites.
Well now I stand corrected, that IS a waste of time, you'll learn nothing from those. Do you ever read anything other than 'news' websites and scripture?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
Well now I stand corrected, that IS a waste of time, you'll learn nothing from those. Do you ever read anything other than 'news' websites and scripture?
Not really.

What do you suggest?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
31 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Not really.

What do you suggest?
Very difficult to recommend without knowing your interests. Have you read the Iliad? Martin Hammond's translation is well worth a read. Perhaps some classic American lit? Russian? Have you read any Dickens? Do you enjoy autobiographies? Popular science? Are you insterested in History? In warfare? Books, though. Read books. Even if you do it on an e-reader.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
Very difficult to recommend without knowing your interests. Have you read the Iliad? Martin Hammond's translation is well worth a read. Perhaps some classic American lit? Russian? Have you read any Dickens? Do you enjoy autobiographies? Popular science? Are you insterested in History? In warfare? Books, though. Read books. Even if you do it on an e-reader.
Classic American lit is probably my favorite.

The Good Earth is my favorite book.

I used to like true crime and thought Fatal Vision was a great book, but I’m not into that genre so much anymore.

Haven’t read much American lit since my school days but enjoyed the books I read.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
31 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Classic American lit is probably my favorite.

The Good Earth is my favorite book.

I used to like true crime and thought Fatal Vision was a great book, but I’m not into that genre so much anymore.

Haven’t read much American lit since my school days but enjoyed the books I read.
Well, I suggest that you join your nearest library and start reading outside your comfort zone. Every book you read grows you, and you'll be grateful you spent the time when you are older.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
Well, I suggest that you join your nearest library and start reading outside your comfort zone. Every book you read grows you, and you'll be grateful you spent the time when you are older.
Already have.

But good advice. Thanks.