Tattooing

Tattooing

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
06 Mar 15

If we are evolving and getting better at things then why do people still get tattoos?

Infidel

Moves
06 Mar 15

Originally posted by RBHILL
If we are evolving and getting better at things then why do people still get tattoos?
Oh my gawd!

The Theory of Evolution has just been debunked!

How did we not see this before???

R

California

Moves
06 Mar 15

Originally posted by Great King Rat
Oh my gawd!

The Theory of Evolution has just been [b]debunked
!

How did we not see this before???[/b]
Well I never thought of it before I just did. I guess when you don't have a relationship with Jesus Christ you think of those things?

WWJT? Well revelation claims he has a tattoo on his thigh unless it's his robe draped over his thigh. This is what I think his tattoo might say if he had one other then Lord of lords on his thigh. He would tattoo Leviticus 19:28 on his body. Or even Gen. 1:1-Rev.22-21.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
06 Mar 15

Evolution doesn't exist, so the reason for getting tattoos is for something else.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Mar 15

Tattooing

Maybe a subliminal need to attract attention or an ego need to reinforce a sense of identity or self esteem or peer approval? Whatever may explain this bodily self effacement shrinks in comparison to self inflicted scar tissue of the soul.

Cape Town

Moves
06 Mar 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]Tattooing

Maybe a subliminal need to attract attention or an ego need to reinforce a sense of identity or self esteem or peer approval? Whatever may explain this bodily self effacement shrinks in comparison to self inflicted scar tissue of the soul.[/b]
Why do you assume it is subliminal? Most people are well aware that they get tattos, wear makeup wear nice clothes buy fancy cars etc etc specifically to attract attention.

My own reasons for not getting a tattoo are:
1. They can attract significant negative attention in the work place.
2. They are relatively irreversible.

O

Moves
06 Mar 15

Not everyone evolves, take the creationists for example, and they would have to agree on this point. 🙂

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Mar 15

Originally posted by twhitehead
Why do you assume it is subliminal? Most people are well aware that they get tattos, wear makeup wear nice clothes buy fancy cars etc etc specifically to attract attention.

My own reasons for not getting a tattoo are:
1. They can attract significant negative attention in the work place.
2. They are relatively irreversible.
Because of the second definition Merriam-Webster offers, "existing or functioning below the threshold of consciousness". That's why. Your "...own reasons for not getting a tattoo." are pragmatic and therefore make sense. You care.

R

California

Moves
06 Mar 15

Originally posted by OdBod
Not everyone evolves, take the creationists for example, and they would have to agree on this point. 🙂
So are you saying that the Africans and Mexicans. S.A. don't evolve as fast as the Europeans and Asians?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
06 Mar 15

Originally posted by josephw
Evolution doesn't exist, so the reason for getting tattoos is for something else.
So we see NOTHING change from one species to another?

rc

Moves
06 Mar 15

Bible forbids tattooing

Cape Town

Moves
06 Mar 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Because of the second definition Merriam-Webster offers, "existing or functioning below the threshold of consciousness".
Well I disagree then, as I have already stated (and you have apparently ignored as is your tradition).
When my neighbor got himself a tatoo, he quite clearly was very conscious of the fact that he was getting it so that he could show it off to everyone - and so was everyone else.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Mar 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Bible forbids tattooing
Let's have the scripture, please.

w

Moves
06 Mar 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
Let's have the scripture, please.