Taking back the rainbow

Taking back the rainbow

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Jul 17

I feel sorry for some people who think advancement of technology has somehow left the the need to know God in the past. In terms of the knowledge of how things work, the Creator is infinitely far ahead of us.

I return quickly to what is important in Ezekiel's vision of the rainbow around the Man on the throne. This Man is God-man Jesus Christ.

This Man is made by God the Heir of all things.
This Man is appointed Heir of the universe.

This Man administrates the universe for God.
But this Man has many "partners". And the "partners" are the "joint-heirs" with Him in the inheritance of God's creation.

The next post will put some verses on this.

Moves
27 Jul 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @sonship
Are micro-waves and x-rays also signs of his love????

I would say that all the positive things in the universe are pointers to the ultimate reality of the universe - Christ.

Micro-wave and X-ray included.
But in this thread I am giving attention to the usage of the rainbow in the revelation of the Bible.
what happened to light when it travelled through water droplets in the air, pre-flood?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Jul 17
2 edits

"You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; therefore God, Your God, has anointed You with the oil of exultant joy above Your partners." (Hebrews 1:9)

God was incarnated as a man in Jesus Christ. He loved righteousness and hated lawlessness - even unto death on His cross.

He is the Foremost Elder brother of many "partners" . They have joy. Yet He has the supreme joy as their Author, Leader, Captain, Savior and Lord.

Christ and His partners is what you should think of when you see the vision of the One on the throne over the four living creatures coordination together in utter harmony.

This One has been appointed the Heir of all creation.

" God, having spoken of old in many portions and in many ways to the fathers in the prophets, has at the last of these days spoken to us in the Son,

whom He appointed Heir off all things, through whom also He made the universe." (Heb. 1:1,2)

The universe is His inheritance.

He has partners to be co-heirs with Him, whom He has saved.

"Who being the effulgence of His glory and the impress of His substance and upholding and bearing all things by the word of His power,

having made purification of sins, sat down on the right hand of the majesty on high ... (v3)

"For we have become partners of Christ, if indeed we hold fast the beginning of the assurance firm to the end." (Heb. 3:14)

So it says Christ has been anointed with the oil of exultant joy above His PARTNERS.

" ... God has anointed You with the oil of exultant joy above Your partners." (Heb. 1:9)

He wants to save people that they may be brought into partnership with Him.
He is able to save people to the extent that they are brought into being partners with Him.

God would have the Son lead many sons into the glorious expression of God united with man as co-heirs with Christ.

" For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and through whom are all things, in leading many sons into glory, to make the Author [or Captain] of their salvation perfect through sufferings. " (Heb. 2:10)

The suffering One who died on His cross would save men and women to transform them to be partners and "joint-heirs" over creation and in the expression of the incorporation of God in humanity.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
27 Jul 17

In pluming the depths of wisdom in the word of God I beware of mistaking [b]simplicity
for naivete. [/b]
Good point.
But I believe you are naïve and simple.
And I think you mean "plumbing".

Read more.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Jul 17
4 edits

Originally posted by @stellspalfie
what happened to light when it travelled through water droplets in the air, pre-flood?

I don't know. I get the impression that there were cataclysmic changes in the atmospherics of the earth. I don't think the people had seen these atmospherics before.

But I am not too distracted with things like this at the moment.
What the Bible says about the matters, that's what I am more interested in.

If we know all about rainbows and still don't know the purpose of our lives, we're none the better.

The vision of the Man on the throne and the glory of Jehovah, in light of the rest of the Bible tells us about the WHYs of our being here.

The Man on the throne is the Firstborn among many brothers conformed to His image to be joint-heirs and partners with Him - Christ and the church a great enterprise.

"Because those whom He foreknew, He also predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the Firstborn among many brothers;

And those whom He predestinated, these He also called; and those whom He called, these He also justified; and those whom He justified, these He also glorified.

What shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

Indeed, He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not also with Him freely give us all things? " (Rom. 8:29-32)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Jul 17

Originally posted by @wolfgang59
Good point.

Read more.
Good point.

Thankyou - "plumbing" . plumbing the depths of God's revelation.

Read more.

More of the book of Ezekiel is definitely on the agenda.

After you rot into the dust what difference will it have ever made that you were alive ?
You don't know. Just admit it.

So out of all the interesting things to read, the list is topped with the revelation of the Bible. That is God speaking to us.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
27 Jul 17

Nah ............

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Jul 17
1 edit

Good question.
Here's another.

What was the very first occurrence of Natural Selection ?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Jul 17

Good point.

Thankyou - "plumbing" . plumbing the depths of God's revelation.

Read more.

More of the book of [b]Ezekiel
is definitely on the agenda.

After you rot into the dust what difference will it have ever made that you were ...[text shortened]... things to read, the list is topped with the revelation of the Bible. That is God speaking to us.[/b]
The man means to go educate yourself. Read more other stuff. Many of the chosen in the Bible were educated people, and they had no Bible to read... figure that out.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
27 Jul 17

More of the book of Ezekiel is definitely on the agenda.

After you rot into the dust what difference will it have ever made that you were alive ?
You don't know. Just admit it.

[b]
I admit = I don't know what difference it has made I that I was alive.

So what?

Moves
27 Jul 17

I don't know. I get the impression that there were cataclysmic changes in the atmospherics of the earth. I don't think the people had seen these atmospherics before.

But I am not too distracted with things like this at the moment.
What the Bible says about the matters, that's what I am more interested in.
Atmospheric changes???Are you suggesting there was a time in which there was no moisture in the air?? Water didn't evaporate? Zero waterfalls? No mist?

You don't want to be distracted by things like this because they point out the absurdities of biblical claims.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Jul 17
2 edits

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
A strange thread indeed.

We have established that rainbows are not only meteorological events, no different than say thunder or lightening (and as such are nothing new or exceptional) but can even be created in a pan of water with a mirror and piece of white paper.

For such an event to be linked to a divine covenant is simply bizarre.
Is it similarly strange to you that it should be taken as some sort symbolic link to homosexuality ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Jul 17
2 edits

You don't want to be distracted by things like this because they point out the absurdities of biblical claims.

Well, we have here in history one Jesus Christ. And He did and said some very significant things. We know His backround is the faith of the Jews and the prophets and writings of Moses.

We know that He stood on them and was in line with them.
I can't like some, pretend Jesus didn't live.

i can no longer simply yawn in apathy at such claims He made and testimony that He bore.
So I think I 'll look into it more.

Besides, I really believe that mysteriously He came into my heart one day to my surprise, letting me know that Jesus is alive and available.

Unusual, definitely.
But He is alive and available.

Now science is fascinating.
It tells me a lot about the HOWS of the mechanical universe.
I also want to know something of the WHYS of it all.

I believe that God is trying to communicate with us.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Jul 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @wolfgang59
Nah ............
Give it a try.
You've grown old.
You die and you're dust melting back into the earth.

The world, planets, stars all eventually join you - rotting away in the cold and dark infinite nothingness of ashes.

Now, why again were you alive ??
No reason at all ?

Its macho to just accept the void of absurdity maybe ?
We just all look back and say "Well, THAT was strange" and dissolve into cold ashes in the eternal blackness of a dead universe.

I WANT TO HEAR WHAT JESUS SAYS AND THE BIBLE.

I want to give at least equal time for God to speak.

F

Moves
27 Jul 17
1 edit

And what about you? What difference will it have made that you were ever alive once you've died and rotted into duat?