1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 11:49
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Give it a try.
    You've grown old.
    You die and you're dust melting back into the earth.

The world, planets, stars all eventually join you - rotting away in the cold and dark infinite nothingness of ashes.

Now, why again were you alive ??
    No reason at all ?

Its macho to just accept the void of absurdity maybe ?
    We just all look back an ...[text shortened]... WHAT JESUS SAYS AND THE BIBLE. [/i]

I want to give at least equal time for God to speak.
    You seem to [1] have low esteem about the life you are living - you are telling yourself it's meaningless, in and of itself, and that meaning comes from telling yourself you are going to exist forever, and [2] you seem to be having difficulty coming to terms with dying. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 11:53
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Is it similarly strange to you that it should be taken as some sort symbolic link to homosexuality ?
    The rainbow is meaningless, irrespective of what social group claims it symbolically.

It's no less silly than me creating new religion and claiming 'thunder' is a sign of my new power in the universe. (Even though thunder clearly precedes such a claim). Indeed, you are rendered into the ludicrous position of postulating that there were atmospheric changes and that moisture in the air only occurred post flood.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 15:11
    'Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.'

Why would God need a reminder anyway?!
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 23:19
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    I admit = I don't know what difference it has made I that I was alive.

So what?
    I admit = I use to be like that. But then I stopped scoffing at the Bible when I met Jesus and heard about "the eternal purpose" (Eph. 3:11).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree