Step aside God, you have been replaced

Step aside God, you have been replaced

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
09 Jun 06

Originally posted by scottishinnz
Whilst trying your best to hamstring scientific endeavour.
How am I hamstringing scientific endevours? I am not hampering any ones scientific pursuits. I am merely laughing at them as they try what I consider to be impossible. I am sure you would do the same to someone who tried proving the existence of God, no?

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
09 Jun 06

Originally posted by whodey
It also says in the Bible that man was made from inorganic matterial. If I recall we were all made from dust. God then "breathed" life into us. I defy any one to try.
The earlier creation myths had the god doing something else to the mudman, wont write exactly what ( family ratings ya know) but it made me laff.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
09 Jun 06

So we either need a 100 years for sceince to be advanced enough or a 100 million dollars to fund science to prove abiogenesis? Which is it? I have one even better for ya, all I need is a 100 million dollars and I will go away.
Science isn't cheap, or fast.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
09 Jun 06

How am I hamstringing scientific endevours? I am not hampering any ones scientific pursuits. I am merely laughing at them as they try what I consider to be impossible. I am sure you would do the same to someone who tried proving the existence of God, no?
I think it'd be more constructive to look at their experimental design and discuss with them how to improve it.

C
Ego-Trip in Progress

Phoenix, AZ

Moves
09 Jun 06

Since nothing has been proven, all we have is belief. On the one hand you have those that favor God and on the other those that favor scientific atheism. There is no proof in either camp. I am only expressing my belief.
1. There is a middle ground somewhere in there.

2. You need to learn to use "I believe" as a preface rather than making definitive statements such as "we are incapable of". Not only will you get fewer attacks, but you will sound more open-minded.

-JC

Jew.

Moves
09 Jun 06

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
09 Jun 06

Originally posted by Churlant
....but you will sound more open-minded.
Whilst not actually needing to be....

T

Moves
09 Jun 06

Some things ARE logically impossible.

w

Moves
09 Jun 06
2 edits

Originally posted by 7ate9
a while ago i spent a few weeks on my knees praying for rain. when a flood came into my home, naturally i consider it to be a miracle from God. i know with more technology it would be possible for man to re-create this, yet this wouldn't take away from the fact that God still sent that flood into my home. in the same regard, i don't see what your problem is with scientists trying to re-create life? i don't understand your problem.
I have no problems with science trying to re-create life. I just find it amusing because I believe their is only one that is capable of creating life. The reason that the creationist position is so unsettling to science is that you are saying that an entity, which can not be tested or measured, has created life. Science has no interest in such a being. The only alternative is then to assume that such a being does not exist. This is problematic because the theory of abiogenesis is itself unprovable. It is, however, more comforting contemplating one unproveable fact than two unproveable facts. Thus abiogenesis is the only alternative science has in explaining our origins.

Jew.

Moves
09 Jun 06

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
10 Jun 06
2 edits

Those that back up abiogeneisis answer me this. If it exists, where is abiogenesis today in the known universe? If you tell me it is because the known universe outside this planet is incapatible with life then where is it on earth? If it is no longer functioning on earth today then why is it on hiatus?
I don't know if it is currently occurring. It is not observed on Earth because there are already living organisms who very efficiently take up the raw materials that would lead to new life.

Also, there's a lot of free oxygen on Earth now. O2 is a very destructive molecule.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Jun 06

I just find it amusing because I believe their is only one that is capable of creating life.
Yes, I too find it amusing that you believe there is only being capable of creating life.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
11 Jun 06

Originally posted by Conrau K
Yes, I too find it amusing that you believe there is only being capable of creating life.
Two can play this game: I find it amusing that you believe random undirected forces formed all the complexities (and beauty) of life.

U
All Bark, No Bite

Playing percussion

Moves
11 Jun 06

Originally posted by Halitose
Two can play this game: I find it amusing that you believe random undirected forces formed all the complexities (and beauty) of life.
Evolution and natural selection are anything but random, hence the term selection. Just because they are automatic instead of being controlled by an intelligent being doesn't make them random.

I find it amusing that you can't comprehend the basics of evolutionary theory after the amount of time you have spent in this forum.