Starlight

Starlight

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Nov 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
But there is an abundance of evidence for God. Some of that evidence has already been posted before. There is no evidence that God does not exist, however.

The Instructor
Opinions do not count as evidence. All you have is humans saying there is a god. Nothing more.

Moves
15 Nov 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
But there is an abundance of evidence for God. Some of that evidence has already been posted before. There is no evidence that God does not exist, however.

The Instructor
you miss the point of your own religion. your god asks for a leap, he wouldnt do so if there were an abundance of evidence. if there were an abundance of evidence then it wouldnt be a leap would it? and your god wouldnt make a silly little logical error like that would he?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Nov 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
Opinions do not count as evidence. All you have is humans saying there is a god. Nothing more.
One could say the same for anything that we claim to know. What is light and how did it come about? Is there really intelligent information programmmed into DNA and if so, how did it get there? What is right and what is wrong? Can we really make up our own truth? Is there absolute truth or is it relative to something? Whose opinion are we going to accept?

We can ask many question, but does anybody have real answers or is it all based on opinions?

The Instructor

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Nov 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
you miss the point of your own religion. your god asks for a leap, he wouldnt do so if there were an abundance of evidence. if there were an abundance of evidence then it wouldnt be a leap would it? and your god wouldnt make a silly little logical error like that would he?
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

(Matthew 7:7-8 KJV)

The Instructor

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Nov 13

Very arrogant of you to suggest you know the point of someone else'
religion. You may have your own opinion about another's beliefs, and
they may miss that mark, but thier own religion, I suggest you speak for
yourself and your beliefs.
Kelly

Moves
16 Nov 13

Originally posted by KellyJay
Very arrogant of you to suggest you know the point of someone else'
religion. You may have your own opinion about another's beliefs, and
they may miss that mark, but thier own religion, I suggest you speak for
yourself and your beliefs.
Kelly
does your god ask for a leap of faith?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Nov 13

does your god ask for a leap of faith?
What do you mean?
Not trying to be shy away from your question.
Kelly

Moves
16 Nov 13
1 edit

What do you mean?
Not trying to be shy away from your question.
Kelly
does god expect his followers to take a leap of faith to believe in him, or does he expect people to believe based purely on solid evidence?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Nov 13

does god expect his followers to take a leap of faith to believe in him, or does he expect people to believe based purely on solid evidence?
Faith is how we walk with God, not sure if that is a 'leap' or not, but I'd
not go so far as say there isn't solid evidence. That said, what you call
solid evidence may not be what I call solid evidence, or the other way
around.
Kelly

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 Nov 13

around.
Kelly
The ENTIRE reason you are asked for faith is because the entire religion was made up by men and therefore HAD to use the crutch of faith to control their converts. A real god would have no need of faith, it would have the power to speak to every human being on Earth at the same time with no need of these intermediaries, priests, imams, deacons and so forth. The entire edifice is man made.

However you would never believe that, being thoroughly brainwashed by your religion.

You and a few billion other poor deluded folks.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Nov 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
The ENTIRE reason you are asked for faith is because the entire religion was made up by men and therefore HAD to use the crutch of faith to control their converts. A real god would have no need of faith, it would have the power to speak to every human being on Earth at the same time with no need of these intermediaries, priests, imams, deacons and so forth. ...[text shortened]... ing thoroughly brainwashed by your religion.

You and a few billion other poor deluded folks.
Next time anyone wants to know what a real God would do, we should ask
you, because you know!?
Kelly

Nil desperandum

Seedy piano bar

Moves
16 Nov 13

around.
Kelly
"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence."

Richard Dawkins

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 Nov 13
2 edits

Next time anyone wants to know what a real God would do, we should ask
you, because you know!?
Kelly
Can you deny a real god could talk to every human being on the planet at the same time in whatever language they speak, even if that person was deaf? Are you saying your god could never do that because it is so weak?

My point is you cannot deny that and still have an omniscient god. And that means all the OCD about religions are entirely man made, by admittedly creative and charismatic individuals thousands of years ago.

Moves
16 Nov 13
1 edit

around.
Kelly
having faith that a ball when thrown in the air will return to earth is evidence based faith. believing 100% in a christian god is a leap of faith as there is no definitive proof of his existence.

i have a question for you - if 20,000 fossils are dug up showing all the stages of man from ape to human. will you still believe in a young earth?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Nov 13

Originally posted by Pianoman1
"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence."

Richard Dawkins
Faith allows us to walk out what we hold true without a gun to our head.
No one avoids faith, you believe that science is giving you truth, that is a
matter of faith too.
Kelly