Spirtual understanding...

Spirtual understanding...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
But sonship 'does' argue that God's original purpose was for man to become God.

Why don't you challenge that?!
I’m not sure he does that. Hasn’t he explained that already?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
06 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Why don't you direct this anger at sonship for the false teaching he continuously drips into the forum? For example, his regular use of the term God-ized and the obsession with the deification of man? Doesn't this have eternal consequences?

Saying his posts are too long to read is a bit of a cop out.
I agree that much of the terms and such that sonship uses are hard to swallow.

But he understands clearly the gospel of Jesus Christ.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
07 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
But sonship 'does' argue that God's original purpose was for man to become God.

Why don't you challenge that?!
If, in fact, sonship does argue that man's original purpose "was for man to become God", I would have to argue with that.

I find no such thing in the scriptures.

How can the finite become infinite? Man will always and forever be finite because man had a beginning and God did not.

Man will never be God.

F

Moves
07 Jan 22

@josephw said
I agree that much of the terms and such that sonship uses are hard to swallow.But he understands clearly the gospel of Jesus Christ.
If his version of the Christian God tortures non-believers in burning flames for eternity [for their "sins"] and your version does not, isn't that almost like the two of you are describing different Gods with markedly contrasting natures?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
07 Jan 22

@josephw

I am relieved Rajk decided to quit.

Just sayin'.

F

Moves
07 Jan 22

@josephw said
@josephw

I am relieved Rajk decided to quit.

Just sayin'.
Thread 191587

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Jan 22

@fmf said
If his version of the Christian God tortures non-believers in burning flames for eternity [for their "sins"] and your version does not, isn't that almost like the two of you are describing different Gods with markedly contrasting natures?
Can you or divegeester cite Scripture to back up your claims that people in hell are “burned alive for eternity” and are “tortured in burning flames for eternity?”

I mean, seriously.

Give the book, chapter and verse that says people in hell are “burned alive for eternity” or “tortured in burning flames for eternity.”

F

Moves
07 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Can you or divegeester cite Scripture to back up your claims that people in hell are “burned alive for eternity” and are “tortured in burning flames for eternity?”
Whoosh again.

It's neither divegeester nor myself who claim that people are tortured in burning flames for eternity.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
07 Jan 22

@fmf said
I'll address that as an honest question.

I don't engage with sonship about his theological predispositions.

Having said that, sonship and I, while we may disagree, will never put on display our differences in this forum.

Concerning directly your question, "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:" Shema Yisrael

I do not have a problem understanding sonship, nor do I experience consternation at some of the things he says.

To engage with sonship in this forum at variance to his beliefs is beyond the scope of this platform.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
07 Jan 22
2 edits

@fmf said
Whoosh again.

It's neither divegeester nor myself who claim that people are tortured in burning flames for eternity.
Neither does anyone else.

That rhetoric is yours and divegeester's.

F

Moves
07 Jan 22
1 edit

@josephw said
To engage with sonship in this forum at variance to his beliefs is beyond the scope of this platform.
The scope of this forum is debate and discussion. Given the eternal torture issue, you and sonship describe different God figures. The one he worships tortures and... hangs out the dead on burning chains to glorify Him and deter people on other worlds [my paraphrasing but it's near enough], while the one you worship does not torture non-believers. Two different natures: effectively two different Gods. How can this be "beyond the scope of this platform"?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
07 Jan 22

@fmf said
Thread 191587
I guess you didn't understand what I meant.

F

Moves
07 Jan 22

@josephw said
Neither does anyone else.
sonship does.

F

Moves
07 Jan 22

@josephw said
I guess you didn't understand what I meant.
I understood the exact meaning of what you posted. Hence, me directing you to the thread about conformation bias.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
07 Jan 22

@fmf said
How can this be "beyond the scope of this platform"?
Because I said so.