Spirituality Forum is dead

Spirituality Forum is dead

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
01 Dec 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
Christians will never discard the Holy Bible, the word of truth, for the Vedas
and a life of looking forward to perpetual reincarnations in different bodies.
You must be reincarnated ...........because no man can come to the platform of love of God in one life time.

YOU KNOW THIS. and so does every free thinker who contemplates it for 2 minutes with an honest heart.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Dec 11

Originally posted by Dasa
You must be reincarnated ...........because no man can come to the platform of love of God in one life time.

YOU KNOW THIS. and so does every free thinker who contemplates it for 2 minutes with an honest heart.
Jesus the Christ did it in only 35 years and he is going to help me too. 😏

s

England

Moves
01 Dec 11

Originally posted by Rajk999
If you are not happy with the Catholic faith why no move to one in which you are happy. The Catholic Church are guilty of so many atrocities in the last 1800 years .. murder, false doctrines, child abuse etc .. I cannot imagine any serious Christian wanting to belong to that church.
when did i say i was not happy with the catholic faith?? ive said i disagree with some points or practices but im fully behind worshiping god thro jesus as our christ.
and by the way catholic means worship of christ thro the universal church. its roman. or english anglican and if your church is christian then its a catholic church.

s

England

Moves
01 Dec 11

dasa is off on one again dont bite

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
02 Dec 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
Jesus the Christ did it in only 35 years and he is going to help me too. 😏
You say Jesus Christ did it in 35 years but you also say Jesus is God...................so that means if it takes God 35 years to develop love of God then how long do you think it would take some mundane materialistic human person?

You see how silly this all sounds - and the more that you fabricate as you go along - the deeper you get caught up in the falsity and speculation.

*No person can develop love of God in one life time especially if they are embracing the falsity of false religion.

It is almost impossible for someone taking to the Vedic teachings to achieve love of God in one life time............let alone if they are following false religion and slaughtering animals.

Anyone who eats meat will never develop love of God - because eating meat is evidence of living in ignorance and ignorant people cannot develop love of God.

F

Moves
02 Dec 11
1 edit

Anyone who eats meat will never develop love of God - because eating meat is evidence of living in ignorance and ignorant people cannot develop love of God.
This is an excellent example of a circular argument. Do you know what a circular argument is, Dasa?

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
02 Dec 11

Originally posted by FMF
This is an excellent example of a circular argument. Do you know what a circular argument is, Dasa?
Instead of taking the essence of the post and acknowledging the truth it contains........you decide to overlook it entirely and play word games and mind games.

And if you go back to most postings I have presented you have done the same.

Why are you here? (rhetorical)

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Dec 11
1 edit

Instead of taking the essence of the post and acknowledging the truth it contains........you decide to overlook it entirely and play word games and mind games.

He doesn't know. He just is. That's all he knows.

P.S. But your Vedas is not the end of all teachings nor is the Holy Bible.
You, however, remain in the dark ages and a dream world of ignorance it
seems.

F

Moves
02 Dec 11

Answer the question, if you can. Do you know what a circular argument is, Dasa?

F

Moves
02 Dec 11

Instead of taking the essence of the post and acknowledging the truth it contains...
The "essence of the post" you made was a textbook circular argument. Do you know what a circular argument is, Dasa? Yes or no?

Moves
02 Dec 11

Originally posted by FMF

Instead of taking t ...[text shortened]... ack to most postings I have presented you have done the same.

@dasa and @FMF

This is probably a mistake but....

"Anyone who eats meat will never develop love of God - because eating meat is evidence of living in ignorance
and ignorant people cannot develop love of God."

I am not sure I agree that this argument is circular. It seems to me that IF;
P1) eating meat IS evidence of ignorance
AND
P2) Ignorant people Cannot develop a love of god.
THEN
P3) Anyone who eats meat will never develop a love of god

Is logically sound.

However the premises P1 and P2 are assumptions, and need to be demonstrated to be true before anyone else
need accept them.

Now you (dasa) evidently (and strongly) believe this to be true, but if you want to convince others that it is so then you
need to present an argument that is convincing.

This isn't.

So what do you need to do to make your argument convincing?

You need to independently justify/prove your Premises.

which in this case mean,

Demonstrating that eating meat IS evidence of ignorance. (note: demonstrate, not assert)

And

Demonstrating that ignorant people can't love god. (tricky, because for this one you have to demonstrate the
attributes of god, which requires as a prerequisite demonstrating the existence of not just a god but your god.)

Once you have demonstrated that eating meat is a sign of ignorance AND demonstrated that your god exists and
can't be loved by the ignorant then you can justifiably claim that "Anyone who eats meat will never develop love of God".

However the question is still open as to whether anyone should care that they will never develop a love of god,
But that's a different argument.

F

Moves
02 Dec 11
2 edits

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Dec 11
1 edit

You say Jesus Christ did it in 35 years but you also say Jesus is God...................so that means if it takes God 35 years to develop love of God then how long do you think it would take some mundane materialistic human person?

You see how silly this all sounds - and the more that you fabricate as you go along - the deeper you get caught up in the falsit ...[text shortened]... e eating meat is evidence of living in ignorance and ignorant people cannot develop love of God.
YOU WORSHIP A COW. Just that alone makes you as smart as a bucket of nails.

Then you worship idols. I mean you make this statue with your hands, and call it Krishna or some name and kneel down in before it and pray to it?

Puhleese !! Are you people insane?

Moves
02 Dec 11

Originally posted by rwingett
It's true. There's been nothing but junk in here for weeks. The last person out, turn off the lights.
I'm back from vacation so you can trust that this forum will be soon resurrected.😏

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Dec 11

Originally posted by JS357
I'm back from vacation so you can trust that this forum will be soon resurrected.😏
Or turned into a comedy forum.