Spirituality Forum is dead

Spirituality Forum is dead

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
29 Nov 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
What do you believe the truth is?
When I've tried to discuss anything with you in the past you have insulted me personally, accused me of being Satanic, doing Satan's work, being influenced by Satan, of wanting to murder all Americans, of supporting terrorism, of being evil, of being mentally ill, and so on. And now you ask 'What do you believe the truth is?' in a sudden clumsy switch from ugliness to feigned interest, like a lurching drunk? I don't want to change your beliefs, RJHinds, nor do I want you - or anyone else - to adopt mine. The topic is 'Spirituality Forum is dead' and I am giving my penny's worth. Good for you that the internet has empowered you and allowed you to project yourself. But don't kid yourself that you are anything other than one of the most dimwitted and alienating Christians that many people here have probably ever had online interaction with. I believe that to be the truth. No offence intended.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
29 Nov 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
It did come out like that didn't it? (ie that I was addressing just the christians)
Well, I actually meant everyone, it's just that christians are the predominant theists on here, (also I live in a christian community which is very un-christian at times, hence I think my criticisms are justified.)

As for the calibre of atheists on here I guess the q ...[text shortened]... altogether. That's a bit over the top , dont you think?
(I notice googlefudge loves ya😉 )
I have never said anything that was only a bit over the top.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
29 Nov 11

Originally posted by Suzianne
Is this as close as you come to a compliment? 😉
Lol. Thanks for the giggle 🙂

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
29 Nov 11

I am sorry if I have contributed to the death of this Spirituality Forum.
But does the theory of evolution and an earth that is billions of years
old rather than a few thousand help the Spirituality Forum at all?
Trying to find out the truth a or saying "I dont know" when you clearly dont (some of your comments about science are laughable, but in the end just sad because you actually sound as if you believe what you say), would be the most helpful.

Repeat: try to find the truth. That would be the most helpful ,imo.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
29 Nov 11

Originally posted by FMF
When I've tried to discuss anything with you in the past you have insulted me personally, accused me of being Satanic, doing Satan's work, being influenced by Satan, of wanting to murder all Americans, of supporting terrorism, of being evil, of being mentally ill, and so on. And now you ask 'What do you believe the truth is?' in a sudden clumsy switch from uglin ...[text shortened]... ad online interaction with. I believe that to be the truth. No offence intended.
Not to mention, it is really quite unclear what "truth" he is referring to here, but I would bet it is not the truth about evolution.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
29 Nov 11

Originally posted by rwingett
I have never said anything that was only a bit over the top.
I guess it's a matter of opinion
(I'm just answering because I didn't see a smiley)

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
29 Nov 11

I guess it's a matter of opinion
(I'm just answering because I didn't see a smiley)
🙄

Better?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Nov 11

Originally posted by FMF
When I've tried to discuss anything with you in the past you have insulted me personally, accused me of being Satanic, doing Satan's work, being influenced by Satan, of wanting to murder all Americans, of supporting terrorism, of being evil, of being mentally ill, and so on. And now you ask 'What do you believe the truth is?' in a sudden clumsy switch from uglin ...[text shortened]... ad online interaction with. I believe that to be the truth. No offence intended.
I thought you were a Muslim at one time for you were defending their
beliefs. Then later you said you were not and would never come out
with your true beliefs. You seemed only to defend those people that
had an opposite belief than this dim witted and alienating Christian.
It seems that it is perfectly okay for insults to be hurled at Christians,
such as myself. But you are very sensitive and unforgiving when
insults come your way. Then you exaggerate these insults into
gigantic proportions. So it appears you are not really concerned with
the truth at all and do not want do reveal your true beliefs, if you have
any.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Nov 11

Trying to find out the truth a or saying "I dont know" when you clearly dont (some of your comments about science are laughable, but in the end just sad because you actually sound as if you believe what you say), would be the most helpful.

Repeat: try to find the truth. That would be the most helpful ,imo.
Yes, I do believe what I am saying. I have no reason to misrepresent
what I believe to be true. I am not interested in an argument for the
sake of argument like FMF seems to be. I wish to spread the truth
of the good news of Christ.

F

Moves
29 Nov 11

I thought you were a Muslim at one time for you were defending their
beliefs.
I wasn't "defending their beliefs" - their beliefs have no less or no more objective validity than yours as far as I am concerned. I was defending these fellow humans against your rancorous, cartoon-like smears and dehumanizing insults. Perhaps the fact that people like you believe that people should not be "sensitive and unforgiving" when you decide to squirt out your parochial, mean spirited abuse, and that this abuse is spiritual in nature and justified because it is "the truth", is one of the reasons why this Spirituality Forum is closer now to being like a Yahoo Chat Room than it used to be.

F

Moves
29 Nov 11

I wish to spread the truth of the good news of Christ.
Then why do it in such a nasty, alienating, and spiritually twisted way? You give off no "Good News" vibe, RJHinds. None. You give off negativity. You take delight in circular arguments. You surely alienate people from Christ just as Dasa has probably alienated more people from the Vedas than he has attracted. You should reflect on the online persona you have chosen for yourself and its effect.

F

Moves
29 Nov 11
1 edit

It seems that it is perfectly okay for insults to be hurled at Christians,
such as myself.
It is not perfectly okay for insults to be hurled at Christians. I have never "hurled insults" at you, or anyone else, because they are a Christian. That is flat out not true. I wonder if you'll retract it.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
29 Nov 11

Originally posted by rwingett
🙄

Better?
Not really-I'm even more confused now, but if I was to take it on the face of it then I would answer something like this : 😏

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
29 Nov 11
2 edits

Yes, I do believe what I am saying. I have no reason to misrepresent
what I believe to be true. I am not interested in an argument for the
sake of argument like FMF seems to be. I wish to spread the truth
of the good news of Christ.
So basically you are only concerned in a portion of the truth (the portion that deals with JC and christianity)?
May I suggest that there is more to truth than just what is in the bible. A great deal more. And I would add to that that it is quite pertinent to consider the WHOLE truth and not just bits and pieces of it( to have a sound understanding of the world/universe and our place in it).

This is why I try to integrate my belief system with science and religion, (and other things), because I think that we need the truth of science and religion to have a sound understanding of Truth (with a capital "T" ).
Focussing on only one aspect of it will not get you the whole truth. And that is what I believe you do by only talking about JC and the christian god (and ONLY other related topics)

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
29 Nov 11

Not really-I'm even more confused now, but if I was to take it on the face of it then I would answer something like this : 😏
🙂😀😉😛😕😠😳🙁:'(😞😏😵😲🙄😴