So long, Dasa...

So long, Dasa...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
13 Apr 16

Originally posted by moonbus
The SF has become very one-sided, with a particular and peculiar version of Protestant Fundamentalist issues vastly over-represented. I for one would favor an opening up of the discussion to include other issues from other perspectives. If it occurs under Debates or even Culture, rather than SF, that's fine with me.
I can only keep up with one forum .

Otherwise there is the freedom that only the SF affords

And finally to me all is spiritual so the title of the forum doesn't make a lot of difference to generally

Über-Nerd

Moves
14 Apr 16

Originally posted by karoly aczel
And finally to me all is spiritual so the title of the forum doesn't make a lot of difference to generally
One who can see God in a grain of sand or a blade of grass does not need religion.

Go in peace.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
15 Apr 16
1 edit

One who can see God in a grain of sand or a blade of grass does not need religion.

Go in peace.
Yes , God not exist. You can take that on my authority.

Certainly no separate entity, delegating judgment.

The :higher beings: , who sometimes pose as gods shoulde be there to aid in our (spiritual)evolution ,
wish us to evolve in harmony with the planet's evolution

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
15 Apr 16

Go in peace.
I have my own version of Hinduism, my own religion. no one elses, one member only

The "religion" I practice is largely trial and error, and I am the first to admit it is messy.
But it is the road i have forged my whole life.
And it is mine. As much as I want to discard a remedial understanding of spirituality and experience first hand "direct lighting". After all, it is the wave of the future

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
15 Apr 16

I have my own version of Hinduism, my own religion. no one elses, one member only

The "religion" I practice is largely trial and error, and I am the first to admit it is messy.
But it is the road i have forged my whole life.
And it is mine. As much as I want to discard a remedial understanding of spirituality and experience first hand "direct lighting". After all, it is the wave of the future
I thought electromagnetic waves were the waves of the future.

Regards

Your Spiritual Arch Nemesis (Trial period).

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Apr 16

Originally posted by FMF
What nonsense. I have met some wonderful Hindus and their beliefs are just as interesting and steeped in folklore as Christianity's are. Dasa's behaviour here was a personal calamity, a missed opportunity for him as a proponent of his religious beliefs, and a pity for this forum which could really benefit from the presence of a few people from religions other than Christianity.
Folklore? You never miss an opportunity to sneer at Christianity, though, do you? The missed opportunity I spoke of is your failing to have enough faith to sustain your belief.

F

Moves
15 Apr 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
Folklore? You never miss an opportunity to sneer at Christianity, though, do you?
Yes, folklore, by which I mean the traditional literature and knowledge ~ including stories and proverbs and songs and similar stuff ~ of a group or tribe or an entire culture that get passed on from generation to generation. Is there a better word than "folklore" that I can use to express this idea?

F

Moves
15 Apr 16

The missed opportunity I spoke of is your failing to have enough faith to sustain your belief.
When I talked about Dasa's missed opportunity, you thought I was referring to something about him failing to have enough faith to sustain his beliefs? Surely not.

What is the connection in your mind between me losing my faith and Dasa's lack of success in promoting the Vedas in this community?

Surely you were just blurting something out when, in fact, I had said something quite reasonable about Dasa's behaviour, but now you are just pretending that you were making a valid comparison? I think you're trying a wee bit too hard. 😉

Cape Town

Moves
15 Apr 16

Folklore? You never miss an opportunity to sneer at Christianity, though, do you? The missed opportunity I spoke of is your failing to have enough faith to sustain your belief.
Father Christmas is not folklore?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
15 Apr 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
I thought electromagnetic waves were the waves of the future.

Regards

Your Spiritual Arch Nemesis (Trial period).
I feel honoured to be considered.

When's the interview?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
15 Apr 16

It's always about Christianity with you isn't it.

Even though many believed JC was schooled by Hindu's
and Buddhism was accepted by Hinduism.
Why always differentiate where you get your wisdom from?
If JC was actually fictional would it make any difference to his legacy? no
Why not focus on that which unites us? Or are you scared of that which you don't know?

Über-Nerd

Moves
16 Apr 16
1 edit

God not exist. You can take that on my authority.

Certainly no separate entity, delegating judgment.
I'm willing to agree that "God" does not denote an entity or Being. "God" understood as the hypostatization of eschatological concerns still denotes something, not nothing at all. All that religion ever accomplishes, when it is doing what it ought to be doing, is to point someone in that direction by providing a vocabulary for expressing eschatological concerns. One who can see that in a grain of sand or a blade of grass doesn't need religion, though he might still enjoy the companionship of fellow seekers.

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
16 Apr 16

Originally posted by FMF
Those who challenge people like Dasa and robbie over the questionable morality of certain stances they take and claims they make are predominantly non-Christians, it seems to me.
Yeah, considering how the church deals with moral issues like rape and paedophilia....