Sickening Bible Stories

Sickening Bible Stories

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

O
Digital Blasphemy

Omnipresent

Moves
22 Feb 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
Not too Christian there, Omnislash are we? I ain't Doctor Phil; why would I care about such a thing, even assuming he didn't make it up?
Not too Christian? Why would you say that? Maybe my comment was not lude enough. You insist that the Christian God is so vile, and as such I don't really understand what criteria makes you say that. I am a very firm believer in your assholyness. 😉 😀

......and I am very glad you don't esteem to be like Dr. Phil.......again, the obvious here. 😀

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
23 Feb 05

Originally posted by Omnislash
Not too Christian? Why would you say that? Maybe my comment was not lude enough. You insist that the Christian God is so vile, and as such I don't really understand what criteria makes you say that. I am a very firm believer in your assholyness. 😉 😀

......and I am very glad you don't esteem to be like Dr. Phil.......again, the obvious here. 😀
Do you think that the Midianite young girls who saw their mothers, older sisters and baby brothers killed in cold blood before their eyes and were then condemned to be raped by the murderers thought the Old Testament God was "vile", Omnislash?

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
23 Feb 05
1 edit

Do you think that the Midianite young girls who saw their mothers, older sisters and baby brothers killed in cold blood before their eyes and were then condemned to be raped by the murderers thought the Old Testament God was "vile", Omnislash?
You're taking things to literal, No1. I bet you are used to this.
Were you raised to be a Christian fundamentalist, a literalist, No1 ? I bet my socks you were, because you are still a literalist and a fundamentalist, except now you're a secular one. You simply changed the colour of your coat, that's all.

The Apologist

Moves
23 Feb 05

They weren't killed in front of them, no1. And they weren't raped. It makes me so sad that what is plain is not for you.

Purification meant isolation and repenting through clean animal sacrifices. The Jews abhorred raping.

And I don't condone murder, but the Midianites wanted the Jews dead. They were tools used by Satan to rid the world of the people the Messiah would come from. Don't you see that?? Why do people hate Jews so much through history and now? What is so special about them???

It's because their perpetual existence through persecution is a testament to the Living God who made a promise to them long ago.

O
Digital Blasphemy

Omnipresent

Moves
23 Feb 05

How would I know. I am neither John Edwards nor Dr. Phil. 🙂

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
23 Feb 05
1 edit

Originally posted by Darfius
They weren't killed in front of them, no1. And they weren't raped. It makes me so sad that what is plain is not for you.

Purification meant isolation and repenting through clean animal sacrifices. The Jews abhorred raping.

And I ...[text shortened]... a testament to the Living God who made a promise to them long ago.
Do you even read the Bible, Darfius? Here's what it says:

17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.

18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

Where does it say they weren't killed right there? The passage earlier says Moses and the priests went out to the camp and gave these orders; that's where all the prisoners were. Isn't it logical to assume that they were killed right there, right in front of the girls? If God told you to, would you kill an infant male child, Darfius?

The girls were "kept alive" for the Israelite man. Do you think they went willingly to men who had murdered their parents, sisters and brothers? No, Darfius, they were forced to, under pain of death. That's rape in New York and even in Texas. "The Jews abhorred raping"!!!!!! What a laugh!

Try to be a compassionate person instead of the mindless robot that you seem to be. You're a Midianite young girl; your entire family and almost all your friends are butchered by invaders. You are forced, under pain of death, to have sex with their murderers. How do you think that girl would feel, Darfius? What do you think those girls lives were like? Say what a loving and merciful God there is in the Old Testament, Darfius and every time you do, I'll remember those Midianite girls.

I hope some of them eventually escaped and had decent lives even though your God wanted them condemned to be raped most days of their life. Your God is a monster, Darfius.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
23 Feb 05

Darfius: "It's because their perpetual existence through persecution is a testament to the Living God who made a promise to them long ago."

I don't always agree with you Darfius, but this is one I agree with.
The existence of the Jewish people is a reference to, or almost a proof for, the fact that God exists. That's why so many anti-religious lunatics, many times disguised as devout believers, tried to destroy the Jewish people in the past . These dangerous fanatics have always failed in the past, are failing now and they will always fail in the future.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
23 Feb 05

Originally posted by pcaspian
You're acting pretty stupid. Either purposefully or more simply, ignorance. Have you truely read the entire Bible ?
Your opinion has no value to me. You are the same as these
mindless literalists, always making absurd explanations for
contradictions and obscene behavior attributed to God.

Not only have I read the Bible many times, pcaspian, but I
have worked out many of the theologically significant parts
of it in the original Greek (crossreferencing with translator
handbooks as well as commentaries).

But, heresy of heresies, I've been spending a great deal of
time with Buddhist literature, and will be starting on the Talmud
when I have enough money to buy a transliteration.

If you doubt I've read the Bible, take any single one of my
longer posts and try to find even one sentence that comes from
another site (apart from ones that are in quotes with citations).
Every thought I present is my own, not the regurgitating parrotting
which you are used to and makes you feel comfortable.

Nemesio

p

Graceland.

Moves
23 Feb 05

Originally posted by Nemesio
Your opinion has no value to me.

It clearly has for others, seems such a simple post sounds sums you up nicely.

Educated, but can't apply anything you've learnt.

pc

O
Digital Blasphemy

Omnipresent

Moves
23 Feb 05

Originally posted by pcaspian
Originally posted by Nemesio
[b]Your opinion has no value to me.

It clearly has for others, seems such a simple post sounds sums you up nicely.

Educated, but can't apply anything you've learnt.

pc[/b]
For the third time today, I have appreciated it when people point out what I have long thought obvious. 😉

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
23 Feb 05

Do you even read the Bible, Darfius? Here's what it says:

17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.

18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

Where does it say they weren't k ...[text shortened]... em condemned to be raped most days of their life. Your God is a monster, Darfius.

lol i ran across this
SHOFTIM
(Book of Judges)
Chapter 1 :19
And HaShem was with Judah; and he drove out the inhabitants of the hill-country; for he could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
23 Feb 05

Originally posted by Varg
Not as bizaare as this:
http://www.thebricktestament.com/genesis/rape_treachery_and_slaughter/gn34_24.html
Those appear to be lego foreskins in that bucket!!
Wow. ROFL!

Lord Chook

Stringybark

Moves
23 Feb 05

Have we had II Kings 2:23-4 where 42 children are mauled to death by bears at the instruction of God because they called Elisha 'baldy!'.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
23 Feb 05

Originally posted by Maustrauser
Have we had II Kings 2:23-4 where 42 children are mauled to death by bears at the instruction of God because they called Elisha 'baldy!'.

Please cut and paste; that sounds like a good one!

g
Wayward Soul

Your Blackened Sky

Moves
23 Feb 05

Originally posted by Starrman
Have you even read the OT or do you just accept that line because it's what you've always been taught?

How can you say the jews misinterpreted? It was their bloody religion!!! They set out the state of messianic fulfillment, then a bunch of whackos come along, tell them they're wrong, nick their holy words, turn them around to say what they want t ...[text shortened]... acles and using unproven acts to prove Jesus was the messiah is ridiculous and counter-rational.
yes-i have read the old testament. there is nothing the prophets say the messiah will do that jesus did not do.

and why can they not missinterpret somthing if it's their religion? and the entire jewish faith was not shunned - only those who shunned jesus were shunned...

and anyway - back to the only a man bit. he may have been only a man, as you claim, but he was pretty darn wise when it came to that. and yet, the jews were afraid of him. more afraid of him than they were of john the baptish, who many thought was elijah (well-i think they thought that...i can't remeber exactly...although elijah was meant to clear the path for the messiah...i think...argh! my memory sucks for this...anyway! he was wise.her wasn't "only a man" as you say. he had something...)