Sharia Law

Sharia Law

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
07 Jan 14

Originally posted by Rajk999
Well, for sure. Christianity started off as a barbaric religion but has now become far more moderate and tolerant. Although they still have lots of lose ends to iron out. In the case of Islam Im not sure that they could ever reach that position.

The difference is how the Koran is worded. You would not find disciples of Christianity being commanded [in the ...[text shortened]... are following the clear teachings of the holy books, while the moderates are departing from it.
You shall not suffer a witch to live...

Anyhow...

Islam is appx 600 years younger that Christianity. And is most prevalent in countries
that have not completed industrialisation and/or modernisation.

I suggest comparing it to what Christianity was like 600+ years ago and then seeing which
is more tolerant.

Not that it really matters. Neither is good, when you are simply trying to decide which is
least worse it's time to try something else.

Moves
07 Jan 14

Originally posted by whodey
I take issue with that claim. Christianity started from peace loving individuals who were rounded up and thrown to the lions.

It was only after Constantine declared Christianity the state religion did it start to become barbaric. That is what happens when you mingle the vile politics of man with the church and this is what Islam refuses to recognize.
Christianity started out as a guerilla terrorist group which is why the Romans, who generally
tolerated it's subjects worshipping anything they wanted as long as they also respected the
Roman gods, were so keen to hunt them down and kill them.

They didn't crucify people on a whim... well not often.

It's always been barbaric, It just hasn't always been powerful.

T

Moves
07 Jan 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]The Real Impact of Sharia Law in America
Cully Stimson, September 2, 2010 at 11:00 am

"Justice for John Yoo and Jay Bybee: Does Sharia law allow a husband to rape his wife, even in America? A New Jersey trial judge thought so. In a recently overturned case, a “trial judge found as a fact that defendant ...[text shortened]...

ThinkOfOne, thanks for your comments. Do you approve of the accuracy of this report? (Page 1)[/b]
Classic. GB posts more Islamaphobic fear mongering in response to my post which only serves to underscore my points.

rc

Moves
07 Jan 14
1 edit

Originally posted by googlefudge
Christianity started out as a guerilla terrorist group which is why the Romans, who generally
tolerated it's subjects worshipping anything they wanted as long as they also respected the

I don't think I have read so much nonsense in my life, the early Christians were law abiding citizens who were counselled in the letters of Paul to remain obedient as far as was possible to the secular governments, the Romans persecuted them because they would not recognise the divinity of Caesar nor offer sacrifices on his behalf. Pliny mentions a test that was used to determine a true Christian by asking them to offer a little incense up before the effigy of Caesar, many chose horrific death rather than compromise to an act of idolatry, your ignorant and ill informed assertions are without substance or merit.

Moves
07 Jan 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I don't think I have read so much nonsense in my life, the early Christians were law abiding citizens who were counselled in the letters of Paul to remain obedient as far as was possible to the secular governments, the Romans persecuted them because they would not recognise the divinity of Caesar nor offer sacrifices on his behalf. Pliny mentions a ...[text shortened]... to an act of idolatry, your ignorant and ill informed assertions are without substance or merit.
Try reading your own posts, you will find nonsense to burn.

rc

Moves
07 Jan 14

Try reading your own posts, you will find nonsense to burn.
Wilful ignorance, how banal!

Moves
07 Jan 14

Wilful ignorance, how banal!
Again, try reading your own posts. you will find wilful ignorance to burn.

rc

Moves
07 Jan 14

Again, try reading your own posts. you will find wilful ignorance to burn.
such negative Karma cannot be good for your health, you need to be more positive me thinks.

Moves
07 Jan 14

such negative Karma cannot be good for your health, you need to be more positive me thinks.
Actually ripping you to shreds is remarkably therapeutic.

Like popping bubble wrap.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Jan 14

I love it when you use your accurate information to help you form your informed world view.

Or however it is you said you get from A to B without stepping on the cracks.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Jan 14
1 edit

No one can take you seriously until you take your 'Neo' coat off.

rc

Moves
07 Jan 14

see how associating with a positive person has made you feel better already!

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
08 Jan 14

Originally posted by Rajk999
You still have it back to front Black Beetle.

Let me explain. A core teaching is one that is clearly stated in the Holy Books as a principle that must be followed, and then subsequently clarified and reinforced by the elders in the Hadiths. Now in the these times Sharia law appear to be barbaric because in the last 100 years mankind has progressed while ...[text shortened]... is that the 'fondamentalist criminals' are the ones who hold on to the core teachings of Islam.
Rajk, in fact Muhammad was mainly concerned with the poor and most needy of the society and at the same time he was condemning the worship of idols. This was his core preaching, which turned the wealthiest of the society against Muhammad, who in turn was gaining popularity mainly amongst the poor people. Finally, faced with increasingly harsh opposition, in 622 the prophet was forced to flee Mecca and escape to Medina etc etc.
That being said, the five pillars of Islam that are accepted by all the Muslims are simply:
Belief in one God (Allah) and belief that Muhammad is the most perfect prophet;
Required prayer five times during the day;
Abstaining from food and drink from sunrise to sunset during Ramadan;
Giving alms to the poor;
Going on a pilgrimage to Mecca unless the believer is unable to go because he is sick or in a condition of financial hardship;
😵

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
08 Jan 14

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
These last couple of posts of yours much better capture where I'm coming from than your initial attempt. From what I can tell, you've come to get a better understanding of Sharia since then. Good to know someone is actually taking the time to educate themselves a bit. If only that were true for those who most need it.

BTW, your impression of why I call ...[text shortened]... 'd be better off not trying to surmise what other posters think. You don't seem very good at it.
What was my "initial attempt" ? I clearly reject Shariah Law as it is practised in S. Arabia and other Islam theocratic countries and furthermore I consider everyone who is practicing this specific system a fondamentalist criminal.

BTW, my impression of why you called GB a bigot was not based on all the factors you have in your mind; it was based on some factors I had in my mind when I happened to notice this thread😵

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
08 Jan 14

Originally posted by black beetle
Rajk, in fact Muhammad was mainly concerned with the poor and most needy of the society and at the same time he was condemning the worship of idols. This was his core preaching, which turned the wealthiest of the society against Muhammad, who in turn was gaining popularity mainly amongst the poor people. Finally, faced with increasingly harsh opposition ...[text shortened]... ess the believer is unable to go because he is sick or in a condition of financial hardship;
😵
Muhammad was concerned primarily with conquest and beheading the Christians with the sword.