Science is best supported by?

Science is best supported by?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
150d
1 edit

@bigdogg said
"But moonbus! My argument by analogy has so many parallels! So many details that line up, that the two things I'm comparing have to be the same!"

"All you have is denial of my bad argument, nothing more!!"

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️
If you look at how mechanism is defined and what matches it is what we see in many things we build not just the digital world, choosing to ignore what is happening in biology puts you and Dawkins in the same place. You can admit it is there to see, but deny nonetheless. Denying it is not an answer, without being able to explain why!

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
150d

@kellyjay said
If you look at how mechanism is defined and what matches it is what we see in many things we build not just the digital world, choosing to ignore what is happening in biology puts you and Dawkins in the same place. You can admit it is there to see, but deny nonetheless. Denying it is not an answer, without being able to explain why!
You're the one who's ignoring what's happening in biology.

I've watched this forum a long time. People have tried to explain this stuff to you over and over again, for years. You steadfastly refuse to get it.

There is an excellent biblical phrase for this situation - "ears to hear". You don't have 'em. Never have.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
150d

@bigdogg said

I've watched this forum a long time. People have tried to explain this stuff to you over and over again, for years. You steadfastly refuse to get it.

There is an excellent biblical phrase for this situation - "ears to hear". You don't have 'em. Never have.
Blaa, blaa, blaa what is going on in biology is what I'm talking about and you go "ears to hear."

What definition do you use when you talk about mechanisms, how do you define what is going on in life where blood clotting starts and stops, where blood sugar is regulated biologically?

How about you explain this stuff without using design terminology? Do you think there is no information processing being done when start stops occur among other biological processes that require regulation

ENGLAND

Moves
150d

@kellyjay said
What definition do you use when you talk about mechanisms
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechanism_(biology)

Read some books!

ENGLAND

Moves
150d

@kellyjay said
how do you define what is going on in life where blood clotting starts and stops
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coagulation

Read some books!

ENGLAND

Moves
150d

@kellyjay said
where blood sugar is regulated biologically?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_sugar_regulation

Read some books!

ENGLAND

Moves
150d

@kellyjay said Do you think there is no information processing being done when start stops occur among other biological processes that require regulation
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_codon

Educate yourself!

Über-Nerd

Moves
149d
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Blaa, blaa, blaa what is going on in biology is what I'm talking about and you go "ears to hear."

What definition do you use when you talk about mechanisms, how do you define what is going on in life where blood clotting starts and stops, where blood sugar is regulated biologically?

How about you explain this stuff without using design terminology? Do you think there i ...[text shortened]... rocessing being done when start stops occur among other biological processes that require regulation
No biological process "requires regulation." You're projecting, again.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
149d

@moonbus said
No biological process "requires regulation." You're projecting, again.
Do you know what type one or two diabetic bodies have going on that require an outside intervention?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
149d

@bigdogg said

I refuse to accept mindlessness in building extremely complex functions and forms from molecular scratch pieced together by chance without caring about the outcome, without monitoring an outcome, without planning for an outcome without any chemical molecular process that could arrange that instead of entropy.

Those who look at life and the fine-tuning of the universe and say it is what it is without going into the details at the wonder of it, are not taking this seriously at all of the possible other outcomes that could have taken place. I ran across a quote from Philosopher John Leslie I'll paraphrase it, that speaks about the anthropic principle against design. If you were in front of a firing squad with fifty guns all trained on you and they shot and all miss. Would you be surprised, if you were still alive? Had a single bullet hit and killed you, you wouldn't be there to wonder about it, but you are alive. Why wonder about the 50 misses if they were deliberate or not?

ENGLAND

Moves
149d

@kellyjay said
Do you know what type one or two diabetic bodies have going on that require an outside intervention?
Anyone who has read a book or an article on it will have.

You should try it kellyjay.

ENGLAND

Moves
149d

@kellyjay said
I refuse to accept mindlessness in building extremely complex functions and forms from molecular scratch pieced together by chance without caring about the outcome, without monitoring an outcome, without planning for an outcome without any chemical molecular process that could arrange that instead of entropy.
Your “refusal to accept” globally held, scientifically researched, peer reviewed, objectively proven causality in biology processes is obvious Kellyjay, you don’t need to state it.

The problem you have is that you have absolutely ZERO evidence to the contrary.

Über-Nerd

Moves
149d

@kellyjay said

Those who look at life and the fine-tuning of the universe and ...[text shortened]... wonder about it, but you are alive. Why wonder about the 50 misses if they were deliberate or not?
Refusal to accept facts is your whole mindset in a nutshell. If you had a working transcendental causality detector which clearly showed the Hand of God jiggling molecules, I'd change my mind. But you won't change your mind no matter what the evidence shows, and there's the difference between us.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
149d

@moonbus said
Refusal to accept facts is your whole mindset in a nutshell. If you had a working transcendental causality detector which clearly showed the Hand of God jiggling molecules, I'd change my mind. But you won't change your mind no matter what the evidence shows, and there's the difference between us.
You are the one ignoring specialized work in biology not me.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
149d

@moonbus said
It is quite simple a healthy body does something that someone with type one diabetes or two cannot do or do as well as required. Explain what and why please!