1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Jan '24 10:56
    A. Atheism
    B. Theism
    C. Poloytheism
    D. None of the above science doesn't need/require any of them?
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    02 Jan '24 11:31
    @kellyjay said
    A. Atheism
    B. Theism
    C. Poloytheism
    E. Facts.

Take this to the Science Forum, Spanky.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Jan '24 11:33
    @moonbus said
    E. Facts.

Take this to the Science Forum, Spanky.
    Like every where else you can not answer a simple question! You have to twist it into something else!
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '24 11:481 edit
    @kellyjay said
    A. Atheism
    B. Theism
    C. Poloytheism
    E. Facts
    F. Curiosity
    G. Open-mindedness
    H. Scepticism
    I. Honesty... and also...
    J. Agnosticism
  5. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    02 Jan '24 14:00
    Science is best supported by? Scientology? No, scientists.

Science is best supported by scientists, through measurement. In the art and science of measurement, repeatability and reproducibility are fundamental aspects of scientific research. These concepts are designed to ensure the validity and reliability of scientific findings. However, all measurements need to be measured to a standard, to be deemed accurate to a certain extent. The standard, a calibration tool used to assure the instruments ability to produce accuracy is imperative. A standard has to be somewhere from 4 to 10 times more accurate than the instrument performing the measurements to be a reliable standard.

The problem with the science of science is that man is the measure of all things classified as being scientific. Right from the top of my head, the first thing that comes to mind is to ask where can we find a standard to measure man, since man has made himself the measure of all things?

Who on the list can measure the size of universe, before and after coming into view? Who on the list can measure eternity? Where can we possibly find an appropriate, accurately calibrated standard, to assure the instrumentation which are utilized in the measurements of such fantastical sized dimensions? And how can the fundamental mandatory repeatability and reproducibility be performed, to assert the scientific findings, should they be found, fundamentally?

KellyJay is probably intending to lure the non believers into his spider's web, where the web is the certainty of the Bible he swears by. He intends to measure the measurements of science by making the bible his standard.

No doubt as an attempted retaliation for the dinosaurs' bones. But more so for all the recent wisecracks on Noah's Ark, and the Tree of Life. KellyJay is trying to root out the ridiculous from science.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Jan '24 14:16
    @pettytalk said
    Science is best supported by? Scientology? No, scientists.

Science is best supported by scientists, through measurement. In the art and science of measurement, repeatability and reproducibility are fundamental aspects of scientific research. These concepts are designed to ensure the validity and reliability of scientific findings. However, all measurements need to be m ...[text shortened]... cks on Noah's Ark, and the Tree of Life. KellyJay is trying to root out the ridiculous from science.
    Simple question yet untouched even all the extra choices would have been included in the D answer but I suppose the need to disagree with me is so strong they feel the need to respond instead of ignoring a post they don’t care about. Yet they have to avoid any possible agreement with me of they can not use the choices offered. So they add several choices all of which again would have been covered in the D answer.
  7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    02 Jan '24 15:09
    @kellyjay said
    A. Atheism
    B. Theism
    C. Poloytheism
    D

Science is about how the natural world works.

It is entirely possible to be a, b or c and still be a good scientist. The theistic stance is not relevant.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '24 15:19
    @kellyjay said
    A. Atheism
    B. Theism
    C. Poloytheism
    Instead of your limited list, why not simply ask “how is science best supported?”

The replies would probably orient around:
    - Funding and accountability
    - Sound scientific processes
    - Testing and peer reviews
  9. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    02 Jan '24 18:42
    @kellyjay said
    Simple question yet untouched even all the extra choices would have been included in the D answer but I suppose the need to disagree with me is so strong they feel the need to respond instead of ignoring a post they don’t care about. Yet they have to avoid any possible agreement with me of they can not use the choices offered. So they add several choices all of which again would have been covered in the D answer.
    Where are going with this thread? What is that which Science is in need of support?

If you point out the need, perhaps a better list can be drafted with better choices in regards to the need.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Jan '24 19:52
    @pettytalk said
    Where are going with this thread? What is that which Science is in need of support?

If you point out the need, perhaps a better list can be drafted with better choices in regards to the need.
    It is a free board so that anyone can ask or say anything, anyone can word their own posts anyway they like. Not trying to be rude but having self appointed hall monitors for my posts seems a bit over the top. Especially from ones who think a discussion is over after they state what they believe is true, then refusing to go over the details, so spout what they think, throw in an insult, and call it a day.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Jan '24 19:54
    @kellyjay said
    A. Atheism
    B. Theism
    C. Poloytheism
    E. Truth
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Jan '24 20:03
    @suzianne said
    E. Truth
    Science is a means to discover truth if we had that there would be no need for science, we would know, it would not even be faith.
  13. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    02 Jan '24 22:20
    @kellyjay said
    I don't know quite how you conclude that people are disagreeing with you, since you have thus far offered no opinion yourself on the subject. Your item 'C' refers, I'm not sure what 'Poloytheism' is, perhaps the worship of mints with holes in? If you mean Polytheism, the worshiping of parrots I've never seen the point of, either.
  14. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    02 Jan '24 22:273 edits
    @indonesia-phil said
    I don't know quite how you conclude that people are disagreeing with you, since you have thus far offered no opinion yourself on the subject. Your item 'C' refers, I'm not sure what 'Poloytheism' is, perhaps the worship of mints with holes in? If you mean Polytheism, the worshiping of parrots I've never seen the point of, either.
    I think the worship of parrots should be spelled "Pollytheism". Whereas "Poloytheism" would be the worship of games similar to that played on horseback with a long-handled mallet and once favoured by a certain monarch, Charles by name, before he became a monarch.

😀
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '24 22:55
    @kellyjay said
    Simple question yet untouched even all the extra choices would have been included in the D answer

Surely it's beneficial to the discussion to have fleshed out what is "covered by D", unless you have a certain motive to restrict the scope of the discussion?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree