Satanism

Satanism

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
01 Mar 17
1 edit

Originally posted by leunammi
If I believed that you did care or were interested in what people actually believe instead of the way you behave [hidden]in a troll like manner[/hidden], I may be inclined to respond to your questions a third time with the same answer. Sorry just being honest, its from what I observe.

I will say this, the key word is 'root'.
"The same root"? "To involve yourself, dabble, etc.with satanism means to follow a liar and to self-deceive oneself, for power that you will never have"? Oh dear. You were so preoccupied with composing your little missive about machine guns, beehives and people not breathing, you have apparently got the wrong end of the stick. Anton LaVey's book - from which the OP drew - has nothing to do with "Satan" or "Satanism" or "dabbling" in anything or "following a liar", despite the book's cock-the-snook title. You and MarshallPrice have been chumped by a decades old publicity stunt.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
01 Mar 17

Originally posted by MarshallPrice
Satan is a character in a book. But Satan is, to some people, something totally different. Since I made this thread about Satanism, I'll use Theistic Satanism as an example. The interpretations of Satan in various branches range from a literal personified being that doesn't even most of the time resemble the Christian Devil to an abstract force in the ...[text shortened]... hink a thread on religion belongs in the spirituality forum, then I don't know what to tell you.
Is there a non-religious philosophy or set of life rules like satanism but without the supernatural BS? The only thing I saw buggy about Satanism was the bit about using magic and such.

l

Moves
01 Mar 17

Originally posted by FMF
"The same root"? "To involve yourself, dabble, etc.with satanism means to follow a liar and to self-deceive oneself, for power that you will never have"? Oh dear. You were so preoccupied with composing your little missive about machine guns, beehives and people not breathing, you have apparently got the wrong end of the stick. Anton LaVey's book - from which the ...[text shortened]... cock-the-snook title. You and MarshallPrice have been chumped by a decades old publicity stunt.
Oh dear. πŸ™„

F

Moves
01 Mar 17

Originally posted by leunammi
Oh dear. πŸ™„
Yep. You got chumped. People "following a liar"? Yes, oh dear, indeed. πŸ˜›

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
01 Mar 17

Originally posted by divegeester
Does you keeping it "at your computer desk" signify a special place it occupies in your life and your need to refer to it on an hour by hour basis, or just that you spend too much time at your computer desk?
No and No.
I also have volumes on henge monuments, Egyptian Book of the Dead, Dead Sea Scrolls, mythology and Shakmaty Bulletin 1961 (the entire year). πŸ˜‰

w

Moves
01 Mar 17
1 edit

Here are The Nine Satanic Statements, what Satan means to LaVeyan Satanists.

1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence.

2.Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams.

3.Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit.

4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it, instead of lo ...[text shortened]... has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as he has kept it in business all these years
Can you turn FMF into a toad?

Also, is there any distinction between a Satanist and a Progressive?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 Mar 17

Originally posted by caissad4
No and No.
I also have volumes on henge monuments, Egyptian Book of the Dead, Dead Sea Scrolls, mythology and Shakmaty Bulletin 1961 (the entire year). πŸ˜‰
Your computer desk is very crowded.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Mar 17

Haven't been following this thread by hope you guyals realize Satanism is not about worshipping "Satan" ( like a juxtaposed idea to following Jesus)

It's about self empowerment and finding the "Magic" within you.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Mar 17

Originally posted by divegeester
Your computer desk is very crowded.
What kind of comment is this?

Is it like "you are over 60 so you must have some grey hairs" ? Or is it tongue in cheek, negative or positive?

P

Moves
02 Mar 17

I'm not a Satanist, but a close friend of mine is. We were talking about religion today and he gave me a copy of LaVey's Satanic Bible. I've been thumbing through it and found some of the core messages rather interesting. Below will be The Eleven Satanic Rules of The Earth and The Nine Satanic Sins copied from The Church of Satan's official website.
...[text shortened]... ought I might as well put some information out there for the people who may find it interesting.
Of the 11 Satanic rules, i had to laugh at #'s 4 and 11 - destroy them LOL

P

Moves
02 Mar 17

According to The Satanic Bible, these are the rules you must live by and sins you must avoid in order to be a LaVeyan Satanist. There are other branches and denominations of Atheistic Satanism, but this was arguably the first one, as it was formed in 1966. It uses Satan as a symbol of rebellion and individualism as opposed to strict worship of the Chri ...[text shortened]... vil.

To answer your question, not exclusively, but it is an aspect of the Satanic philosophy.
I've worked a number of years working with those involved with or wanting to leave Occult practices. I have to believe, after reading this, that the groups i deal with follow a much darker pattern. Worshiping the Devil, as a being, and seeking power from him. Much of the practices i've fought against has to do with children.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
02 Mar 17

Originally posted by wolfgang59
No more, no less stupid than any set of arbitrary religious rules.
Less stupid if there is more onus on individualism,imo

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
02 Mar 17

Originally posted by FMF
Are you hoping that "Satanists" are going to come forward on this thread to tell you who "Satan" is for them?
I think we're all hoping,right?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
02 Mar 17
1 edit

Originally posted by caissad4
No and No.
I find the "study" of infamous characters at times more revealing than the "saintly" types.
Human nature pervades all, well ....humans

Example': the movie "Chopper" is one of my fave movies ever and it deals with an arguable racist,sexist and violent character

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
02 Mar 17

Originally posted by Pudgenik
I've worked a number of years working with those involved with or wanting to leave Occult practices. I have to believe, after reading this, that the groups i deal with follow a much darker pattern. Worshiping the Devil, as a being, and seeking power from him. Much of the practices i've fought against has to do with children.
There is a huge difference between groups and individuals that follow or are influenced "Satan"

This is the same for much organized religion.