Salvation

Salvation

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Nov 05
2 edits

Originally posted by The Chess Express
[b]No. I meant an actual spiritual battle.Note the following verses...

Dan 10:12-13
12 Then he said to me, "Do not fear, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart to understand, and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard; and I have come because of your words.
13 "But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withst ...[text shortened]... e are accurate or not does not change the fact that we all have to battle evil in our own lives.
[/b]I don't agree with your interpretation, but suit yourself...this is only one reference, there are many more.
The battle in the mind that you suggest is real too. But different in nature.
I believe the battle of good vs evil is held on two fronts.
One is the spiritual battle between actual spirit beings.
The other is in the mind and is between two "natures". The "old sinful nature" and the "new nature" received when one receives holy spirit.
But I am not your "teacher" and a reply is not necessary.But what I am saying is in the bible, but of course, you may interpret as you will.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Nov 05

Originally posted by vistesd
[b]I would argue that as soon as a child develops a sense of empathy they pretty much come to the “level of consciousness where they judge between good/bad, pleasant/unpleasant, bondage/liberty”. This of coarse enters the realm of morals.

I need to think about that; I don’t know enough about developmental psychology. I would think that the “age of e ...[text shortened]... hrough the lens of the NT” or not.[/b]

Yes, agreed—but CB has said that is not what he meant.[/b]
Yes, vistesd, please dumb your language down so people who say they have an intimate knowledge of what God wants can understand your posts.

b

Moves
14 Nov 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
That didn't answer my question. You said God "went off"; my question is "where did he go off to"? Can you answer that question without quoting every single sentence in Genesis?
HE went off to be by HIMSELF is that simple enough.

b

Moves
14 Nov 05

You reject all the passages that I've given you in the past.

If you insist, I'll use them again, but I would rather you just go back and check previous posts.
So you say

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Nov 05

Originally posted by blindfaith101
HE went off to be by HIMSELF is that simple enough.
Simple, yes. Does it make any sense that an all-knowing, omnipresent God can ever be "by Himself"? No. Please explain.

b

Moves
14 Nov 05

Simple, yes. Does it make any sense that an all-knowing, omnipresent God can ever be "by Himself"? No. Please explain.
Once I get to heaven I'll ask Him. Then I'll yell the answer to all on the other side in eternal punishment.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Nov 05

Once I get to heaven I'll ask Him. Then I'll yell the answer to all on the other side in eternal punishment.
In other words, no one in your cult has told you what to think about such a logical inconsistency and you are unable to figure out a logical answer on your own. Thanks for playing.

l

Moves
14 Nov 05

That sounds a little cocky. Isn't pride one of the 7 deadly sins? Careful... or you may end up down there with those filthy sinners.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
14 Nov 05

Originally posted by checkbaiter
I don't agree with your interpretation, but suit yourself...this is only one reference, there are many more.
The other is in the mind and is between tw ...[text shortened]... ot necessary.But what I am saying is in the bible, but of course, you may interpret as you will.[/b]
I don't agree with your interpretation, but suit yourself...this is only one reference, there are many more.

Perhaps you could give some more references.

Our mind often gets us into trouble. I was referring more to the battle in our hearts.

The other is in the mind and is between two "natures". The "old sinful nature" and the "new nature" received when one receives holy spirit.

You may be right about this. Nevertheless, it is the battle in our hearts that concerns us. I have a feeling God can take care of the rest. 😉

TCE

Colorado

Moves
14 Nov 05
1 edit

Originally posted by vistesd
[b]I would argue that as soon as a child develops a sense of empathy they pretty much come to the “level of consciousness where they judge between good/bad, pleasant/unpleasant, bondage/liberty”. This of coarse enters the realm of morals.

I need to think about that; I don’t know enough about developmental psychology. I would think that the “age of e ...[text shortened]... hrough the lens of the NT” or not.[/b]

Yes, agreed—but CB has said that is not what he meant.[/b]
I need to think about that; I don’t know enough about developmental psychology. I would think that the “age of empathy” would come before “the age of reason.”

It is reason that tells an infant that there is food in the bottle. It is empathy that tells a child that it is not ok to take the food away from another child.

I’m not an expert either, but I would say that babies can probably reason before they develop their empathy. Reason seems to be more primitive/instinctive.

Basically, I just meant, whenever we come to know—or perhaps realize that we know—the difference between moral right and wrong, as opposed to, say, just obeying some recognized power or authority. When we can understand it for ourselves

How about a further distinction? The ability to know that taking food away from another child makes them unhappy vs. putting that other child’s feeling ahead of their own.

Good point. The thing is that, in rabbinical Judaism it is formally recognized that the scriptures are always open to interpretation—and new and innovative interpretations. This does not mean that there is not argument, or hermeneutical guidelines. But the differences between Christian denominations seem often to stem from disagreements where each one says: “This is what it means (and must mean).” There are different Jewish “denominations,” of course—but that seems to have a slightly different basis.

I guess I can agree with this. It has been my experience that many churches feel that they are right and the others are wrong.

Like I said, whether we admit it or not, the scriptures are open to interpretation.

Sometimes, however, “common language” only gives us the impression that we understand something thoroughly. (Perhaps I do thrive on the complications….?)

Simplicity is golden. 🙂

b

Moves
14 Nov 05

In other words, no one in your cult has told you what to think about such a logical inconsistency and you are unable to figure out a logical answer on your own. Thanks for playing.
I am using the principles that CHRIST allowed in the parable of the rich man and the begger. I am just saying that I will ask GOD the question. And those of you that have not made it to heaven, I will yell the answer from my side of eternity to yours. You wanted a Logical answer and you got it. I am going to GOD and ask HIM for the answer. That way I can not be wrong.

b

Moves
14 Nov 05

Originally posted by lioyank
That sounds a little cocky. Isn't pride one of the 7 deadly sins? Careful... or you may end up down there with those filthy sinners.
There is no pride in fact, I am going to GOD and ask HIM, for the answer. Suggest you do the same.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Nov 05

I am using the principles that CHRIST allowed in the parable of the rich man and the begger. I am just saying that I will ask GOD the question. And those of you that have not made it to heaven, I will yell the answer from my side of eternity to yours. You wanted a Logical answer and you got it. I am going to GOD and ask HIM for the answer. That way I can not be wrong.
Why wait? Go ask God now. Since you seem to KNOW that Jesus is going to allow you into Heaven, you must have inside knowledge of all God's doings.

BTW, you do know what a "parable" is, don't you? Do you really think that Jesus was saying that the souls in Heaven will literally be able to yell down at the souls in Hell?

And I'll ask God after we're all dead isn't a logical answer; I know I never got away with such an answer in high school.

l

Moves
14 Nov 05

There is no pride in fact, I am going to GOD and ask HIM, for the answer. Suggest you do the same.
What if God gives me a different answer? Does that mean that my answer is wrong?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Nov 05
1 edit

[b]I don't agree with your interpretation, but suit yourself...this is only one reference, there are many more.

Perhaps you could give some more references.

Our mind often gets us into trouble. I was referring more to the battle in our hearts.

...[text shortened]... is the battle in our hearts that concerns us. I have a feeling God can take care of the rest. 😉
[/b]The problem here is the "heart" cannot think. Biblically, the heart is the "seat of the personal life" which is in the mind.(nous) It's the real you, so to speak. It is where major decisions are made.
Which heart are you referring to?