Royal Australian Commission ~ reprise

Royal Australian Commission ~ reprise

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
47d

@rajk999 said
Yes, indeed. If they know they get drunk then those are the ones who should stop drinking, or reduce it. Its like food, the bible condemns gluttony. So a man prone to overeating should exercise control over his appetite.
We all know what happened to Noah.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
47d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Jesus almost certainly drank wine. Indeed, there is only one group of people who are explicitly told in the Bible to never drink wine/alcohol, and they were the Nazirites.

I don't think Dive is a Nazirite.
Not only did Jesus drink wine he encouraged people to drink wine at the wedding. These people had already finished off all the wine in the wedding house. So when Jesus made the wine these people were already very intoxicated.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
47d

@rajk999 said
Yes, indeed. If they know they get drunk then those are the ones who should stop drinking, or reduce it. Its like food, the bible condemns gluttony. So a man prone to overeating should exercise control over his appetite.
Did you see the 2020 EURO Rant by the way? Just wondering! ๐Ÿ™‚

-VR

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
47d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Well... poor guy. He just saved the world, planted a vineyard, made a bunch of nice fresh wine and was having a good time. I think he had a good excuse.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
47d

@rajk999 said
Not only did Jesus drink wine he encouraged people to drink wine at the wedding. These people had already finished off all the wine in the wedding house. So when Jesus made the wine these people were already very intoxicated.
I don't know that I believe everything that is in the good book as it has changed over the years to suit the times. There is one book that has never changed not even a word. Can you tell me what book it is?

-VR

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
47d

@very-rusty said
Did you see the 2020 EURO Rant by the way? Just wondering! ๐Ÿ™‚

-VR
Nope .. I mostly frequent Debates and Spirituality. The General Forum is too Facebookish.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
47d

@very-rusty said
I don't know that I believe everything that is in the good book as it has changed over the years to suit the times. There is one book that has never changed not even a word. Can you tell me what book it is?

-VR
My elementary school times tables book ?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
47d

@very-rusty said

-VR
The Argos catalogue?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
47d

@rajk999 said
My elementary school times tables book ?
You are obviously not as well informed as I assumed you might be.

The Holy Koran has all the original words in it. Yes it is Muslim.

What are the 7 things Muslims believe in?
These basic beliefs shape the Islamic way of life.
1 Belief in the Oneness of God. ...
2 Belief in the Angels of God. ...
3 Belief in the Revelations (Books) of God. ...
4 Belief in the Prophets of God. ...
5 Belief in the Day of Judgment. ...
6 Belief in Premeasurement (Qadar) ...
7 Belief in Resurrection after Death.

They claim it to be the original book and not a word has been changed over time.

-VR

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
47d

@very-rusty said
You are obviously not as well informed as I assumed you might be.

The Holy Koran has all the original words in it. Yes it is Muslim.

What are the 7 things Muslims believe in?
These basic beliefs shape the Islamic way of life.
1 Belief in the Oneness of God. ...
2 Belief in the Angels of God. ...
3 Belief in the Revelations (Books) of God. ...
4 Belief in the Pro ...[text shortened]... er Death.

They claim it to be the original book and not a word has been changed over time.

-VR
Ok you changing the topic to Ialam ? Here are 7 more things they beleive in. Maybe they should change and remove these from the Quran :

1. Blasphemy law. Even in the 21st century blasphemy law exist in many Islamic countries. Under blasphemy law, anyone can be charged and punished with death for criticizing islam, which falls under violation of human rights. We live in the 21st century, killing someone because he or she disagrees with your religion is all about installing fear and insecurity.

2. Child marriages. A lot of child marriages happens in Islamic countries, where girls are getting married after they had their first period. As far as biology goes, a girl between the age of 8 and 15 have their first period and these age falls under the “underage category”. A child marriage is a violation of human rights, since child marriages often leads to teen pregnancy and end of future education. Teen pregnancy leads to multiple complications before and after delivery.

3. Forced conversion. Majority of forced conversion happens in Islamic countries, where minorities are forcibly converted to islam under threats or abduction of minor girls and forced to convert to islam and made to marry their captors. Even in non Islamic countries, forced conversion to islam takes place in large numbers. Forced conversion falls under human rights violation.

4. Honor killing. Honor killing is staggering high in Islamic countries and many of the victims are blood relatives of the accused and many times honor killing is seen as safe guarding the families reputation. There is no honor in honor killing.

5. Intolerance. The main and foremost reason islam receive the most criticism, ignoring other part of islam is the intolerant behavior of muslims towards non muslims and the host country they resides in. That's a global problem muslims and islam are highly criticized for. Before anyone is accepted inside any country, they are always expected to follow the rules of the country and be more accepting of the native culture and adapt to it. Its completely different with islam, muslims who have migrated to the USA has created intolerance towards other religion.

In the UK, muslims are criticized for their infamous grooming gangs, where thousands of white girls were preyed upon and sexually abused, many of which are school girls. In France, muslims are criticized for not following the hijab law and also for the beheading of a school teacher. In Sweden, majority of rapes and crimes are committed by muslim refugees.

6. Terrorist attacks. Islam is criticized worldwide, for having the highest number of terrorist attacks in the name of God.

7. Forced hijab law. Forced hijab law is a violation of human rights and there are high numbers of death of women who refuse to wear hijab, either murdered by the family, spouse, police or the laws jailing women for failing to follow the mandatory hijab rules.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
47d
1 edit

@rajk999 said
Ok you changing the topic to Ialam ? Here are 7 more things they beleive in. Maybe they should change and remove these from the Quran :

1. Blasphemy law. Even in the 21st century blasphemy law exist in many Islamic countries. Under blasphemy law, anyone can be charged and punished with death for criticizing islam, which falls under violation of human rights. ...[text shortened]... mily, spouse, police or the laws jailing women for failing to follow the mandatory hijab rules.
I didn't write it, or did I say believed in it.

All I was saying is that it is the only Holy Book that has not had a word changed in it.

Perhaps that is why the bible has been changed so many times to keep up with the time it is in. Not back centuries ago.

I don't have the answers I am just telling you the book which has never been changed over time, you didn't know by the way was the Kuran.

BTW: You missed one of the best Rants in the 2020 EURO thread that was not facebook rant either I can assure you. ๐Ÿ™‚ Facebook would have removed much of it as was done!

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
47d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
950 years
At the age of 950 years, Noah, who shepherded God's creatures through the Flood, died. He left behind three sons, from whom the human race descended, according to the Bible. Dec 16, 2023

Granted we don't know how time was counted for sure do we? ๐Ÿ™‚

-VR

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
47d

@divegeester said
Galveston75…

How do you reconcile your elitist beliefs about the Watchtower organisation with the report from Australia which concluded that JW leaders covered up child sex abuse within the local church?
Galveston75?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
47d
2 edits

@divegeester said
Galveston75…

How do you reconcile your elitist beliefs about the Watchtower organisation with the report from Australia which concluded that JW leaders covered up child sex abuse within the local church?
The Roman Catholic Church had the same issues with the Priests abusing children, not to mention nuns doing the same thing. I am sure you Christians are NOT free from those sins yourselves, and I am not talking about YOU personally I am talking about Christians in general.

Having said that we can't judge the whole Religion by a few bad people in it.

-VR

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
46d

@divegeester said
Galveston75…

Galveston75?