1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Mar '24 15:131 edit
    Galveston75…

How do you reconcile your elitist beliefs about the Watchtower organisation with the report from Australia which concluded that JW leaders covered up child sex abuse within the local church?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Mar '24 16:41
    @divegeester said
    Galveston75…

How do you reconcile your elitist beliefs about the Watchtower organisation with the report from Australia which concluded that JW leaders covered up child sex abuse within the local church?
    I remember this story. One of the things that came out of this is that there was a group of JWs who broke away from the WatchTower Organisation calling themselves "Jehovah's True Witnesses". Not sure what became of them though.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 Mar '24 20:06
    @divegeester said
    Galveston75…

Are you not a JW yourself?

-VR
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Mar '24 21:041 edit
    @very-rusty said
    Are you not a JW yourself?

-VR
    Dive isn't a JW.

Maybe you're mixing up with Robbie.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 Mar '24 21:08
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Dive isn't a JW.
    Perhaps an atheist? 🙂 I don't see a lot of different between them. Now you are going to tell me you're an atheist too?

-VR
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Mar '24 21:09
    @very-rusty said
    Perhaps an atheist? 🙂 I don't see a lot of different between them. Now you are going to tell me you're an atheist too?

-VR
    Yes sir. I am an atheist.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 Mar '24 21:091 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Dive isn't a JW.

Maybe you're mixing up with Robbie.
    You are correct! I don't follow closely enough.

Trying to learn a little more about our Royal game of Chess. 🙂

-VR
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 Mar '24 21:10
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Yes sir. I am an atheist.
    Well something you and gooster have in common! 🙂

-VR
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Mar '24 21:13
    @very-rusty said
    Well something you and gooster have in common! 🙂

-VR
    Dive is a Christian.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 Mar '24 21:162 edits
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Dive is a Christian.
    Go away, and he drinks like a fish! My better half is or I should say was a Christian and no Drinking or Smoking. I was brought up Roman Catholic myself, but have since found they are for the most part hypocrites. Not to say that there aren't good ones. Have to be a few when we have over 1 Billion of them. 🙂 I do say my prayers how ever, and pray for others who are in need. I say the rosary for gooster every so often. 🙂

-VR
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Mar '24 21:20
    @very-rusty said
    Go away, and he drinks like a fish! My better half is or I should say was a Christian and no Drinking or Smoking. I was brought up Roma Catholic myself, but have since found they are for the most part hypocrites. Not to say that there aren't good ones. Have to be few when we have over 1 Billion of them. 🙂

-VR
    Not drinking is a personal choice. It is not a sin and it is not condemned in the bible. The bible condemns drunkenness. People can drink without being a drunk. In fact the bible recommends drinking alcohol.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Mar '24 21:21
    @very-rusty said
    Go away, and he drinks like a fish! My better half is or I should say was a Christian and no Drinking or Smoking. I was brought up Roma Catholic myself, but have since found they are for the most part hypocrites. Not to say that there aren't good ones. Have to be few when we have over 1 Billion of them. 🙂

-VR
    Jesus almost certainly drank wine. Indeed, there is only one group of people who are explicitly told in the Bible to never drink wine/alcohol, and they were the Nazirites.

I don't think Dive is a Nazirite.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 Mar '24 21:26
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Jesus almost certainly drank wine. Indeed, there is only one group of people who are explicitly told in the Bible to never drink wine/alcohol, and they were the Nazirites.

I don't think Dive is a Nazirite.
    You must have missed gooster's 2020 EURO Rant where he claimed to be drunk, just a little slip up was it? 🙂

-VR
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 Mar '24 21:26
    @rajk999 said
    Not drinking is a personal choice. It is not a sin and it is not condemned in the bible. The bible condemns drunkenness. People can drink without being a drunk. In fact the bible recommends drinking alcohol.
    They can drink without getting drunk but there are many who do get drunk.

-VR
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Mar '24 21:31
    @very-rusty said
    They can drink without getting drunk but there are many who do get drunk.

-VR
    Yes, indeed. If they know they get drunk then those are the ones who should stop drinking, or reduce it. Its like food, the bible condemns gluttony. So a man prone to overeating should exercise control over his appetite.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree