Research shows brain atrophy in born again's:

Research shows brain atrophy in born again's:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
26 Dec 11

http://www.philly.com/philly/health/topics/HealthDay653161_20111102_Being__Born-Again__Linked_to_More_Brain_Atrophy__Study.html

rc

Moves
26 Dec 11

read all about it, religion blamed for global warming, read all about it, footballers wife
breaks a nail, cancels holiday, read all about it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Dec 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
read all about it, religion blamed for global warming, read all about it, footballers wife
breaks a nail, cancels holiday, read all about it.
If you are a member of a religion and one of your members does something
wrong, the the religion is to blame. If atheist does something wrong, then
only the individual is to blame. This is a very common attitude among the
atheists. Get used to it.

rc

Moves
26 Dec 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
If you are a member of a religion and one of your members does something
wrong, the the religion is to blame. If atheist does something wrong, then
only the individual is to blame. This is a very common attitude among the
atheists. Get used to it.
you got to admit but, born again Christians are pretty mental.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Dec 11

They have been enlightened by another intelligence, the Holy Spirit.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
26 Dec 11

Originally posted by sonhouse
http://www.philly.com/philly/health/topics/HealthDay653161_20111102_Being__Born-Again__Linked_to_More_Brain_Atrophy__Study.html
Can you provide the link to the actual published study rather than an unqualified synopsis from some randon website.

rc

Moves
26 Dec 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
They have been enlightened by another intelligence, the Holy Spirit.
that's why they are so mental? i dont think so, writhing around on church floors, dont
know what they are filled with, but its not Holt Spirit, that's for sure.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
26 Dec 11

that's why they are so mental? i dont think so, writhing around on church floors, dont
know what they are filled with, but its not Holt Spirit, that's for sure.
Not always Rob.
Years ago I visited a church while driving cross country. Right away I knew this place was different. EVERYONE was speaking in tongues. The whole service was conducted in tongues including the sermon. Occasionally I would ask someone near me what was said. Often they would interpret for me. it was a moving experience to say the least.
One of these days I want to go back to Las Asambleas de Dios.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
26 Dec 11
1 edit

John 3:1-10

1 Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council.
2 He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.”
3 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.”
4 “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!”
5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’
8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”
9 “How can this be?” Nicodemus asked.
10 “You are Israel’s teacher,” said Jesus, “and do you not understand these things?

There is a saying that goes - "God is not mocked". You may have heard of it Nicodemus carrobie

rc

Moves
27 Dec 11
2 edits

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
Not always Rob.
Years ago I visited a church while driving cross country. Right away I knew this place was different. EVERYONE was speaking in tongues. The whole service was conducted in tongues including the sermon. Occasionally I would ask someone near me what was said. Often they would interpret for me. it was a moving experience to say the least.
One of these days I want to go back to Las Asambleas de Dios.
mmm, there is one glaring and fatal flaw to your statement, when the first century
christians spoke in tongues, they spoke specific languages, not some gobbledygook
consisting of a white noise, you might want to look at the account in the book of
acts, if you dont believe me.

w

Moves
27 Dec 11

Your tellin me!!

I knew this guy who came around our church. He wore a "camels hair" garment that was secured with a leather belt. His diet was mainly locusts and wild honey. He did not socialize much with people and was seen running around telling people to repent that the kingdom of God was at hand. In fact, some said he must have a demon.

But then I awoke and realized I was dreaming about John the Baptist again. 😛

rc

Moves
27 Dec 11

Originally posted by whodey
Your tellin me!!

I knew this guy who came around our church. He wore a "camels hair" garment that was secured with a leather belt. His diet was mainly locusts and wild honey. He did not socialize much with people and was seen running around telling people to repent that the kingdom of God was at hand. In fact, some said he must have a demon.

But then I awoke and realized I was dreaming about John the Baptist again. 😛
maybe it was a dissident Republican looking for the tea party headquarters.

w

Moves
27 Dec 11

religion blamed for global warming, [/b]
I knew it!! 😠

I guess it all makes sense now. They breed like rabbits because many don't believe in contraception and abortion and think life is "sacred" which contributes to more carbon footprints here on earth. They like to travel around the world in missions trying to spread the "good news", in carbon burning planes and cars. I even heard that the vast majority of those who are religious even enjoy eating beans.......and we all know the what the "end" result is with this bit of news.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
27 Dec 11
2 edits

mmm, there is one glaring and fatal flaw to your statement, when the first century
christians spoke in tongues, they spoke specific languages, not some gobbledygook
consisting of a white noise, you might want to look at the account in the book of
acts, if you dont believe me.
It is not a good idea to interpret 'manifestations' of which you are not in agreement with, as evidence against the scripture about being born again. Being born again has absolutely nothing to do with with rolling on the floor, speaking in tongues or whatever else you can find on youtube.

To be a member of God's family you HAVE to be born into it. It's not a difficult concept: God is spirit we are flesh and we are spiritually dead. Spiritual rebirth is required and is what Jesus was talking about when he said you MUST be born again.

Australian cat

Australia

Moves
27 Dec 11

Originally posted by divegeester
Can you provide the link to the actual published study rather than an unqualified synopsis from some randon website.
Here's the original study:
http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0017006