1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Dec '11 16:45
    http://www.philly.com/philly/health/topics/HealthDay653161_20111102_Being__Born-Again__Linked_to_More_Brain_Atrophy__Study.html
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Dec '11 16:50
    read all about it, religion blamed for global warming, read all about it, footballers wife
    breaks a nail, cancels holiday, read all about it.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Dec '11 16:57
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    read all about it, religion blamed for global warming, read all about it, footballers wife
    breaks a nail, cancels holiday, read all about it.
    If you are a member of a religion and one of your members does something
    wrong, the the religion is to blame. If atheist does something wrong, then
    only the individual is to blame. This is a very common attitude among the
    atheists. Get used to it.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Dec '11 17:04
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    If you are a member of a religion and one of your members does something
    wrong, the the religion is to blame. If atheist does something wrong, then
    only the individual is to blame. This is a very common attitude among the
    atheists. Get used to it.
    you got to admit but, born again Christians are pretty mental.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Dec '11 17:16
    They have been enlightened by another intelligence, the Holy Spirit.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Dec '11 17:53
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://www.philly.com/philly/health/topics/HealthDay653161_20111102_Being__Born-Again__Linked_to_More_Brain_Atrophy__Study.html
    Can you provide the link to the actual published study rather than an unqualified synopsis from some randon website.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Dec '11 17:58
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    They have been enlightened by another intelligence, the Holy Spirit.
    that's why they are so mental? i dont think so, writhing around on church floors, dont
    know what they are filled with, but its not Holt Spirit, that's for sure.
  8. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    26 Dec '11 18:19
    that's why they are so mental? i dont think so, writhing around on church floors, dont
    know what they are filled with, but its not Holt Spirit, that's for sure.
    Not always Rob.
    Years ago I visited a church while driving cross country. Right away I knew this place was different. EVERYONE was speaking in tongues. The whole service was conducted in tongues including the sermon. Occasionally I would ask someone near me what was said. Often they would interpret for me. it was a moving experience to say the least.
    One of these days I want to go back to Las Asambleas de Dios.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Dec '11 22:501 edit
    John 3:1-10

1 Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council.
    2 He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.”
    3 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.”
    4 “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!”
    5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’
    8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”
    9 “How can this be?” Nicodemus asked.
    10 “You are Israel’s teacher,” said Jesus, “and do you not understand these things?

There is a saying that goes - "God is not mocked". You may have heard of it Nicodemus carrobie
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Dec '11 00:082 edits
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Not always Rob.
    Years ago I visited a church while driving cross country. Right away I knew this place was different. EVERYONE was speaking in tongues. The whole service was conducted in tongues including the sermon. Occasionally I would ask someone near me what was said. Often they would interpret for me. it was a moving experience to say the least.
    One of these days I want to go back to Las Asambleas de Dios.
    mmm, there is one glaring and fatal flaw to your statement, when the first century
    christians spoke in tongues, they spoke specific languages, not some gobbledygook
    consisting of a white noise, you might want to look at the account in the book of
    acts, if you dont believe me.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Dec '11 00:08
    Your tellin me!!

I knew this guy who came around our church. He wore a "camels hair" garment that was secured with a leather belt. His diet was mainly locusts and wild honey. He did not socialize much with people and was seen running around telling people to repent that the kingdom of God was at hand. In fact, some said he must have a demon.

But then I awoke and realized I was dreaming about John the Baptist again. 😛
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Dec '11 00:10
    Originally posted by whodey
    Your tellin me!!

I knew this guy who came around our church. He wore a "camels hair" garment that was secured with a leather belt. His diet was mainly locusts and wild honey. He did not socialize much with people and was seen running around telling people to repent that the kingdom of God was at hand. In fact, some said he must have a demon.

But then I awoke and realized I was dreaming about John the Baptist again. 😛
    maybe it was a dissident Republican looking for the tea party headquarters.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Dec '11 00:13
    religion blamed for global warming, [/b]
    I knew it!! 😠

I guess it all makes sense now. They breed like rabbits because many don't believe in contraception and abortion and think life is "sacred" which contributes to more carbon footprints here on earth. They like to travel around the world in missions trying to spread the "good news", in carbon burning planes and cars. I even heard that the vast majority of those who are religious even enjoy eating beans.......and we all know the what the "end" result is with this bit of news.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Dec '11 00:212 edits
    mmm, there is one glaring and fatal flaw to your statement, when the first century
    christians spoke in tongues, they spoke specific languages, not some gobbledygook
    consisting of a white noise, you might want to look at the account in the book of
    acts, if you dont believe me.
    It is not a good idea to interpret 'manifestations' of which you are not in agreement with, as evidence against the scripture about being born again. Being born again has absolutely nothing to do with with rolling on the floor, speaking in tongues or whatever else you can find on youtube.

To be a member of God's family you HAVE to be born into it. It's not a difficult concept: God is spirit we are flesh and we are spiritually dead. Spiritual rebirth is required and is what Jesus was talking about when he said you MUST be born again.
  15. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    27 Dec '11 00:53
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Can you provide the link to the actual published study rather than an unqualified synopsis from some randon website.
    Here's the original study:
    http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0017006

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree