Religion in Schools

Religion in Schools

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e

Moves
14 Sep 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
Sorry, not "Christian" enough for Lucifershammer and RBHILL. Of course, Lucifershammer being a Roman Catholic isn't a "Christian" either according to RBHILL.
I don't have a dispute with Lucifershammer and RBHILL, actually. They have provided a working definition of Christianity, and I agree that the Latter-day Saints have beliefs that vary a bit from that definition. Especially that those who reach the innermost ring of heaven will have their own kingdom to rule over...

My personal belief is that we need a new word....since Christianity means following the teaching of Christ, and all of the faiths in question believe they are doing so, it seems that we need a way to divide them into categories. For example, the various churches that have branched off from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, started by the Prophet Joseph Smith, all share some basic beliefs that they do not share with many (if any) other religious doctrines. However, they are not the same religion (though often confused to be so, since they are so notably different from what many are used to, and yet similar amongst themselves).

h

Cosmos

Moves
14 Sep 05

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
14 Sep 05

Originally posted by howardgee
I have a word which gives a working definition of ALL religions:

"BULLSHIT"
You are right, Religion gets you nowhere but a relationship with Christ does.

Instead of trying to be a religious person, accept Christ and be a spiritual person.

h

Cosmos

Moves
14 Sep 05

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Sep 05

Originally posted by RBHILL

Instead of trying to be a religious person, accept Christ and be a spiritual person.
You mean an ignorant bigot like you??

K
Strawman

Not Kansas

Moves
14 Sep 05
1 edit

What hand do you use to wield your pen?

R

California

Moves
14 Sep 05

You mean an ignorant bigot like you??
I am not a religious person, I just have a personal relationship with God, made avalable through Jesus Christ.

The only people who are ignorant are people who reject Christ/God.
Christ called these people hypocrates.

h

Cosmos

Moves
14 Sep 05

I am not a religious person, I just have a personal relationship with God, made avalable through Jesus Christ.

The only people who are ignorant are people who reject Christ/God.
Christ called these people hypocrates.
Why, had they taken the hippocratic oath?

Or was Jesus as appalling at spelling as you?

R

California

Moves
14 Sep 05

Originally posted by howardgee
Why, had they taken the hippocratic oath?

Or was Jesus as appalling at spelling as you?
You can make fun of my spelling all you want, I can care less.

All I know is that I am saved and blessed and going to Heaven.

R

California

Moves
14 Sep 05

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Sep 05

You can make fun of my spelling all you want, I can care less.

All I know is that I am saved and blessed and going to Heaven.
I know that you are a contemptible moron and if the Jesus of the Bible ever met you and listened to your ignorant swill, he'd give you a swift kick in the ballsz.

R

California

Moves
14 Sep 05

I know that you are a contemptible moron and if the Jesus of the Bible ever met you and listened to your ignorant swill, he'd give you a swift kick in the ballsz.
Jesus doesn't fight, so therefore I know I am right in where I stand with God.

A

Moves
14 Sep 05

Reading the initial post in this thread, the first thought that occurred to me is that evidently the school did not lack religious education as sorely as it lacked orientation in grammar, punctuation, and the crafts of writing sentences and organizing paragraphs.

The history and development of world religions and comparative mythology ought to be addressed in social studies and history classes. If we are going to get into extra-curricular studies, the school might first consider training students in the basic skills of balancing a checkbook, sewing buttons onto shirts, changing tires, and similar routines required of us by society.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Sep 05
1 edit

Jesus doesn't fight, so therefore I know I am right in where I stand with God.
You'd be on the ground sucking air if you started running your "I'll be in Heaven" crap to him; that's his call. Matthew 25. And if he can knock over a few tables of people who were selling crap in a Jewish temple, imagine what he would do to a jerk like you who has turned his message of love and brotherhood into a "I'm Saved and You're Not cuz I said so" laughingstock. Buy an ethereal cup before your die, loser.

M

Connecticut

Moves
14 Sep 05

"imagine what he would do to a jerk like you who has turned his message of love and..."

One can only imagine He would do the same thing He did for the thief.