Rejoice always?

Rejoice always?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
27 Mar 17
1 edit

How could Paul write this while imprisoned by the Romans waiting to be condemned to death?

Philippians 4:4

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
27 Mar 17

Originally posted by whodey
How could Paul write this while imprisoned by the Romans waiting to be condemned to death?

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to Go ...[text shortened]... God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Shame this wasn't your philosophy through the Obama years πŸ˜›

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Mar 17

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to Go ...[text shortened]... God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
It's called optimism ... easy to do if one is really in Christ and not part of this world

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Mar 17
1 edit

One either believes God, or one does not.

Why is this so weird to you?

w

Moves
27 Mar 17

Originally posted by Suzianne
One either believes God, or one does not.

Why is this so weird to you?
If you are feeling down and someone say's "Don't worry, be happy".

Do you receive that well? Should you receive that well? What if you were in Auschwitz awaiting to die?

w

Moves
27 Mar 17
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
Shame this wasn't your philosophy through the Obama years πŸ˜›
It's not a matter of celebrating your circumstances nor ignoring them. It's a matter of being able to find peace in the midst of it despite those circumstances.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
27 Mar 17
1 edit

It's not a matter of celebrating your circumstances nor ignoring them. It's a matter of being able to find peace in the midst of it despite those circumstances.
Thanks, I would always have believed that it was all about which party were in power. πŸ™„

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Mar 17
1 edit

Do you receive that well? Should you receive that well? What if you were in Auschwitz awaiting to die?
Read "The Hiding Place" a story written by someone who was there during that time. Not Auschwitz but one of the other ones.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
27 Mar 17
1 edit

It would remind me of the movie Life is Beautiful:

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
27 Mar 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
Read "The Hiding Place" a story written by someone who was there during that time. Not Auschwitz but one of the other ones.
Survival in Auschwitz by Primo Levi is also about the "experience" of being in one of those horrible places.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
27 Mar 17
1 edit

I dunno. In his own blood? or maybe with a rock?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
27 Mar 17

The wise know death is part of life. However knowing that this IS going to be your last day would be a trip

w

Moves
27 Mar 17
1 edit

Originally posted by karoly aczel
The wise know death is part of life. However knowing that this IS going to be your last day would be a trip
This is the part of the verse that sticks with me.

"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding"

There is no logical explanation for it.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
28 Mar 17

No.... no there isn't.

You know that's pretty Zen right there , don't you? πŸ™‚

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
28 Mar 17
1 edit

You may be interested in this :

I met a Christian vet(eran) of the Vietnam war (I think).

And his troop came to a monastery which they had to "take down" .
The last remaining monks, rather than flee, just sat in front of the gates of the monastery , with there legs crossed on the ground.
As the soldiers approached these last few monks set themselves on fire... just sitting there in lotus position!!!

He said they showed no fear and says one of them even smiled as he burned!!

Point of the story is that this vet was just totally transformed by this experience. He told me it had haunted his dreams for ages , but then came to make peace with himself and the world and became a very much changed person.

Again I suppose you had to be there to know if he was saying the truth or embelishing a little. It felt right to me. I'm pretty sure he shed a real tear, despite this hapeening some 40 years ago. Wow!!