Regrets

Regrets

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
08 Jun 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
When people would say things like, "You need to make mistakes to learn", even as a young kid I remember thinking that it makes much more sense to learn from the mistakes of others.
Depends on what your learning

Bad thinking , for instance, can be a solitary mistake

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jun 18

When people would say things like, "You need to make mistakes to learn", even as a young kid I remember thinking that it makes much more sense to learn from the mistakes of others.
But that hardly ever happens and is why teachers used to tell kids to look up the definition of a word in a dictionary instead of just telling them the definition.

When you do it, or something happens to you, it makes more of a lasting impact.

It’s human nature.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Jun 18

Originally posted by @fmf
It has been survivable. 😉
At 17 I applied to join the RAF as a pilot. I failed to reach the cut which was probably just as well considering what those guys do...but I was offered a place on the selection shortlist for the NCO (non commissioned officer) career path, which would be via a trade, possibly onto flight loadmaster or some such other middle level rank.

Anyway I went for the aptitude tests which lasted a day and scored 97%, an achievement which triggered a letter offering me my choice of apprenticeship; airframes, weapons, electronics, propulsion and a couple of others which I forget. Parents were delighted as you can imagine.

But oh no, I decide I don’t want to do that at all, I’m going to leave home, move 200 miles away, live in a shared bedsit and get a job in the local supermarket. The joy of being a teenager!

Regrettable? Just a bit. I’d have been out at 40 years old on a pension of 50% of salary and walked into a job as an engineer at any airline anywhere in the world.

I beat myself up for years over that one, but now several decades on I’m finally content that it’s all worked out for the best.

T

Moves
08 Jun 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
But that hardly ever happens and is why teachers used to tell kids to look up the definition of a word in a dictionary instead of just telling them the definition.

When you do it, or something happens to you, it makes more of a lasting impact.

It’s human nature.
Maybe it "hardly ever happens" with you because it's YOUR "nature".

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jun 18

Maybe it "hardly ever happens" with you because it's YOUR "nature".
No, the practice of teachers telling students to look up the definition of a word so they wouldn’t forget it was pretty common and universal and the same principle applies to whatever gibberish you were spouting.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Jun 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
At 17 I applied to join the RAF as a pilot. I failed to reach the cut which was probably just as well considering what those guys do...but I was offered a place on the selection shortlist for the NCO (non commissioned officer) career path, which would be via a trade, possibly onto flight loadmaster or some such other middle level rank.

Anyway I went ...[text shortened]... that one, but now several decades on I’m finally content that it’s all worked out for the best.
Nice one 🙂

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jun 18

Anyway I went ...[text shortened]... that one, but now several decades on I’m finally content that it’s all worked out for the best.
You’re quite the storyteller.

T

Moves
08 Jun 18
3 edits

No, the practice of teachers telling students to look up the definition of a word so they wouldn’t forget it was pretty common and universal and the same principle applies to whatever gibberish you were spouting.
Given your posting history, I believed you when said that it "hardly ever happens" with you. No sense in continuing to try to prove the point.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jun 18

Given your posting history, I believed you when you said that it "hardly ever happens" with you. No sense in continuing to try to prove the point.
It’s universal. But I hardly expect you to tell the truth.

T

Moves
08 Jun 18

It’s universal. But I hardly expect you to tell the truth.
Given your posting history, I believed you when said that it "hardly ever happens" with you. In fact, I'd believe you were you to say that it "hardly ever happens" with your own mistakes. No sense in continuing to try to prove the point.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jun 18
1 edit

A discussion topic...

What’s your biggest regrettable decision or action?

Is it “Christian” to hold onto regret?

How does one avoid regret?
The blood of Jesus Christ God's Son cleanses us from every sin.

The blood cleanses from that sin and that other sin.
The blood cleanses from the private sin and the public sin.
The blood cleanses from the visible sin and the invisible sin.
The blood cleanses us from the forgivable sin and the seemingly unforgivable sin.

The blood cleanses us from ALL sin.

" They overcame him [the accuser] because of the blood of the Lamb ..." (See Rev. 12:10)

If you don't want to hear it from Brother Lee or Brother Nee, then hear it from this good brother, whoever he or she is.

The Power of the Blood of Jesus

https://unlockingthebible.org/2016/03/power-in-the-blood-of-jesus-christ/

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jun 18

Given your posting history, I believed you when said that it "hardly ever happens" with you. In fact, I'd believe you were you to say that it "hardly ever happens" with your own mistakes. No sense in continuing to try to prove the point.
Why won’t you say if you’re an atheist?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Jun 18

Originally posted by @sonship

The blood cleanses from that sin and that other sin.
The blood cleanses from the private sin and the public sin.
The blood cleanses from the visible sin and the invisible sin.
The blood cleanses us from the forgivable sin and the seemingly unforgivable sin.

The blood cleanses us from ...[text shortened]... Blood of Jesus

https://unlockingthebible.org/2016/03/power-in-the-blood-of-jesus-christ/[/b]
You are a liar ... this

IS NOT IN THE BIBLE.

You church preachers need to stop fooling people

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jun 18

A discussion topic...

What’s your biggest regrettable decision or action?

Is it “Christian” to hold onto regret?

How does one avoid regret?
Regrets, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption
I planned each charted course
Each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this
I did it my way
Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew
But through it all, when there was doubt
I ate it up and spit it out
I faced it all and I stood tall
And did it my way
I've loved, I've laughed and cried
I've had my fill my share of losing
And now, as tears subside
I find it all so amusing
To think I did all that
And may I say - not in a shy way
Oh no, oh no, not me
I did it my way
For what is a man, what has he got
If not himself, then he has naught
To say the things he truly feels
And not the words of one who kneels
The record shows I took the blows
And did it my way
Yes, it was my way

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jun 18

Why won’t you say if you’re an atheist?
Honestly, I think he knows that there is God.

His battle is with God become a man in the Messiah, the Lord Jesus Christ.

His frequent appeal to the "counter missionary" articles of JewsForJudiasm suggest to me that he may be Jewish and really wrestling with the revelation of the Son of God.

Mercy, is needed. Mercy from God.