Reduction of Ego

Reduction of Ego

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
07 Sep 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
You cannot correctly recognise anyone's notions of justice and morality as coherent or incoherent if there were no universally correct standard of a coherence to judge them by.
It's odd then that you have pointedly been unable to demonstrate that there is such a thing as a "universally correct standard of a coherence to judge people by".

F

Moves
07 Sep 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
Tell me, do you believe God revealed Himself to Muhammed through Gabriel?
No, of course not. Why would I believe that? Do you?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Sep 16

Originally posted by FMF
No, of course not. Why would I believe that? Do you?
Why would you believe that?

Well, mainly because Muslims also believe that God has not revealed Himself to anyone, especially Christians.

They do, however, believe that God revealed an aspect of Himself, His 'speech', the Quran, to Muhammed, but only through Gabriel. I was wondering if your exposition of your belief wasn't some 'nit-picky' thing like this, i.e. "well, I didn't say that, did I?"

I will ask you, flat out, just so that all can see it on record: Are you a Muslim? Converted or otherwise?

I imagine you'll say no, but that may or may not be the truth. You've always claimed that "no one can believe something they do not already believe" (this may be a paraphrase). This would infer that you are not a convert. (And not to mention that you claim to once be a Christian, but no longer are, showing that one can indeed believe something they did not already believe.) Your disdain of all things Christian also follows. The mistrust of Christians by Muslims is nearly as widespread as Christians' mistrust of Muslims. Misunderstanding is rampant on both sides.

F

Moves
07 Sep 16

I will ask you, flat out, just so that all can see it on record: Are you a Muslim? Converted or otherwise?

I imagine you'll say no, but that may or may not be the truth.
No, I'm not a Muslim.

Moves
07 Sep 16

Why would you believe that?

Well, mainly because Muslims also believe that God has not revealed Himself to anyone, especially Christians.

They do, however, believe that God revealed an aspect of Himself, His 'speech', the Quran, to Muhammed, but only through Gabriel. I was wondering if your exposition of your belief wasn't some 'nit-picky' thing like ...[text shortened]... ly as widespread as Christians' mistrust of Muslims. Misunderstanding is rampant on both sides.
Less sauce more brain.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Sep 16

Originally posted by divegeester
Less sauce more brain.
Sorry to hear that. I expect that, with a bit more education, you might actually obtain more 'brain'.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Sep 16

Originally posted by FMF
No, I'm not a Muslim.
Fair enough, I can only take this at face value.

F

Moves
08 Sep 16

Fair enough, I can only take this at face value.
What other "value" might you take it at? I take everything you say, and the way you behave, "at face value" too. Is there some other way we are supposed to take the claims and views of other posters?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Sep 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
What other "value" might you take it at? I take everything you say, and the way you behave, "at face value" too. Is there some other way we are supposed to take the claims and views of other posters?
Oh, come now.

I wasn't born yesterday, and neither were you.

Your forum combat techniques here are well-known. Obviously, being 'gracious' isn't one of them. But at least I don't expect that from you.

F

Moves
08 Sep 16
1 edit

Oh, come now.

I wasn't born yesterday, and neither were you.

Your forum combat techniques here are well-known. Obviously, being 'gracious' isn't one of them. But at least I don't expect that from you.
And what does whether you think I am "gracious" or not have to with whether you think I am a Muslim or not?

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
09 Sep 16

From the sidelines - this was a rather strange interlude.

From none of FMF's posts have I ever detected any hidden sign that he may be a muslim. Where did that come from?

From what we know he is an atheist convert from pseudo-Christianity, or at least from the Christianity that was practiced by those around him when he made that choice.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
09 Sep 16

Originally posted by CalJust
From the sidelines - this was a rather strange interlude.

From none of FMF's posts have I ever detected any hidden sign that he may be a muslim. Where did that come from?

From what we know he is an atheist convert from pseudo-Christianity, or at least from the Christianity that was practiced by those around him when he made that choice.
No, FMF is not an atheist.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
09 Sep 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
No, FMF is not an atheist.
The only difference is he has a gut feeling.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
09 Sep 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
The only difference is he has a gut feeling.
A gut feeling that 'God exists.'

And you view that as compatible with being an atheist, even though being so requires the opposite gut feeling?

What planet are you on?

Cape Town

Moves
09 Sep 16

Originally posted by CalJust
From what we know he is an atheist convert from pseudo-Christianity, ....
Why do you describe it as pseudo-Christianity? Or is that how you describe all Christianity that isn't your preferred denomination? Or is it a term you reserve for the former beliefs of those that have left the religion? Are you perhaps claiming that Real Christians (tm) can never leave the faith?