"Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S. Korea

Moves
19 Mar 18

Of course there is something silly about non-experts discussing the Hebrew words but that's all we can do and it is a much better direction for the Forum than the FMF & Dive quote-by-quote, line-by-line interrogating people on their material and insisting that the question hasn't been answered, lol.

rain

Moves
19 Mar 18

Originally posted by @philokalia
Slavery was an institution that actually preserved life -- hard currency was extraordinarily few, and it was the sole possession of top elites and merchants, and the bulk of people had nothing but rags when the harvests failed. Slavery was a means of casting oneself at the mercy of others to be preserved.

If there was no slavery, what could be done? l ...[text shortened]... l.

We are also probably talking about ... what... how many Amalekites could there have been?
You're the second Christian after Suzianne to defend slavery on this thread, and the first to defend genocide.

But here I am talking about historical context to someone who is of dubious character.

Says the guy defending slavery and genocide.

F

Moves
19 Mar 18

Of course there is something silly about non-experts discussing the Hebrew words but that's all we can do and it is a much better direction for the Forum than the FMF & Dive quote-by-quote, line-by-line interrogating people on their material and insisting that the question hasn't been answered, lol.
No one requires you to discuss anything with anybody. Take the Forum in whatever direction you want.

rain

Moves
19 Mar 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @romans1009
I go by the King James Version and, in it, Psalm 104:5 says:

“Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever.”

Ecclesiastes 1:5 in the KJV says:

“The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose.”

Neither verse says the sun revolves around the earth.
Many Christians, including the early Church, believed that to mean the sun revolved around the earth.

But you're (deliberately) missing the point: earth never moving and sun moving through the sky are two MORE claims in the bible that are scientifically wrong.

So much about your religion and it's claims has been proven false.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Mar 18

Originally posted by @vivify
Many Christians, including the early Church, believed that to mean the sun revolved around the earth.

But you're (deliberately) missing the point: earth never moving and sun moving through the sky are two MORE claims in the bible that are scientifically wrong.

So much about your religion and it's claims has been proven false.
Where do you get earth never moving? The verse is speaking of the foundations. As far as the verse referencing the sun, you’re picking nits. Do you know how many people, even today, say the sun rises in the east and sets in the west? Stop being silly.

S. Korea

Moves
19 Mar 18

Originally posted by @vivify
You're the second Christian after Suzianne to defend slavery on this thread, and the first to defend genocide.

[b]But here I am talking about historical context to someone who is of dubious character.

Says the guy defending slavery and genocide.[/b]
None of those things you said are arguments

S. Korea

Moves
19 Mar 18

Originally posted by @fmf
No one requires you to discuss anything with anybody. Take the Forum in whatever direction you want.
Thanks I wasn't sure if I could do that.

I feel better now.

S. Korea

Moves
19 Mar 18

Imagine being the guy who self righteously says the Bible condoned slavery...

And then being triggered when someone agrees with the obvious statement but suggests that the year 2018 is different from the year 800 BC...

... And you personally are a Democrat who believes in the March of history.

Lol.

Wtf.

Moves
19 Mar 18

Lol.
Lol

Moves
19 Mar 18

...lol.
Lol

Moves
19 Mar 18

If there was no slavery, what could be done? lol.
Lol

Moves
19 Mar 18

...lol?
Lol!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Mar 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Lol
Having another tickle fight with one of your blokes, tiger?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Mar 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Lol!
You sure are giddy tonight, tiger. Did they extend happy hour?

Moves
19 Mar 18

LOL....
LOL