Question for nominal Christians

Question for nominal Christians

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
26 Apr 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
What part of "where it wasn't there before" do you not get?

They didn't "restore" the name "Jehovah" 237 times to the New Testament. It simply wasn't in the Greek (not Hebrew, I think you're confusing the Old and New there). They systematically added it.

I'd cite references, but you'd probably call them bogus, too.
bring it on sister, smells like teen spirit for you and victory for me!

In all seriousness, there are fragments of Greek text, which have shown that the divine
name, that is the tetragrammaton, was in use up until the ninth century. Please i will
state that again, there are Greek texts and manuscripts that have been found with the
ancient Hebrew tertagrammation demonstrating that it was used, in Greek texts up
until the ninth century, if you would like a list of the texts i would be more than happy
to oblige.

Although i dont know why i should oblige you when you have refused to answer why
as a Christian you do not adhere to the teachings and examples of Jesus.

D

St. Peter's

Moves
26 Apr 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
then perhaps you can answer the original question, that is with reference to a public
ministry after the example of the first century Christians, acts 20:20, after the
admonition of the Christ, Matthew 28:19,20 and Luke 11:23.
where in scripture does it say we should knock on the doors of strangers and pester people with our version of Christianity? please point that out first.

D

St. Peter's

Moves
26 Apr 11

nope, a Nominal Christian is one in name only, that is one who does not adhere to the
teachings of the Christ.
So then severely handicapped people who cannot go door to door are nominal Christians? What about people with severe speech impediments or stammerers? Are they excluded from the kingdom? How about people with agoraphobia? Your definition is too narrow and it has the added bonus of not being scripturally accurate.

rc

Moves
26 Apr 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Doward
where in scripture does it say we should knock on the doors of strangers and pester people with our version of Christianity? please point that out first.
let us take your prejudiced adjectives out that statement and we can distil its true
intent. How anyone can read the gospels and be unaware of the importance of a
public ministry is a litmus test to just how far removed you are.

where in scripture does it say we should knock on the doors of strangers with our
version of Christianity? please point that out first.

there that's better, for if you actually knew anything about a public ministry, you
would know that not all persons are so ill mannered no ill disposed, infact, some
people actually welcome us, or so it would seem by our awesome statistics.

shall we start at Matthew 28:19,20, shall you inform the forum of your translation,
we wouldn't want you whining, as usual about ours, even thought it been
demonstrated to be superlative, meh, ok , ill do it.

(Matthew 28:19-20) . . .Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the
nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy
spirit,  teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And,
look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”

rc

Moves
26 Apr 11
6 edits

So then severely handicapped people who cannot go door to door are nominal Christians? What about people with severe speech impediments or stammerers? Are they excluded from the kingdom? How about people with agoraphobia? Your definition is too narrow and it has the added bonus of not being scripturally accurate.
nope, they can witness within the constraints of their circumstances, the fact is, that
they are actively engaged in some capacity, if you actually knew anything with regard
to scripture you would know that Paul when confined under house arrest,
continued to teach those that were on hand, even members of the Roman guard. How
this escapes your notice i have absolutely no idea. why must you limit a public
ministry in terms of house to house, did not Paul also witness when he was working, in
the market place, in the synagogue? tell me, what you think he was doing, before
Agrippa, making small talk?

It is apparent that you have no idea of hwat is scripturally accurate, otherwise you
would be telling the forum about your public ministry, which you are not.

Indeed there was a lady, a Jehovahs witness who was confined to an iron lung, that
managed to bring upwards of thirty people to an accurate knowledge of Biblical
truth, to the point of baptism. Indeed we have entire congregations of deaf
persons, and not a few blind ones either who still manage in some capacity.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
26 Apr 11

I don't know for sure, but I'm thinking this isn't your fight.

Robbie is looking for a throwdown between Christians here, and if a fight is what he wants, he may yet get one.
I just take issue with the literal (and more importantly, idiosyncratically literal) interpretations of the Bible which energise the fundies of different religious groups in their quest to stamp out any opposition to their cause.
Of course regarding this last point people may point to my own atheistic leanings and accuse me of being a hypocrite here. the difference is that I don\'t advocate door to door de-evangelising and I hit any religion or superstition with the same measure of skepticism and criticism

Moves
26 Apr 11

then perhaps you can answer the original question, that is with reference to a public
ministry after the example of the first century Christians, acts 20:20, after the
admonition of the Christ, Matthew 28:19,20 and Luke 11:23.
I've read that you are supposed to submit a report on your time spent in public ministry and your status can change depending on the report. Unless you are sick or something like that. Is this correct?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
26 Apr 11

bring it on sister, smells like teen spirit for you and victory for me!

In all seriousness, there are fragments of Greek text, which have shown that the divine
name, that is the tetragrammaton, was in use up until the ninth century. Please i will
state that again, there are Greek texts and manuscripts that have been found with the
ancient H ...[text shortened]... refused to answer why
as a Christian you do not adhere to the teachings and examples of Jesus.
Dodging around the issue again. I bet you were on the debate team in school.

The Tetragrammaton was used in Greek texts, of that there is no doubt. However, it does NOT appear in Greek manuscripts of the New Testament, the actual Greek scriptures. As a result, almost all translations do not insert it into the English. The NWT actually inserts the name into the New Testament 237 times, where it was not there before, exactly as I said earlier.

And I told you, I'm not dancing for you. I've made the reasons why quite clear several places in this forum.

rc

Moves
26 Apr 11
3 edits

Originally posted by JS357
I've read that you are supposed to submit a report on your time spent in public ministry and your status can change depending on the report. Unless you are sick or something like that. Is this correct?
yes we submit a report. status? what status are we referring to? everyone goes on
the ministry whether they are in the world headquarters at Brooklyn, New York, on in
outer Mongolia. No exceptions except on health grounds and even there, you can
count as little as fifteen minutes and report it. The only way that a persons status
changes is if they become inactive, then they have nothing to report, and that's all
they go from, being active to inactive.

D

St. Peter's

Moves
26 Apr 11

let us take your prejudiced adjectives out that statement and we can distil its true
intent. How anyone can read the gospels and be unaware of the importance of a
public ministry is a litmus test to just how far removed you are.

where in scripture does it say we should knock on the doors of strangers with our
version of Christianity? pleas ...[text shortened]... ed you. And,
look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”
public ministry means more than going door to door, if you can't see that i can't help you

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
26 Apr 11

I say anyone who does not actively share in teaching and preaching others after the
manner of the Christ through a public ministry is a nominal Christian, that would
include you.
The more you post, the more I dislike you. But you know what, I'll never judge you the way you judge others.

rc

Moves
26 Apr 11
1 edit

Dodging around the issue again. I bet you were on the debate team in school.

The Tetragrammaton was used in Greek texts, of that there is no doubt. However, it does NOT appear in Greek manuscripts of the New Testament, the actual Greek scriptures. As a result, almost all translations do not insert it into the English. The NWT actually inserts the nam ...[text shortened]... I'm not dancing for you. I've made the reasons why quite clear several places in this forum.
are you kidding I was too busy getting punishment exercises, and suspended, and
behaviour sheets for that nonsense.

Yes that is correct it did not, but we have only sought to introduce it into the Greek text
when its clear that its a direct quotation from the Hebrew text which does contain the
divine name as evidenced from the Greek translators who translated the Hebrew. We
never made the text up, there are references from Papyri which we have used to
determine, when the text was translated from Hebrew to Greek, the Greek writers
used the teragrammaton. It would be utterly inconsistent to see a text in Hebrew with
the divine name and see it quoted directly in the Greek portion of scripture without it.
For this i make no apology, for neither the Greek Kyrios (Lord) nor Theos (God)
are names. what is more it is clear that Christ early disciples used the divine name
and its found also the Greek Septuagint.

rc

Moves
26 Apr 11
1 edit

public ministry means more than going door to door, if you can't see that i can't help you
have i not stated as much? why would i want help from you?

rc

Moves
26 Apr 11
2 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
The more you post, the more I dislike you. But you know what, I'll never judge you the way you judge others.
you'll never reach them with the Good News either. I am fed up with you people
pointing the cannons at us, you want a taste of your own medicine, well here is your
chance. Fess up why you dont have a public ministry as directed by the Christ?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
26 Apr 11

you'll never reach then with the Good News either.
You have no idea what I do or don't do and I'm certainly not going to indulge your primitive sense of self-righteousness by telling you.