Question for nominal Christians

Question for nominal Christians

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
27 Apr 11

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Once again, "Do you really think you're fooling anybody with this act?"
please try to answer the question, is it really so difficult, after all, its a view point
question.

T

Moves
27 Apr 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
please try to answer the question, is it really so difficult, after all, its a view point
question.
Since you missed my edit: "Some day you're really going to shock me and show that you're capable of acting with integrity."

rc

Moves
27 Apr 11
1 edit

Since you missed my edit: "Some day you're really going to shock me and show that you're capable of acting with integrity."
i doubt anyone in the entire history of the spirituality forum could hope to attain to such
a truly lofty accolade! that being meeting with your approval. now the question, do tell.

T

Moves
27 Apr 11

i doubt anyone in the entire history of the spirituality forum could hope to attain to such
a truly lofty accolade! that being meeting with your approval. now the question, do tell.
Evidently this isn't going to be such a day. If nothing else, you're consistent. More's the pity.

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
27 Apr 11

Maybe YOU should reread YOUR posts, so that you can comprehend what YOU stated this thread is about.

From your OP:
Question for nominal Christians...why dont you teach and preach in obedience to Christ's command at Matthew 28:19,20?

Seeing as you subsequently define "nominal Christians" as those who don't do so, the question is abou ...[text shortened]... ver come across anyone as unscrupulous as you. Are all JWs cut from the same cloth as you?
The OP was loaded to create discord through judgement and derision, and to give robbie carrobie a platform to expound upon his self proclaimed 'good works'. I regret responding the way I did at the start of the thread, the content and intent of the OP is not worthy of anyone's anger.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Apr 11
2 edits

I care, in fact i spend my time trying to help them get a relationship with God, thats
what a public ministry is about.

(Matthew 9:36-38) . . .On seeing the crowds he felt pity for them, because they were
skinned and thrown about like sheep without a shepherd.  Then he said to his
disciples: “Yes, the harvest is great, but the workers are few.  Therefore, beg the
Master of the harvest to send out workers into his harvest.”
Okay, you believe in helping people out who are false in their relationship with
God, and that for you is public ministry. I don't believe the scripture you used
to supports that point about calling out false Christians applies, it more goes
to calling all people to God. I don't think it worth debating over, if God has
put on your heart this work so be it, if you took it upon yourself exactly how
do you know who is and is not a true Christian, but one in name only? Seems
to me that would be a handy bit of knowledge to have if God gave it to you,
does God tell you, or do you have some check list to ask and if they get some
of the important questions wrong they are not right with God and you have to
help them out?
Kelly

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Apr 11

let us take your prejudiced adjectives out that statement and we can distil its true
intent. How anyone can read the gospels and be unaware of the importance of a
public ministry is a litmus test to just how far removed you are.

where in scripture does it say we should knock on the doors of strangers with our
version of Christianity? pleas ...[text shortened]... ed you. And,
look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”
But you do not do that. You do not even believe in the trinity.
You think the Holy Spirit has no authority and that it is just an
active force like the force of gravity.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
28 Apr 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
It may have escaped your notice Rob that it's 11:15am on a weekday morning, most people in the UK are at work. The US posters are probably still in bed.

I think you may need to given them more than 40 mins to respond to your post before you start chastising them.
-7GMT here LOL But ahhh I'm here

=Manny=

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Apr 11

The question is, not what makes a Christian, the question was, why dont nominal
Christians have a public ministry, answers on a postcard, first out of the hat wins a
free trip to heaven, all expenses, all inclusive offer of a life time, where you will be a
King and a Priest reigning with Christ, xbox 360s with Kinect for the ten runners up.
There is no requirement in the Holy Bible for ALL Christians to have
a public ministry.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
28 Apr 11

Originally posted by JS357
I've read that you are supposed to submit a report on your time spent in public ministry and your status can change depending on the report. Unless you are sick or something like that. Is this correct?
Yes they have quotas and card that get filled out. You can see these I think in PDF format. I remember asking G-75 and Robbie about this and they did not deny it.

Manny

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Apr 11

no worries, actually it depends on whether your alphabet has a Y or a J, some dont
have both, so the pronunciation is different, here is a list for example,

Awabakal - Yehóa
Bugotu - Jihova
Cantonese - Yehwowah
Danish - Jehova
Dutch - Jehovah
Efik - Jehovah
English - Jehovah
Fijian - Jiova
Finnish - Jehova
French - Jéhovah
Futuna - Ih ...[text shortened]... knows for sure what the actual pronunciation was, its what is accepted
locally where your at.
So why is so important for you to use the name Jehovah, if you now
admit no one knows how it is pronounced. I would rather use the
name Jesus than Jehovah so what is wrong with that? After all He is the
one that said to teach all the world and baptist in the authority of the
triune God.

Moves
28 Apr 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
a public ministry.
This should be explored. According to the Bible, is public ministry obligatory; laudable but not obligatory; permissible but not laudable; or (merely to be complete) other than these?

rc

Moves
28 Apr 11
1 edit

Originally posted by KellyJay
Okay, you believe in helping people out who are false in their relationship with
God, and that for you is public ministry. I don't believe the scripture you used
to supports that point about calling out false Christians applies, it more goes
to calling all people to God. I don't think it worth debating over, if God has
put on your heart this work so be f they get some
of the important questions wrong they are not right with God and you have to
hel
firstly I am not interested in whether a person is an Atheist, a Christian, a Muslim, a
Satanist, its irrelevant, they are human beings. Whether they respond to the Good
News is entirely up to them, indeed, its almost impossible to tell who will and who will
not respond in a positive way, many who were initially opposed softened and
embraced it.

rc

Moves
28 Apr 11
1 edit

a public ministry.
the point was raised by Kelly, when i asked what was Gods will. He stated that it
was to show love to others, however, i say that atheists do exactly the same thing,
do they not also love their fellow man and their families, yes indeed. It can be
asertained from scripture that Gods will is this,

(2 Peter 3:9) . . .he is patient with you because he does not desire any to be
destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance. . .

Clearly therefore Gods will is that all attain to repentance. Paul himself then asks
the question, how will persons be saved if none are sent?

(Romans 10:11-15) . . .For the Scripture says: “None that rests his faith on him will
be disappointed.”  For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for there is
the same Lord over all, who is rich to all those calling upon him.  For “everyone who
calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”  However, how will they call on him
in whom they have not put faith? How, in turn, will they put faith in him of whom
they have not heard? How, in turn, will they hear without someone to preach?  How,
in turn, will they preach unless they have been sent forth?
Just as it is written:
“How comely are the feet of those who declare good news of good things!

please explain.

rc

Moves
28 Apr 11

So why is so important for you to use the name Jehovah, if you now
admit no one knows how it is pronounced. I would rather use the
name Jesus than Jehovah so what is wrong with that? After all He is the
one that said to teach all the world and baptist in the authority of the
triune God.
It amazes me that you fail to discern the importance of Gods name, or have you
never read,

(Matthew 6:9) . . .“‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified. . .

(John 5:43) . . .I have come in the name of my Father, but you do not receive me. . .

(John 10:25) . . .The works that I am doing in the name of my Father, these bear witness about me. . .

(John 12:13) . . .Blessed is he that comes in Jehovah’s name, even the king of Israel. . .

(John 12:28) . . .Father, glorify your name. . .

(John 17:6) 6 “I have made your name manifest to the men you gave me out of the
world. . . .

Clearly Christ held the name of the Father in high regard, indeed it was the Fathers
name, not his own that he asked should be sanctified, indeed, it was the Fathers
name that he made manifest , only because you, like other trinitarians have made
Christ an object of Idolatry, do you not know and use the name of the father even
as Christ himself did, because you are unable to distinguish between the two.