Question for believers in intelligent design

Question for believers in intelligent design

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rain

Moves
09 Mar 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Yet there are scientists out there that believe there is evidence for a creator. Their findings are out there. You're just unwilling to accept it.
That minority of scientists' beliefs are far outweighed by the rest of the scientific community.

rain

Moves
09 Mar 18

Would you agree that we don't know everything there is to know?
Your beliefs are not based on knowledge.

Moves
09 Mar 18

Originally posted by @vivify
Your beliefs are not based on knowledge.
Unless we were to count 'wishful thinking' as knowledge.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
09 Mar 18

No one said it did. All I said was that there is no evidence for a creator, not that there definitely isn't one.
...there is no evidence for a creator...
What would you consider "evidence for a creator" as, um, evidence for a creator?

rain

Moves
09 Mar 18
2 edits

rain

Moves
09 Mar 18

Originally posted by @freakykbh
[b]...there is no evidence for a creator...
What would you consider "evidence for a creator" as, um, evidence for a creator?[/b]
How about the creator appearing and, you know, doing some creating?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
09 Mar 18

So once the 'is' is established, what are you expecting the creator to do, exactly?
Or were you hoping for an assembly line of production?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Mar 18
2 edits

If you believe that the universe couldn't have been created without a designer, why do you not apply that same logic to God?
If you believe that the universe couldn't have been created without a designer, why do you not apply that same logic to God?

We know that there could be no intelligent design of anything in nature because ... well, if there was intelligent design that would violate our principle of the separation of church and state.

So there could not have been any intelligent design.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
09 Mar 18

You are creating everyday

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
09 Mar 18

Also based upon assumptions that can’t be proved.
That type of attitude is a mask for laziness. I bet you can't be bothered to examine the evidence.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Mar 18

Is it better to side with educated scientists who spent years receiving formal education and training in their respective fields, or is it better to side with ancient men who believed in talking snakes and stoned women to death for not being virgins?
The “talking snake” is an overused trope by atheists.

Any animal or thing that is possessed by a demon can speak. Don’t believe in demons? Google “Lindley Street Bridgeport CT.”

Moves
10 Mar 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
That type of attitude is a mask for laziness. I bet you can't be bothered to examine the evidence.
If you have evidence for that a creator does not exist feel free to present it so that we can discuss its veracity.

rain

Moves
10 Mar 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
The “talking snake” is an overused trope by atheists.

Any animal or thing that is possessed by a demon can speak. Don’t believe in demons? Google “Lindley Street Bridgeport CT.”
Out of "talking snake" and "women being stoned to death", that's what bothered you?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Mar 18

Out of "talking snake" and "women being stoned to death", that's what bothered you?
I’m not aware of women being stoned to death in the Bible, but I don’t know the Old Testament that well and didn’t feel qualified to comment on it. Nor is that something I often hear atheists bring up.

It would seem it did occur since Jesus saved a woman who committed adultery from being stoned, but that doesn’t speak to how often it took place.

Basically, I didn’t (and don’t) know enough about it to offer a comment.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
10 Mar 18

If you have evidence for that a creator does not exist feel free to present it so that we can discuss its veracity.
The NASA link is not evidence for, or against, a creator. It's about the the physical history, configuration, and expansion of the universe.

The Big Bang theory is compatible with a creator. But the creator is arguably not necessary.