Quantum Entanglement

Quantum Entanglement

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
21 Jun 22

@josephw said
That's why I posted it here. Consider this verses: "For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ". 1 Corinthians 2:16

Based on the article, what might be the implications of that?
Do we really have "the mind of Christ", though?

Or just what Paul told us "the mind of Christ" was?

Moves
21 Jun 22

@suzianne said

What’s the difference do you think?

Über-Nerd

Moves
24 Jun 22

@josephw said
https://www.theepochtimes.com/scientist-reveals-quantum-entanglement-may-explain-the-mind-existing-as-a-field-separate-from-the-brain_4536351.html

"Dr. Dirk K.F. Meijer, a professor at the University of Groningen in the Netherlands, hypothesizes that consciousness resides in a field surrounding the brain, a field which lies in another dimension. It shares information with ...[text shortened]... ..transmits wave information into the brain tissue,.."?

No wonder some people lose their minds. 🕳
It's just a modern re-hash of Descartes' idea that the mind and brain are connected by the pineal gland. The problem with all such such dualistic philosophies is the same: how can anything non-material (a mind) cause anything to happen in the physical body (e.g., make it move it's hand)? How can information (which is immaterial) cause anything to happen in brain tissue (which is material)?

Dirk has merely fudged the issue by pretending there is quasi-mental-matter to bridge the gap. 'Holographic fields of dark energy' is mumbojumbo; might as well have called it "phlogistion." I don't need convincing to recognize claptrap when I see it.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
24 Jun 22

@moonbus said
It's just a modern re-hash of Descartes' idea that the mind and brain are connected by the pineal gland. The problem with all such such dualistic philosophies is the same: how can anything non-material (a mind) cause anything to happen in the physical body (e.g., make it move it's hand)? How can information (which is immaterial) cause anything to happen in brain tissue (which ...[text shortened]... t as well have called it "phlogistion." I don't need convincing to recognize claptrap when I see it.
Frankly, I rather agree with your assessment.

Speaking of "mind" I honestly wouldn't know where to begin. I'm "thinking" at this moment. I "hear", see, smell etc. in an intangible part of myself called "mind".

Is it merely/only the process of bio/electric brain tissue? Does it need to be?

Über-Nerd

Moves
24 Jun 22

@josephw said
Frankly, I rather agree with your assessment.

Speaking of "mind" I honestly wouldn't know where to begin. I'm "thinking" at this moment. I "hear", see, smell etc. in an intangible part of myself called "mind".

Is it merely/only the process of bio/electric brain tissue? Does it need to be?
To anyone who thinks there is a mind/body problem, I would ask: how is a pawn connected with being a piece of wood (or plastic or pixels on a monitor)? Once you separate things, you have a conceptual problem getting them connected together again. It is better to see these things as unific but under different aspects or points of view. It's human beings we're dealing with, not minds driving around in bodies. Then you don't have to think up wacko 'solutions' involving holographic fields of dark energy.

Moves
26 Jun 22

Is it just me, or doesn't it seem that a problem could arise if numpties of Earth forcefully entangled two previously unentangled particles/wavicles, which might already have untold numbers of previously existing and still active entanglements?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
26 Jun 22

@kevin-eleven said
Is it just me, or doesn't it seem that a problem could arise if numpties of Earth forcefully entangled two previously unentangled particles/wavicles, which might already have untold numbers of previously existing and still active entanglements?
It's just you.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
26 Jun 22

@moonbus said
To anyone who thinks there is a mind/body problem, I would ask: how is a pawn connected with being a piece of wood (or plastic or pixels on a monitor)? Once you separate things, you have a conceptual problem getting them connected together again. It is better to see these things as unific but under different aspects or points of view. It's human beings we're dealing wi ...[text shortened]... dies. Then you don't have to think up wacko 'solutions' involving holographic fields of dark energy.
I don't think there's a mind/body problem at all. It is whatever it is. The question about whether or not the mind exists/functions as a separate component of the total human construct isn't mine.

But I get your point. And still the question persists. Of course my perspective is biblical. I don't need a scientific explanation, if there is one, to believer man is composed as a triune being.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
26 Jun 22
1 edit

@suzianne said

Please answer your questions.

I take the words "but we have the mind of Christ" to mean just what it says. Albeit a lifetime won't suffice to fully understand it.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Jun 22

@josephw said
Please answer your questions.

I take the words "but we have the mind of Christ" to mean just what it says. Albeit a lifetime won't suffice to fully understand it.
My point is the vast number of translations of the Bible.

Every Christian has their own way of looking at issues presented in the Bible, every Christian looks at what is written through their own filter of what is written.

This means we will always have discussion of what the Bible means.

The worst of the bunch are the Christians who proclaim, "It means THIS! And you're not a Christian if you do not believe as I do!"

I cannot believe that some Christians actually believe that humans actually have the mind of God within them. The closest some get to "the mind of God" is their ego telling them that they have the mind of God. If Christians actually had the mind of God within them, then sin would stop being the central focus of Christianity, and we could focus on making the material world better for each other, instead of playing the game of piling up our riches here on earth.

Moves
27 Jun 22

@suzianne said
My point is the vast number of translations of the Bible.

Every Christian has their own way of looking at issues presented in the Bible, every Christian looks at what is written through their own filter of what is written.

This means we will always have discussion of what the Bible means.

The worst of the bunch are the Christians who proclaim, "It means THIS! And y ...[text shortened]... rial world better for each other, instead of playing the game of piling up our riches here on earth.
You are describing KellyJay, Josephw and sonship perfectly.

Über-Nerd

Moves
28 Jun 22

@divegeester

TU from me, dive.