Punishment

Punishment

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
26 Apr 17

Originally posted by caissad4
Guatama was a Hindu. Did he renounce his Hindu beliefs ?
Hinduism failed to satisfy the questions he had, especially around suffering. Perhaps renounce is the wrong word, but was certainly supplanted by Buddhism, (Much in the same way that Einsteins theory or relativity supplanted Newton's Laws of motion).

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
26 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Hinduism failed to satisfy the questions he had, especially around suffering. Perhaps renounce is the wrong word, but was certainly supplanted by Buddhism, (Much in the same way that Einsteins theory or relativity supplanted Newton's Laws of motion).
I would be interested to know which question of yours (assuming you have one or more), Christianity does not satisfy but is satisfied by another religion or is not satisfied by any religion for that matter. Assuming of course your rejection of Christianity is intellectual.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
26 Apr 17

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
I would be interested to know which question of yours (assuming you have one or more), Christianity does not satisfy but is satisfied by another religion or is not satisfied by any religion for that matter. Assuming of course your rejection of Christianity is intellectual.
My rejection of 'all' religions is intellectual. I also believe all religions fail to account for and justify the existence of suffering and evil in the world.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
26 Apr 17
2 edits

My rejection of 'all' religions is intellectual. I also believe all religions fail to account for and justify the existence of suffering and evil in the world.
Are you familiar with any of Philip Yancey's books, such as "Where is God when it hurts?"
Highly recommended. You should be able to find a pdf online.

T

Moves
26 Apr 17
2 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
OK if that makes you feel like you've achieved what you were after.
That remains to be seen.

It remains to be seen if you'll finally manage to wrap your mind around the fact that an individual may not feel that he has enough non-conflicting information on which to base a determination of whether or not he's a Christian. That and the fact that the individual is in a much better position to make that determination than you are.

It remains to be seen if you'll stop being a jerk and stop hounding C3 mercilessly about whether or not he considers himself to be a Christian.

F

Moves
26 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
That remains to be seen.

It remains to be seen if you'll finally manage to wrap your mind around the fact that an individual may not feel that he has enough non-conflicting information on which to base a determination of whether or not he's a Christian. That and the fact that the individual is in a much better position to make that determination than y ...[text shortened]... rk and stop hounding C3 mercilessly about whether or not he considers himself to be a Christian.
It's unclear whether you are aware of chaney3's track record in this community. If you want to lend him a hand in life ~ as well as with how he fares here on this forum ~ I would suggest you might be better off talking to him about his alcoholism.

T

Moves
26 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
It's unclear whether you are aware of chaney3's track record in this community. If you want to lend him a hand in life ~ as well as with how he fares here on this forum ~ I would suggest you might be better off talking to him about his alcoholism.
Do you believe that by hounding C3 mercilessly about whether or not he considers himself to be a Christian, DG is "lend[ing] him an hand in life"? Or helps how well C3 "fares here on this forum"?

Do you believe that calling DG on his bs, serves as an impediment to how well C3 "fares here on this forum" or "in life"?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
26 Apr 17

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
Are you familiar with any of Philip Yancey's books, such as "Where is God when it hurts?"
Are you familiar with any of Bertrand Russell's books, such as 'Why I Am Not a Christian?'

F

Moves
26 Apr 17

c

Moves
26 Apr 17

The post that was quoted here has been removed
You're so full of shiit FMF, that it's comical. Regardless of my drinking, my posts are that of someone who actually wants to be a Christian, but am not at all satisfied with the way I feel about Christianity....NOW.
Nobody can actually agree with what a Christian even is!!!

And you, as a former Christian, turned atheist should comprehend the doubts, along with the hesitation to commit. But instead of 'debating' and 'discussing', both yourself and Dive just act like a-holes most of the time!!!

Both of you just aggravate the shiit out of everyone most of time, and if you get that shiit thrown back at you, well....you deserve it!!!!

Your forum style sucks, as most have already pointed out, except for your buddy.

Note: sober post. A-hole.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
26 Apr 17

The fall of man or the devil doesn't do it for you?

F

Moves
26 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by chaney3
You're so full of shiit FMF, that it's comical. Regardless of my drinking, my posts are that of someone who actually wants to be a Christian, but am not at all satisfied with the way I feel about Christianity....NOW. Nobody can actually agree with what a Christian even is!!!
You've basically started the same thread about the diversity in Christianity what feels like 20 times since you joined. Point to one of those threads where you actually listened to, acknowledged, or responded to any of the direct, on-the-nose answers that you got from Christians ~ e.g. 'Yes, chaney3, Christians do not all agree on their faith and doctrines' ~ before either being advised to go sleep it off or starting an almost identical thread. Show me the thread on this topic where you can credibly be satisfied and proud of your intellectual behaviour, and I'll eat my words.

F

Moves
26 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by chaney3
...my posts are that of someone who actually wants to be a Christian, but ... [...] nobody can actually agree with what a Christian even is!!!
Well there you have it, for the umpteenth time... your alleged desire and your self-pitying excuse all rolled into one. Why not start a thread blaming Jesus for your alcoholism again and then forget that that is what you did only a few pages later? Excuses. Other people are always to blame for your problem. Hey, maybe you can become a Christian when all the Christians finally get so fed up of your question that they just throw in the towel and agree to agree so that your excuse disappears.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
27 Apr 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
The fall of man or the devil doesn't do it for you?
No sir, it doesn't. Adam and Eve is a story. Mankind didn't fall anywhere. We evolved as a species.

To tender this as a reason for human suffering is hugely insufficient.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
27 Apr 17

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
That remains to be seen.

It remains to be seen if you'll finally manage to wrap your mind around the fact that an individual may not feel that he has enough non-conflicting information on which to base a determination of whether or not he's a Christian. That and the fact that the individual is in a much better position to make that determination than y ...[text shortened]... rk and stop hounding C3 mercilessly about whether or not he considers himself to be a Christian.
"Hounding him mercilessly"

oh dear I think you may have been reading too many Suzianne posts.