1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Aug '22 19:29
    @divegeester said
    No, that’s not what I’m saying at all.

Throughout this thread seem to be wanting to post anything which makes you feel as though you are addressing my scripturally referenced OP without actually addressing it.

It’s bizarre behaviour KellyJay.
    Proof you can’t take the Bible literally is not the subject of the OP entitled, “Proof you can’t take the bible literally,” is what you are saying
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '22 04:05
    @kellyjay said
    Proof you can’t take the Bible literally is not the subject of the OP entitled, “Proof you can’t take the bible literally,” is what you are saying
    You seem to be upset by the OP of this thread KellyJay.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Aug '22 09:44
    @divegeester said
    Upset at what you cannot or will not get clear, is it the Bible you are talking about
    or me? You are not clear; you are not specific; you are just spewing; why should I
    be upset about your inability to speak with specificity?

Why did you title the OP as you did if I am the topic and not the Bible?

The Bible cannot be taken literally; if you were talking about the Bible not being
    taken literally, why not focus on the Bible instead of people? Repeating your
    confusion doesn't clear it up; you need to be able to focus your points on the
    topic you want to discuss; if it is my beliefs, you should have just said so.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '22 14:22
    @kellyjay said
    Upset at what you cannot or will not get clear, is it the Bible you are talking about
    or me? You are not clear; you are not specific; you are just spewing; why should I
    be upset about your inability to speak with specificity?

Why did you title the OP as you did if I am the topic and not the Bible?

The Bible cannot be taken literally; if you were talking about the Bib ...[text shortened]... us your points on the
    topic you want to discuss; if it is my beliefs, you should have just said so.
    Just address the OP if you want to, if you don’t want to or are unable to, that’s fine too.

The premise set forth in my OP is clear, it is biblically referenced and it shows a solid example of an interpretation which when lifted literally is complete nonsense.

Hence, the bible cannot be taken literally.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Aug '22 16:06
    @divegeester said
    Just address the OP if you want to, if you don’t want to or are unable to, that’s fine too.

The premise set forth in my OP is clear, it is biblically referenced and it shows a solid example of an interpretation which when lifted literally is complete nonsense.

Hence, the bible cannot be taken literally.
    So it is the Bible you really do have issues with?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '22 19:34
    @kellyjay said
    So it is the Bible you really do have issues with?
    As I said in my OP, it is difficult to see how to take the bible literally give the scenario I referenced in detail.

Do you have anything to add or are you just going to keep asking me the same question over and over?
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Aug '22 22:13
    @divegeester said
    As I said in my OP, it is difficult to see how to take the bible literally give the scenario I referenced in detail.

Do you have anything to add or are you just going to keep asking me the same question over and over?
    LOL, seriously, asking you the same question over and over, that's a laugh. You
    only need to say which is the thing you are attempting to talk about as the cause
    for all of the concern, is it the Bible itself, or just those you are talking about?

If it is the Bible, then any interpretation would be following the text that you have
    identified as the root cause for concern, correct that all of the bad interpretations
    would be eliminated; all we need do is correct the text if you can. However, if you
    have no issues with the Bible itself; you have to clear up the bad interpretations by
    giving the proper interpretations that those verses in question need to have when
    someone reads them, instead of how others are now, according to you.

If you are upset at both, I cannot help you; you don't have anything to correct
    with outside of your feelings. If there isn't a means to satisfy your discontent
    with doctrine by being able to give proper instruction and interpretations, you
    have nothing to do but gripe and complain; there will be no remedy.
  8. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    17 Aug '22 23:09
    @divegeester said
    As gays go, you strike me as being lonely.
    Correct. Thank you for your so-called Christian kindness, jackass.
  9. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    17 Aug '22 23:10
    @divegeester said
    On what specifically are you basing your assertion?
    On what specifically do you base anything you write?
  10. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    17 Aug '22 23:113 edits
    @divegeester said
    Then don't. Problem solved.

You strike me as someone who is seeking permission to box his way out of a belief system he doesn't quite believe in.

Alternatively, perhaps you feel you are on a mission to go around "doctoring" other people so that they either believe as you believe, or disbelieve as you disbelieve.

On a chess site, of all places.
  11. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    18 Aug '22 00:00
    @divegeester said
    Isn't that usually your goal, you psychotic creep?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Aug '22 19:14
    @kellyjay said
    LOL, seriously, asking you the same question over and over, that's a laugh. You
    only need to say which is the thing you are attempting to talk about as the cause
    for all of the concern, is it the Bible itself, or just those you are talking about?

If it is the Bible, then any interpretation would be following the text that you have
    identified as the root cause for conce ...[text shortened]... uction and interpretations, you
    have nothing to do but gripe and complain; there will be no remedy.
    You don’t have to write all this obfuscation Kellyjay.
    Just feel free to duck out and avoid the OP, it’s fine.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Aug '22 19:55
    @kevin-eleven said
    Isn't that usually your goal, you psychotic creep?
    You’re also upset in thread!
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Aug '22 19:57
    @kevin-eleven said
    Then don't. Problem solved.

You strike me as someone who is seeking permission to box his way out of a belief system he doesn't quite believe in.

Alternatively, perhaps you feel you are on a mission to go around "doctoring" other people so that they either believe as you believe, or disbelieve as you disbelieve.

On a chess site, of all places.
    Another thread that you upset with me in.

It’s a tough life for you it seems.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Aug '22 19:57
    @kevin-eleven said
    On what specifically do you base anything you write?
    Mostly about you being upset with me in lots of threads.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree