1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '22 06:502 edits
    Recently I’ve had many exchanges across many threads with KellyJay about this topic. But here in this OP is absolute proof that bible cannot be taken literally.

Because if one believes KellyJay’s, sonship’s and Jospehw’s version of “literal” then this is what you get…

Assertion 1)
    Jesus saves the few, not the many

Evidence 1) Matt 7:14
    “Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.”

Assertion 2)
    God himself allows and even directs Satan to cause the many to turn away from God and perish.

Evidence 2) 2 Thessalonians 2:11
    “Therefore God sends upon them a misleading influence, a working of error and a strong delusion to make them believe what is false”

Assertion 3)
    Those who don’t find the “way which leadeth unto life”, becuase they have been under this influence I.e. by default the many, the billions, are burnt alive in hell for eternity by the Jesus

Evidence 3) Revelation 14:9–11
    “If anyone worships the beast . . . he will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever”

… a cruel God who is a failure.

So what’s the alternative?
    Well there is one. It’s an alternative where Jesus is loving, full of graciousness, kind to sinners and doesn’t torture billions of people for eternity!

BUT in order to find if one first has to acknowledge that taking the bible literally at face value doesn’t work.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '22 07:01
    @divegeester
    High five!
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Jun '22 09:21
    @divegeester said
    Recently I’ve had many exchanges across many threads with KellyJay about this topic. But here in this OP is absolute proof that bible cannot be taken literally.

Because if one believes KellyJay’s, sonship’s and Jospehw’s version of “literal” then this is what you get…

Assertion 1)

[i]“Becau ...[text shortened]... to find if one first has to acknowledge that taking the bible literally at face value doesn’t work.
    Proof you don't know what you are talking about with respect to scripture and
    the Jesus you believe in was created in your head, not the one in the scriptures.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '22 09:27
    @kellyjay said
    Proof you don't know what you are talking about with respect to scripture and
    the Jesus you believe in was created in your head, not the one in the scriptures.
    Thanks for writing that thorough referenced rebuttal of my OP.

You got anything else?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '22 09:291 edit
    @divegeester said
    So what’s the alternative?
    Well there is one. It’s an alternative where Jesus is loving, full of graciousness, kind to sinners and doesn’t torture billions of people for eternity!

BUT in order to find if one first has to acknowledge that taking the bible literally at face value doesn’t work.
    Once one decides that my simple, fully referenced simple exegesis cannot be a correct interpretation of what the gospel story is about, then one can start to look at the bible differently.

#old-wineskins.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Jun '22 09:47
    @divegeester said
    Thanks for writing that thorough referenced rebuttal of my OP.

You got anything else?
    Nothing to dispute, you have made what you think clear; I agree that is what you
    think.
  7. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    09 Jun '22 10:49
    @divegeester said

Assertion 1)

[i]“Becau ...[text shortened]... to find if one first has to acknowledge that taking the bible literally at face value doesn’t work.
    Proof you can’t take the bible literally

Cherry picking of scripture messages and mixing these with your own conclusions does not constitute "proof" of anything. It's OK though, you're free to go on believing what you will. 🙂
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '22 12:09
    @kellyjay said
    Nothing to dispute, you have made what you think clear; I agree that is what you
    think.
    My OP is objectively clear, focused and supported with scriptures you yourself have floated to support your particular brand of Christianity.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '22 12:10
    @mchill said
    Proof you can’t take the bible literally

Cherry picking of scripture messages and mixing these with your own conclusions does not constitute "proof" of anything. It's OK though, you're free to go on believing what you will. 🙂
    Feel free to make a focused, explicit, referenced rebuttal as soon as you feel up to it 🙂
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Jun '22 17:05
    @divegeester said
    My OP is objectively clear, focused and supported with scriptures you yourself have floated to support your particular brand of Christianity.
    It is not a brand of Christianity but scripture where you run afoul. Scripture is not something we get to spin into anything we like or want it to mean. If you think that than you are your only source of religious knowledge and interpretation, you not the scripture is the bottom line, you can never be wrong if you judge things by what you like.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '22 17:14
    @kellyjay said
    It is not a brand of Christianity but scripture where you run afoul. Scripture is not something we get to spin into anything we like or want it to mean. If you think that than you are your only source of religious knowledge and interpretation, you not the scripture is the bottom line, you can never be wrong if you judge things by what you like.
    Thank you for posting this stuff and opinion.

My OP is clear, concise and referenced. It is waiting for someone you launch a similar rebuttal.
  12. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    09 Jun '22 18:38
    @divegeester said
    proof that bible cannot be taken literally.
    You're close. It's proof the Bible can't be taken seriously.
  13. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    09 Jun '22 19:421 edit
    @divegeester

But who doctors the doctors?

It's clear that you are somehow driven to correct other people's understandings so that they align with your own petty and self-satisfying interpretations.

But are you fully responsible for every occurrence that has contributed to your presumption of intentionality, or could it be that you are superciliously conducting your little crusade as a way to obscure your own doubts that you are fully in control of yourself?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '22 21:47
    @vivify said
    You're close. It's proof the Bible can't be taken seriously.
    What do you mean by “seriously”?
  15. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    09 Jun '22 21:57

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree