1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Aug '22 19:57
    @kevin-eleven said
    Correct. Thank you for your so-called Christian kindness, jackass.
    You’re definitely upset in this thread too!
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Aug '22 19:59
    @kevin-eleven said
    Please DO hold your breath while you wait.
    As Christians go, you strike me as a legalist -- which is to say a clever, arbitrary, transitory ego with verbal skills who prefers to engage in verbal battles it expects to win by dint of its cleverness rather than to humble and thereby exceed itself to explore the more experiential mysteries and greater contexts of Christianity.
    Gosh this must be 10 threads in which you are upset with me Kevin.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Aug '22 23:34
    @divegeester said
    You don’t have to write all this obfuscation Kellyjay.
    Just feel free to duck out and avoid the OP, it’s fine.
    If you are complaining about errors in text, produce the correct text.
    If you complain that someone reads a correct text, produce the
    correct interpretation for correcting the error. You can do neither, so
    all you are doing is just blowing smoke.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Aug '22 05:20
    @kellyjay said
    If you are complaining about errors in text, produce the correct text.
    Where have I complained about “errors in the text”?

You are unable to refute my scripturally referenced OP which demonstrates that the bible cannot be taken literally.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Aug '22 05:21
    @kellyjay said
    If you complain that someone reads a correct text, produce the
    correct interpretation for correcting the error.
    Huh?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Aug '22 05:23
    Recently I’ve had many exchanges across many threads with KellyJay about this topic. But here in this OP is absolute proof that bible cannot be taken literally.

Because if one believes KellyJay’s, sonship’s and Jospehw’s version of “literal” then this is what you get…

Assertion 1)
    Jesus saves the few, not the many

Evidence 1) Matt 7:14
    “Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.”

Assertion 2)
    God himself allows and even directs Satan to cause the many to turn away from God and perish.

Evidence 2) 2 Thessalonians 2:11
    “Therefore God sends upon them a misleading influence, a working of error and a strong delusion to make them believe what is false”

Assertion 3)
    Those who don’t find the “way which leadeth unto life”, becuase they have been under this influence I.e. by default the many, the billions, are burnt alive in hell for eternity by the Jesus

Evidence 3) Revelation 14:9–11
    “If anyone worships the beast . . . he will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever”

… a cruel God who is a failure.

So what’s the alternative?
    Well there is one. It’s an alternative where Jesus is loving, full of graciousness, kind to sinners and doesn’t torture billions of people for eternity!

BUT in order to find that alternative, one first has to acknowledge that taking the bible literally at face value doesn’t work.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Aug '22 22:30
    @divegeester said
    Recently I’ve had many exchanges across many threads with KellyJay about this topic. But here in this OP is absolute proof that bible cannot be taken literally.

Because if one believes KellyJay’s, sonship’s and Jospehw’s version of “literal” then this is what you get…

Assertion 1)

“Because strait i ...[text shortened]... native, one first has to acknowledge that taking the bible literally at face value doesn’t work.
    Where do you get your information that things are not as they should be in scripture?
    Again, to show an error, you must do two things, declare the error and show why by
    producing the correct way. What foundational documents do you use for error
    correction of people and the Bible?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Aug '22 05:58
    @kellyjay said
    Where do you get your information that things are not as they should be in scripture?
    Again, to show an error, you must do two things, declare the error and show why by
    producing the correct way. What foundational documents do you use for error
    correction of people and the Bible?
    Everything you need to know about my assertion in the scripturally referenced text in my OP, which I’ve re shared with you several times.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Aug '22 10:24
    @divegeester said
    Everything you need to know about my assertion in the scripturally referenced text in my OP, which I’ve re shared with you several times.
    You can either correct what you say is wrong with what is good or admit you are
    only talking about your "feelings" about what is right. One is required, the other
    not because it has nothing to do with the truth of the text, while the other is only
    your self-importance regarding your feelings over scripture.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Aug '22 10:29
    @kellyjay said
    You can either correct what you say is wrong with what is good or admit you are
    only talking about your "feelings" about what is right. One is required, the other
    not because it has nothing to do with the truth of the text, while the other is only
    your self-importance regarding your feelings over scripture.
    Not interested.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Aug '22 12:09
    @divegeester said
    Not interested.
    Because of ourt side of your "FEELINGS: you have nothing to prove your points.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Aug '22 00:31
    @divegeester said

Assertion 1)

[i]“Becau ...[text shortened]... to find if one first has to acknowledge that taking the bible literally at face value doesn’t work.
    1) You make it sound as though man has no role in salvation - that Jesus simply picks those to save and those to reject, and man’s will and desires play no role in his salvation. God wants to save everyone - but not everyone wants to be saved.

“The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.”

(2 Peter 3:9)

2) I think this is akin to God hardening Pharaoh’s heart. God only did that after Pharaoh continued to resist and disobey Him.

3) I believe that verse from Revelation pertains to those who worship Satan, which is a far cry from not accepting Christ.
  13. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    23 Aug '22 01:10
    @divegeester said
    Gosh this must be 10 threads in which you are upset with me Kevin.
    You seem to be looking for evidence that people are upset with you, and therefore finding it.

I wonder why your filters seem to be configured that way.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Aug '22 06:03
    @kevin-eleven said

I wonder why your filters seem to be configured that way.
    Your shoreline of wonder encircles a very small island of knowledge Kevin.
  15. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    23 Aug '22 06:20
    @divegeester said
    Your shoreline of wonder encircles a very small island of knowledge Kevin.
    You seem to wake up each morning avid to engage in your petty attempts at verbal combat.

Have you had your thyroid and brainstem checked?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree