1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Jun '22 17:42
    @divegeester said
    Tell me exactly, precisely please, which “truth” it is you are accusing me of denying?
    Do one honest thing today, dump the forum.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jun '22 20:37
    @divegeester said
    Gosh, making it personal much … Mr “Don’t make it Personal”

LOL what a flaming hypocrite!
    You feel the way you speak to others here is loving and kind?
  3. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    15 Jun '22 23:27
    @divegeester

Quibbling over verbiage is not the same as looking Godward.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jun '22 23:59
    @josephw said
    Do one honest thing today, dump the forum.
    Don’t run away…

Tell me exactly, precisely please, which “truth” it is you are accusing me of denying?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Jun '22 00:00
    @kellyjay said
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jun '22 00:53
    @divegeester said
    Not as much as I'd like, but I don't call people names and put them down every
    chance I get, can you say the same?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Jun '22 06:17
    @kellyjay said
    Not as much as I'd like, but I don't call people names and put them down every
    chance I get, can you say the same?
    Yes, I can say that.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jun '22 09:55
    @divegeester said
    Yes, I can say that.
    Have you ever read your posts?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Jun '22 12:18
    @kellyjay said
    Have you ever read your posts?
    Only when I write them.

Do you go back and read yours as bedtime reading?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Aug '22 23:201 edit
    Still waiting for a referenced rebuttal of my OP

Recently I’ve had many exchanges across many threads with KellyJay about this topic. But here in this OP is absolute proof that bible cannot be taken literally.

Because if one believes KellyJay’s, sonship’s and Jospehw’s version of “literal” then this is what you get…

Assertion 1)
    Jesus saves the few, not the many

Evidence 1) Matt 7:14
    “Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.”

Assertion 2)
    God himself allows and even directs Satan to cause the many to turn away from God and perish.

Evidence 2) 2 Thessalonians 2:11
    “Therefore God sends upon them a misleading influence, a working of error and a strong delusion to make them believe what is false”

Assertion 3)
    Those who don’t find the “way which leadeth unto life”, becuase they have been under this influence I.e. by default the many, the billions, are burnt alive in hell for eternity by the Jesus

Evidence 3) Revelation 14:9–11
    “If anyone worships the beast . . . he will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever”

… a cruel God who is a failure.

So what’s the alternative?
    Well there is one. It’s an alternative where Jesus is loving, full of graciousness, kind to sinners and doesn’t torture billions of people for eternity!

BUT in order to find if one first has to acknowledge that taking the bible literally at face value doesn’t work.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Aug '22 10:01
    @divegeester said
    Still waiting for a referenced rebuttal of my OP

Recently I’ve had many exchanges across many threads with KellyJay about this topic. But here in this OP is absolute proof that bible cannot be taken literally.

Because if one believes KellyJay’s, sonship’s and Jospehw’s version of “literal” then this is what you get…

Assertion 1)
    Jesus saves the few, not th ...[text shortened]... find if one first has to acknowledge that taking the bible literally at face value doesn’t work.
    Your OP has an issue, its glaring; you seem to be suggesting because we (myself,
    and others) believe specific things, then taking the Bible literally is simply a matter
    of disagreeing with us because we are, after all, just people. It isn't us who you are
    talking about when you say how the "Bible" should be looked at! You lost focus, it
    is the "Bible" where your focus should be on, the text, not on the people who talk
    about it. All you are doing is once again, not looking at the topic under discussion,
    instead talking about people who talk about the subject.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Aug '22 19:43
    @kellyjay said
    Your OP has an issue, its glaring; you seem to be suggesting because we (myself,
    and others) believe specific things, then taking the Bible literally is simply a matter
    of disagreeing with us because we are, after all, just people. It isn't us who you are
    talking about when you say how the "Bible" should be looked at! You lost focus, it
    is the "Bible" where your focus sh ...[text shortened]... not looking at the topic under discussion,
    instead talking about people who talk about the subject.
    Still no referenced rebuttal.

Just the sound of glass crashing after the rock was thrown.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Aug '22 22:37
    @divegeester said
    Still no referenced rebuttal.

Just the sound of glass crashing after the rock was thrown.
    Make a case against the scripture not being sound; what is your argument?
    What makes you think the text doesn't mean what it says? What is your rationale?

It isn't me that you ask if I should be taken literally; it's the Bible, so go on; what
    about the Bible do you disagree with? What is your position on the text you
    quoted? Why don't you set the record straight by telling everyone the right things
    that we should find in scripture?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Aug '22 22:50
    @kellyjay said
    what is your argument?
    It’s on my OP kellyjay, the one you keep dodging.
  15. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    15 Aug '22 22:53
    @divegeester

Many people DO take the Bible literally. Your model, your proof, and who knows what else are incomplete.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree