1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 Jun '22 01:06
    @kellyjay said
    He is under the opinion that God's goodness is only expressed in His forgiveness
    not His righteous judgment, while scripture shows us that it is through His
    righteous judgment God's goodness is shown. So when someone is held
    accountable for their sins, he believes God must have greater numbers, not hold
    them accountable for their sins, while the God of scripture, Jesus, ...[text shortened]... for in Christ. He is under the
    impression that should also apply to all of those outside of Christ.
    Couldn't have said it better myself kelly.

It appears that as time goes by divegeester seems to understand less and less about the scriptures, argues more and more with those of us that know them and uses the same arguments against the veracity of the scriptures that any other unbelieving person uses, all while claiming to believe in the author of The Book.

Seems divegeester gets his knowledge of the Bible from liberal theologians that don't even believe in the most fundamental teaching of scripture with regards to the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

But divegeester will quote them as though they know something while discrediting the scriptures with erroneous interpretations.

Go figure!

If one cannot trust the scriptures, then they obviously don't really trust Jesus.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 Jun '22 01:22
    @kevin-eleven said
    I suspect that you have been deeply hurt by Christianity somehow, but are too much of a coward to go around torching churches. You are too old for this nonsense. Grow up.
    "I suspect that you have been deeply hurt by Christianity somehow,.."

Many years ago there was a dear old saint that was a prolific poster in this forum, (he past away a few years back) and I had the pleasure of getting to know him personally. We spoke on the phone numerous times. He had a theory about that, but I'm not at liberty to discuss it publicly.

If it's true it's a sad reality for many, for which only God can provide solace.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '22 07:20
    @josephw said
    Couldn't have said it better myself kelly.

It appears that as time goes by divegeester seems to understand less and less about the scriptures, argues more and more with those of us that know them and uses the same arguments against the veracity of the scriptures that any other unbelieving person uses, all while claiming to believe in the author of The Book.

Seems divege ...[text shortened]... .

Go figure!

If one cannot trust the scriptures, then they obviously don't really trust Jesus.
    Stroking kellyjay while passing horizontal rebukes in my direction reminds me of the JWs when they were here; it’s cringey, please done do it.

Meanwhile…
    Any time you want to specifically and directly address the scripturally referenced assertion I have made in my OP please feel free to do so.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '22 07:22
    @josephw said
    "I suspect that you have been deeply hurt by Christianity somehow,.."

Many years ago there was a dear old saint that was a prolific poster in this forum, (he past away a few years back) and I had the pleasure of getting to know him personally. We spoke on the phone numerous times. He had a theory about that, but I'm not at liberty to discuss it publicly.

If it's true it's a sad reality for many, for which only God can provide solace.
    You truly are a gutless turd. Either say it or don’t say it.

Show some principle, show some backbone man!
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jun '22 10:43
    @divegeester said
    You truly are a gutless turd. Either say it or don’t say it.

Show some principle, show some backbone man!
    Show some grace and mercy, be gentle and kind to others, and treat others as you
    would like to be treated. Show us how Jesus has changed you into someone better.
    The fruit of the Spirit isn't strife and name-calling; those types of things are not
    from God but acts of the flesh.

Galatians 5
    But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '22 10:541 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Show some grace and mercy, be gentle and kind to others, and treat others as you
    would like to be treated. Show us how Jesus has changed you into someone better.
    You will never, under any circumstances here me calling someone an “enemy of god”, insinuating that they aren’t a Christian, like Josephw does and like you do …..and yet you NEVER pick him up on it, why is that KellyJay?

You will never here me judging someone like you judge FMF’s experience with god.

These two examples are the worst things one person can say to another. Not oh you’re a dick or whatever.

So grow up, get some proper perspective and take your pious platitudes and shove them KellyJay.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '22 10:55
    @kellyjay said

Galatians 5
    But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not ...[text shortened]... no law. And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
    Don’t preach at me you hypocrite.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jun '22 11:04
    @divegeester said
    You will never, under any circumstances here me calling someone an “enemy of god”, insinuating that they aren’t a Christian, like Josephw does and like you do …..and yet you NEVER pick him up on it, why is that KellyJay?

You will never here me judging someone like you judge FMF’s experience with god.

These two examples are the worst things one person can say to ano ...[text shortened]...

So grow up, get some proper perspective and take your pious platitudes and shove them KellyJay.
    All of us will give an account of every word we say, every action we do and do not
    do, including things directed at you.

I acknowledge everything that fmf has said about his experience, and what he has
    said about his experience was that God was never in him, which is what the
    Christian life is Christ in us, our hope. So instead of letting him think he had it and
    lost it, I am telling him he missed it and is missing it.

Strife, dive that seems to be your normal operating standard, not love and grace,
    is that what you think God wants with those He came and died for?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '22 12:21
    @kellyjay said
    All of us will give an account of every word we say, every action we do and do not
    do, including things directed at you.

I acknowledge everything that fmf has said about his experience, and what he has
    said about his experience was that God was never in him, which is what the
    Christian life is Christ in us, our hope. So instead of letting him think he had it and
    lost ...[text shortened]... ing standard, not love and grace,
    is that what you think God wants with those He came and died for?
    Thanks for posting all this stuff …As I’ve said, several times now…

If you feel you can put together a concise referenced rebuttal to my OP then I will be looking forward to reading it.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jun '22 12:581 edit
    @divegeester said
    Don’t preach at me you hypocrite.
    Why you something special, the rules don't apply to you as you apply them to
    others? You charging me a hypocrite only means you have some idea what that
    means and do you do the things you are claiming I am doing? I have asked you
    to show me where I called you a tare, still waiting. I can point to several places
    where you have called me names, including this post.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jun '22 13:00
    @divegeester said
    Thanks for posting all this stuff …As I’ve said, several times now…

If you feel you can put together a concise referenced rebuttal to my OP then I will be looking forward to reading it.
    People have already shown you where you are wrong, you need me to do the same
    since all you ever do when that is done is ignore it and call the one showing you
    your error names.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '22 13:27
    @kellyjay said
    People have already shown you where you are wrong, you need me to do the same
    since all you ever do when that is done is ignore it and call the one showing you
    your error names.
    Lol, no they haven’t. But run away, it’s ok.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jun '22 09:21
    @divegeester said
    Lol, no they haven’t. But run away, it’s ok.
    Your very OP posts scripture that goes directly against your opinion, so if you put
    your opinion above scripture, no one will convince you; otherwise, you only care
    about your opinion, which I believe is what others have told you. It was what I said
    early on, you not scripture is what you go to for truth of doctrine.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '22 19:35
    @kellyjay said
    Your very OP posts scripture that goes directly against your opinion, so if you put
    your opinion above scripture, no one will convince you; otherwise, you only care
    about your opinion, which I believe is what others have told you. It was what I said
    early on, you not scripture is what you go to for truth of doctrine.
    Thanks for posting this stuff.

As I’ve said, several times, if you want to directly and explicitly address the scripturally referenced assertions in my OP then please feel free to do so.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Jun '22 19:49
    @divegeester said
    Recently I’ve had many exchanges across many threads with KellyJay about this topic. But here in this OP is absolute proof that bible cannot be taken literally.

Because if one believes KellyJay’s, sonship’s and Jospehw’s version of “literal” then this is what you get…

Assertion 1)
    Jesus saves the few, not the many

Evidence 1) Matt 7:14
    [i]“Becau ...[text shortened]... to find if one first has to acknowledge that taking the bible literally at face value doesn’t work.
    Then why did Jesus have to die on a cross?

You are minimizing his sacrifice.

The point is, that with all this against men, there IS a solution. Believe unto the Son of God, that he was sent to take your sin upon himself, otherwise NONE would be saved.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree