1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 Jun '22 22:11
    @divegeester said
    Recently I’ve had many exchanges across many threads with KellyJay about this topic. But here in this OP is absolute proof that bible cannot be taken literally.

Because if one believes KellyJay’s, sonship’s and Jospehw’s version of “literal” then this is what you get…

Assertion 1)
    Jesus saves the few, not the many

Evidence 1) Matt 7:14
    [i]“Becau ...[text shortened]... to find if one first has to acknowledge that taking the bible literally at face value doesn’t work.
    Strange, and even a bit funny, that you think you have proven in this OP that the scriptures can't be taken literally.

It's as though you think that when it says "in the beginning God created" can't be taken literally because it doesn't mean what it says because you said so.

Divegeester believes divegeester, and you have made a public spectacle of yourself. That's the only thing you've proven.

Don't you see the red flag in this thread when you get "high fives" and acknowledgment from those that don't believe in or know the God you claim to believe in?

You're in dangerous territory old boy.

Proverbs 14:12
    There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '22 22:13
    @josephw said
    Strange, and even a bit funny, that you think you have proven in this OP that the scriptures can't be taken literally.

It's as though you think that when it says "in the beginning God created" can't be taken literally because it doesn't mean what it says because you said so.

Divegeester believes divegeester, and you have made a public spectacle of yourself. That's the ...[text shortened]... rbs 14:12
    There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
    Thanks you for posting this stuff about me.

If you feel you can put together a concise referenced rebuttal to my OP then I will be looking forward to reading it.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 Jun '22 23:11
    @divegeester said

If you feel you can put together a concise referenced rebuttal to my OP then I will be looking forward to reading it.
    It doesn't matter what anyone says to you in rebuttal. You've questioned the veracity of the scriptures, mischaracterized their meaning and intent for so long now you're convinced of your own rightness to the degree that no matter what you're told it won't make a shred of difference.

All you can think about is what you think it doesn't mean by what it says. That's just backackwards exegesis.

You should have been reading and studying the scriptures and taking them at face value to learn from them what God intended for you to learn.

In your OP you said commenting on Revelation 14:9-11, "… a cruel God who is a failure."

Pure unadulterated heresy. Straight out of the mouth of Satan.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '22 23:22
    @josephw said
    It doesn't matter what anyone says to you in rebuttal. You've questioned the veracity of the scriptures, mischaracterized their meaning and intent for so long now you're convinced of your own rightness to the degree that no matter what you're told it won't make a shred of difference.

All you can think about is what you think it doesn't mean by what it says. That's just bac ...[text shortened]... "… a cruel God who is a failure."

I understand that you can’t put forward a referenced rebuttal, and I hear that in your frustration you want to call me Satan.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Jun '22 10:49
    @divegeester said

Running away?

Isn't that what you normally take others to task for?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '22 10:59
    @suzianne said
    Running away?

Isn't that what you normally take others to task for?
    What specifically are you saying I’m running away from?
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jun '22 11:00
    @josephw said

All you can think about is what you think it doesn't mean by what it says. That's just bac ...[text shortened]... "… a cruel God who is a failure."

He is under the opinion that God's goodness is only expressed in His forgiveness
    not His righteous judgment, while scripture shows us that it is through His
    righteous judgment God's goodness is shown. So when someone is held
    accountable for their sins, he believes God must have greater numbers, not hold
    them accountable for their sins, while the God of scripture, Jesus, says; otherwise;
    he puts all of those scriptures aside to satisfy his a personal opinion of how things
    should be if God were to act as he thinks God should.

We are forgiven through the righteousness of God, who through Christ took our
    guilt and made it His own, all sins accounted for in Christ. He is under the
    impression that should also apply to all of those outside of Christ.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '22 11:01
    @kellyjay said
    He is under the opinion that God's goodness is only expressed in His forgiveness
    not His righteous judgment, while scripture shows us that it is through His
    righteous judgment God's goodness is shown. So when someone is held
    accountable for their sins, he believes God must have greater numbers, not hold
    them accountable for their sins, while the God of scripture, Jesus, ...[text shortened]... for in Christ. He is under the
    impression that should also apply to all of those outside of Christ.
    For someone who objects to people assuming what your opinions are you seem to be very inclined to do the same to other people.

That is called hypocrisy KellyJay.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '22 11:031 edit
    Is anyone here prepared to take on what I’ve specifically written in my OP or are you all going to continue to descend into assumptions about me and my opinions and make it all “personal”?

🙂
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jun '22 11:15
    @divegeester said
    For someone who objects to people assuming what your opinions are you seem to be very inclined to do the same to other people.

That is called hypocrisy KellyJay.
    I'm not assuming I'm taking everything you have said and applying it. If I got
    something wrong, correct me. I don't mind being corrected, so simply saying this
    is what you do because these are things you have said is not hypocrisy; if correct,
    what I don't like is mischaracterizing taking something I did not imply, and even
    after I correct it is still put forward. Where am I wrong about anything I have said?
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jun '22 11:16
    @divegeester said
    Is anyone here prepared to take on what I’ve specifically written in my OP or are you all going to continue to descend into assumptions about me and my opinions and make it all “personal”?

🙂
    I accept everything you said as things you believe; they don't line up with scripture
    but that is not a problem for you as you have pointed out before.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '22 11:201 edit
    @kellyjay said
    I accept everything you said as things you believe; they don't line up with scripture
    but that is not a problem for you as you have pointed out before.
    What I said was all referenced with scripture and represents what you have posted previously about your your opinion of the interpretation of those scriptures.

If you would like to directly and specifically address what I posted and show exactly how I have misrepresented what your opinion of those scriptures is, then please go ahead as soon as you like.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jun '22 11:33
    @divegeester said
    What I said was all referenced with scripture and represents what you have posted previously about your your opinion of the interpretation of those scriptures.

If you would like to directly and specifically address what I posted and show exactly how I have misrepresented what your opinion of those scriptures is, then please go ahead as soon as you like.
    It's been done countless times and has had no effect, yet, why would I want to do it
    again? Referencing scripture that doesn't apply, inserting a meaning that isn't there
    is meaningless; if you are going to use scripture as the standard of justification for
    your doctrine and dogma, you have allowed the scripture to be the standard of
    justification for your doctrine and dogma, those things you put forward, you don't
    get to cherry-pick the things you want them to say if you spin them properly to get
    the meaning you want. We must conform to scripture, not conform the scripture to
    our desires.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '22 23:38
    @kellyjay said
    It's been done countless times and has had no effect, yet, why would I want to do it
    again? Referencing scripture that doesn't apply, inserting a meaning that isn't there
    is meaningless; if you are going to use scripture as the standard of justification for
    your doctrine and dogma, you have allowed the scripture to be the standard of
    justification for your doctrine and d ...[text shortened]... get
    the meaning you want. We must conform to scripture, not conform the scripture to
    our desires.
    Thanks for posting more blurb.

Any time you want to specifically and directly address the scripturally referenced assertion I have made in my OP please feel free to do so.
  15. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    11 Jun '22 23:401 edit
    @divegeester said
    Thanks for posting more blurb.

Any time you want to specifically and directly address the scripturally referenced assertion I have made in my OP please feel free to do so.
    I suspect that you have been deeply hurt by Christianity somehow, but are too much of a coward to go around torching churches. You are too old for this nonsense. Grow up.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree