Pray for the success of atheism

Pray for the success of atheism

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
04 Jul 17

Originally posted by dj2becker
Yep, so when the Nazis agreed on something it was also right. Sounds legit. 🙄
Cough cough, Godwin's law:

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hitler approaches - that is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Hitler or his deeds.'

Moves
04 Jul 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Cough cough, Godwin's law:

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hitler approaches - that is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Hitler or his deeds.'
Godwin's law: atheist cop out used when their morality is shown to be found wanting

F

Moves
04 Jul 17

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
04 Jul 17

Godwin's law: atheist cop out used when their morality is shown to be found wanting
Ah yes, Christian morality, an oxy moron. Moron that later.

Moves
05 Jul 17

Two people are 'morally good,' one an atheist and one a theist. The atheist is morally good due to his own volition, the theist because God has told him to be good or he'll be punished.

And you have the gall to say the atheist's morality is wanting?!

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
05 Jul 17

Yep, so when the Nazis agreed on something it was also right. Sounds legit. 🙄
If you could be a little bit more specific here it would help the discussion. Are you talking about the Holocaust? Do you think that the German people knew about and approved of death camps?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Jul 17

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
If you could be a little bit more specific here it would help the discussion. Are you talking about the Holocaust? Do you think that the German people knew about and approved of death camps?
Those in charge did, you think the leadership of any people's laws, rules, and so on have
anything to do with setting up what is and is not acceptable?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Jul 17

Two people are 'morally good,' one an atheist and one a theist. The atheist is morally good due to his own volition, the theist because God has told him to be good or he'll be punished.

And you have the gall to say the atheist's morality is wanting?!
I'll tell you without Jesus Christ, both of them are on their way to die in their sins.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
05 Jul 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
I'll tell you without Jesus Christ, both of them are on their way to die in their sins.
And we all thought Christ was here so that we did what was morally good.
😞

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
05 Jul 17
1 edit

Those in charge did, you think the leadership of any people's laws, rules, and so on have
anything to do with setting up what is and is not acceptable?
Of course not. Governments do appalling, immoral things all the time. Do you think that the actions of a nation's government accurately reflect the members of that society's views on what is right and wrong?

Moves
05 Jul 17

You're wrong, but I accept you believe that.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Jul 17

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Of course not. Governments do appalling, immoral things all the time. Do you think that the actions of a nation's government accurately reflect the members of that society's views on what is right and wrong?
So who represents a people if not the leadership? Do you think that there is a polling taking place that judges what everyone thinks? Are we to think everyone thinks like we do, so it's just understood what all the people think?

If you want to think your views are the majority then just hang around like minded people. That way you're illusion will remain intact.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Jul 17

You're wrong, but I accept you believe that.
How would you know if I am wrong or not? Because it doesn't agree with your opinion

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
05 Jul 17

So who represents a people if not the leadership? Do you think that there is a polling taking place that judges what everyone thinks? Are we to think everyone thinks like we do, so it's just understood what all the people think?

If you want to think your views are the majority then just hang around like minded people. That way you're illusion will remain intact.
I don't understand what you are saying. Are you asking how we perceive the consensus on our shared morality?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Jul 17

There is not the slightest doubt in my mind that every single Atheist that has ever lived, will in one way or another come under Jesus Christ in unconditional surrender.

In eternity future no Atheism will exist.

You see how today no T-Rexs exist ?
See how today no Brontosaurus exists ?

We are all headed for a universe in which Atheism will be totally extinct.