1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Apr '21 13:26
    @rajk999 said
    Good questions. Its going to boil back down to her referring to those who disagree with her hypocritical doctrine, as Pharisaical.
    Twice as irrelevant.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Apr '21 13:38
    @suzianne said
    His belief that these things, extortion, adultery, 'being unjust', are evil did not save him. Neither will believing that homosexuality and abortion are evil save these modern-day Pharisees.
    What is your scriptural argument that abortion is not "sinful"?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Apr '21 13:39
    @suzianne said
    Irrelevant.
    What is your scriptural argument that homosexual sex is not "sinful"?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Apr '21 13:42
    @suzianne said
    Do you think the meaning of Luke 18:11 would be any different had the Pharisee said, "God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, terminating pregnancies, or laying with another man, or even as this publican"?
    This is why I suggested that Luke 18:11 is a red herring. Luke 18:11 does not mean that there are no "sins". Luke 18:11 does not answer the question: is abortion and homosexual sex "sinful"?
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Apr '21 13:42
    @suzianne said
    Do you think the meaning of Luke 18:11 would be any different had the Pharisee said, "God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, terminating pregnancies, or laying with another man, or even as this publican"?
    Maybe in your circles people pray like that, but I have never heard such a prayer from even the most corrupt or arrogant Christian. So you are totally missing the point Jesus is making. The point being that people should pray and ask God to forgive their sins. In your case whatever personal sins you commit, and from your own admission there appear to be several, so just ask for Gods mercy and forgiveness. Instead what you are doing, no doubt because your mind is overrun with guilt, is lashing out at people who promote the teachings of Christ and calling them Pharisees. Go clean up your life.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Apr '21 13:51
    @rajk999 said
    Maybe in your circles people pray like that, but I have never heard such a prayer from even the most corrupt or arrogant Christian. So you are totally missing the point Jesus is making. The point being that people should pray and ask God to forgive their sins. In your case whatever personal sins you commit, and from your own admission there appear to be several, so just as ...[text shortened]... ut at people who promote the teachings of Christ and calling them Pharisees. Go clean up your life.
    She seems to be claiming that Luke 18:11 means that a Christian cannot identify what is "sinful" because to do so would be "pharisaical".

It's such an oddly weak argument that I think it is, in fact, merely a rhetorical fig leaf to cover the fact that she does not have the courage to address head-on whether or not abortion and homosexual sex are "sinful".
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Apr '21 13:57
    @fmf said
    She seems to be claiming that Luke 18:11 means that a Christian cannot identify what is "sinful" because to do so would be "pharisaical".

It's such an oddly weak argument that I think it is, in fact, merely a rhetorical fig leaf to cover the fact that she does not have the courage to address head-on whether or not abortion and homosexual sex are "sinful".
    All that is a sign that she has a guilty conscience, and a weak mind. This is why I keep telling people to leave their personal lives out of the discussion because it taints the conversation with irrelevant nonsense. Who cares about her personal sins and what she does? Nobody.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Apr '21 12:201 edit
    Here is a modern day example in Israel of "Pharisaical" in its negative sense.

UNBELIEVABLE! Rabbi spreads a malicious lie against Eitan, Moti and ONE FOR ISRAEL!!

YouTube&ab_channel=ONEFORISRAELMinistry

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree