Patience is a virtue

Patience is a virtue

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
29 Jun 18

Why this saying? I think because if you learn patience then you may learn the other virtues.

Agree? Ideas?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Jun 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
Why this saying? I think because if you learn patience then you may learn the other virtues.

Agree? Ideas?
I like this, NEVER pray for endurance, you will more than likely be granted trials to learn
endurance, instead pray for wisdom.

Moves
29 Jun 18

Originally posted by @kellyjay
I like this, NEVER pray for endurance, you will more than likely be granted trials to learn
Conversely, wisdom can also be obtained by the trials endurance provides.

F

Moves
29 Jun 18

Agree? Ideas?
Being proactive, forcing the pace, escalating, not being waylaid by delays and barriers ~ i.e. the opposite of "patience", perhaps ~ can all be virtues as well.

So, to update your OP:

Patience is maybe a virtue, sometimes. And sometimes it's probably not.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
29 Jun 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Being proactive, forcing the pace, escalating, not being waylaid by delays and barriers ~ i.e. the opposite of "patience", perhaps ~ can all be virtues as well.

So, to update your OP:

Patience is maybe a virtue, sometimes. And sometimes it's probably not.
"patience is a virtue" is not my saying.
One can be proactive and be patient . Deciciveness and bluntness are also reflections right-thinking which is learnt through patience ( and other things)

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
29 Jun 18

Originally posted by @kellyjay
Endurance ?

Not the same thing as patience .

F

Moves
29 Jun 18

"patience is a virtue" is not my saying.
One can be proactive and be patient . Deciciveness and bluntness are also reflections right-thinking which is learnt through patience ( and other things)
So, you agree or disagree with what I said?

Moves
29 Jun 18

Agree? Ideas?
Perhaps if you give and example of what patience means to you within the frame of reference of your OP and we will have a better understand of what you are getting at?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
29 Jun 18

So, you agree or disagree with what I said?
I disagree. However I see the point you are making

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
29 Jun 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Perhaps if you give and example of what patience means to you within the frame of reference of your OP and we will have a better understand of what you are getting at?
eg. It's hard/impossible to learn other virtues without patience . Like chastity or tolerance

F

Moves
29 Jun 18

I disagree. However I see the point you are making
Disagree with what? I think what I said was about as uncontroversial and as bears-poo-in-the-woods as one can be.

Patience can be a virtue but it's not always the case.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
29 Jun 18

Agree? Ideas?
I agree. Around 1 1/2 years ago I began a time consuming hobby of hand polishing Indonesian Black Amber. I believe the black on the surface is volcanic in origin. It is also the only black amber known. Slowly removing the black with sandpaper, a toothbrush and toothpaste is time consuming but as a balance is reached between the amber and the black material it is quite relaxing and beautiful. Knowledge of patience, understanding of patience, and wisdom of patience is the road. Namaste.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
29 Jun 18

Disagree with what? I think what I said was about as uncontroversial and as bears-poo-in-the-woods as one can be.

Patience can be a virtue but it's not always the case.
I disagree that patience is sometimes not a virtue. Hence the saying

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
29 Jun 18

Originally posted by @caissad4
I agree. Around 1 1/2 years ago I began a time consuming hobby of hand polishing Indonesian Black Amber. I believe the black on the surface is volcanic in origin. It is also the only black amber known. Slowly removing the black with sandpaper, a toothbrush and toothpaste is time consuming but as a balance is reached between the amber and the black material ...[text shortened]... . Knowledge of patience, understanding of patience, and wisdom of patience is the road. Namaste.
Yes I've been doing woodwork and it is impossible to do a good job without patience .

BTW 'Namaste' is like an international thing yeah? Well I'll just stick to 'cheers'
Cheers Darlin'

F

Moves
29 Jun 18

I disagree that patience is sometimes not a virtue. Hence the saying
Sometimes "patience" is inappropriate and the wrong approach to take and therefore not a virtue.