Panspermia

Panspermia

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
24 Aug 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
mmm, well its like a dragon, you know, long neck, breathes fire, scaly skin, large talons for clutching helpless maidens from off the sacrificial rock etc etc
Bunkum.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
24 Aug 09

mmm, well its like a dragon, you know, long neck, breathes fire, scaly skin, large talons for clutching helpless maidens from off the sacrificial rock etc etc
This "etc etc" that you neglected to define is as essential as it gets ye lazy lang leggedy beastie. So go ahead, define it, and be specific regarding them lasses that are supposed to be fried a la KFC -and ye 'ld better back yer opinion with the appropriate passages😵

rc

Moves
24 Aug 09
2 edits

Originally posted by black beetle
This "etc etc" that you neglected to define is as essential as it gets ye lazy lang leggedy beastie. So go ahead, define it, and be specific regarding them lasses that are supposed to be fried a la KFC -and ye 'ld better back yer opinion with the appropriate passages😵
LOL, well you know the etc etc was the routine that a dragon usually takes, carries the maiden off to his lair, dragon is really a handsome prince that was bewitched because of some impossible errand that he was set by the proud princess that he sought to marry, you know, bring the singing ringing tree from the hobgoblins kingdom for me or else!, if the princess loves you it will sing, if not, well you shall become a dragon before sunset, anyhow, the maid eventually falls in love with him despite his hideous appearance because of his kindness in that he does not torch her but teaches her humility and how to play chess, especially the dragon variation, the tree sings, the spell is broken and they go back to Scotland for some Findus crispy pancakes washed down with lashings of the amber nectar of the north, and live happily ever after until they have kids and their whole life is never the same again.

rc

Moves
24 Aug 09

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Bunkum.
you still don't believe me? you people are impossible, i dunno, if the dragon carried you off as his side dish you would still not believe!

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
24 Aug 09

LOL, well you know the etc etc was the routine that a dragon usually takes, carries the maiden off to his lair, dragon is really a handsome prince that was bewitched because of some impossible errand that he was set by the proud princess that he sought to marry, you know, bring the singing ringing tree from the hobgoblins kingdom for me or else!, if ...[text shortened]... , and live happily ever after until they have kids and their whole life is never the same again.
Oh I love the part where the dragon teaches the maiden to play chess and then he takes his lass and they head up north all the way to the Highlands enjoying en passant (en flying to, that it) at Jura isle (that extremely un-get-at-able place as Orwell stated), them haggis with some Jura 18yo single malt sauce etc etc😀😀

rc

Moves
24 Aug 09

Oh I love the part where the dragon teaches the maiden to play chess and then he takes his lass and they head up north all the way to the Highlands enjoying en passant (en flying to, that it) at Jura isle (that extremely un-get-at-able place as Orwell stated), them haggis with some Jura 18yo single malt sauce etc etc😀😀
Ah beetle my friend your self imposed abstention shall soon be over, the nightmare of leaving your queen en-prize at that famous game after some celebrations the night before shall be but a distant memory, time and a wee dram or twa shall heal the pain!

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
24 Aug 09

Ah beetle my friend your self imposed abstention shall soon be over, the nightmare of leaving your queen en-prize at that famous game after some celebrations the night before shall be but a distant memory, time and a wee dram or twa shall heal the pain!
What do you mean "soon" my trusty feer, I have to wait until May 16🙁

But the celebrations, oh the celebrations, I love celebrations and all along wi a wee dram to soothe the pain whenever the position of my Queen permits it😵

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Aug 09

Originally posted by Proper Knob
There is no evidence to suggest at all that crop cirlces are the result of aliens, but massive amounts of evidence indicating they are man made. ie people owning up to them.

You still are yet to prduce any evidence regarding any of your assertions.
There is evidence to suggest that some crop circles are man made and others have an unknown origon.(There is a lot of unexplained stuff there. I dont believe people would be so gullible as to believe there is an unknown origon if there was not evidence to suggest it. Just google it and tell me honestly that they were all man made. And if so how?)

I'm not in the habit of producing evidence, I know.My best evidence for anything is personal experience. (I've dribbled on about my personel experiences.)

I am not a scientist but am quite happy for scientific explanations made by others. Like quantum. It has started proving what the bhuddists postulated 2500 years ago.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Aug 09

And every other mammal has not evolved quite the same way as every other mammal, the humans included. So what? Why should we have to replace the irrational religious concept of "god" with the irrational religious concept of "alliens that they designed the human race"?

Furthermore, the diversity of the opinions of the human beings is normal because ev ...[text shortened]... means of scientific finds and evidence and philosophy -and this procedure is fine with me😵
I do think the humans need to work out their own problems. Not be baby sat by aliens (or Jesus,for that matter).
Surely you are not going to lump us in with the rest of the mammals?

Which other mammal has the power to destroy the world?

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
24 Aug 09

Originally posted by karoly aczel
I do think the humans need to work out their own problems. Not be baby sat by aliens (or Jesus,for that matter).
Surely you are not going to lump us in with the rest of the mammals?

Which other mammal has the power to destroy the world?
Definately the Human has not the power to destroy the planet -for the time being we have merely the power to destroy the given environment of ours and to make our life, among with the life of the other sentient beings, insufferable to the hilt. To be frank, I think that the bees have more power than the Human to destroy the planet, for they can do it solely by sitting down quietly and pollinating not the countless herbs that they are necessary for the survival of the ecosystem in whole as we know it.

Also it seems to me that the power to destroy whatever, it has nothing to do with the origins of the mammals, human beings included. I think too that my life is not less or more precious for the planet than ie a dolphin's or a lobster's, and I do not assume that for our planet my life is not as valuable as the life of a rat merely because I follow a specific freezeframed attitude and I obey to my survival instict.

In addition, my delusion that my ego (which is an invention of my mind) is really separated from everything else and that it stands alone as an absolute truth, is solely a product of my dualistic approach and it has the same substance as every other common dream.

So I think that the Human is simply another animal, just another one of the countless manifestations of Life -nothing holy😵

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Aug 09

Definately the Human has not the power to destroy the planet -for the time being we have merely the power to destroy the given environment of ours and to make our life, among with the life of the other sentient beings, insufferable to the hilt. To be frank, I think that the bees have more power than the Human to destroy the planet, for they can do it so ...[text shortened]... imply another animal, just another one of the countless manifestations of Life -nothing holy😵
Yes, your take on it is refreshing,and I can find no fault.

I have often contradicted my own thinking on the subject of Humanity and its origons.
I do think that humans have something very special to offer to the planet. All life on the planet. But it always seems to come back to us first, and sorting out our own problems, before we can progress.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
24 Aug 09

Yes, your take on it is refreshing,and I can find no fault.

I have often contradicted my own thinking on the subject of Humanity and its origons.
I do think that humans have something very special to offer to the planet. All life on the planet. But it always seems to come back to us first, and sorting out our own problems, before we can progress.
Every part and every member of the observer known as "ecosystem" is valuable for it, but still the planet itself has nothing to "win" or to "lose" because of the specific ecosystem that we are aware of and which it may be partially or entirely destroyed due to a massive disaster or it may keep up transforming itself into a new manifestation of Life as a whole.

In your opinion, what is that undefined "very special" that the Human has, or can offer to our planet?
😵

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Aug 09

Every part and every member of the observer known as "ecosystem" is valuable for it, but still the planet itself has nothing to "win" or to "lose" because of the specific ecosystem that we are aware of and which it may be partially or entirely destroyed due to a massive disaster or it may keep up transforming itself into a new manifestation of Life as a ...[text shortened]... hat is that undefined "very special" that the Human has, or can offer to our planet?
😵
Hopefully give the rest of the life on this planet a break, by turning on our very large brains and living in harmony with the rest of the cosmos😵

(Thats just a sample answer from many others out there. 'Doing the biz' is definately more important than 'talking sophistry' here)

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
24 Aug 09

Hopefully give the rest of the life on this planet a break, by turning on our very large brains and living in harmony with the rest of the cosmos😵

(Thats just a sample answer from many others out there. 'Doing the biz' is definately more important than 'talking sophistry' here)
Cute -but who are the "others out there"?
😵

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
24 Aug 09

There is evidence to suggest that some crop circles are man made and others have an unknown origon.(There is a lot of unexplained stuff there. I dont believe people would be so gullible as to believe there is an unknown origon if there was not evidence to suggest it. Just google it and tell me honestly that they were all man made. And if so how?)

I ...[text shortened]... by others. Like quantum. It has started proving what the bhuddists postulated 2500 years ago.
Let me put this to you another way.

If aliens are responsible for some crop-circles, lets look at what we know. Our nearest sloar system is Proxima Centauri which is 4.2 light years away, meaning that if we have been visitied our visitors will have travelled an awfully long way. Which would therefore indicate they are far more technologically advanced than we are. So why would a technologically advanced race travel through space to make pretty patterns in our crop fields in the middle of the night?