1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Aug '22 09:222 edits
    @mchill said
    I've noticed a number of atheists and agnostics here overthinking Christianity.
    If you believe that you do not "have the capacity to understand even a fraction of [your God figure's] knowledge and power", then what ideas exactly do you believe you are offering to non-believers that they then "overthink", aside from religious narratives and moral assertions that just so happen to appeal to your imagination?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Aug '22 10:03
    @moonbus said
    Or not enough of the right kind. In any case, Christianity itself invites and incites overthinking. It comes with having a doctrine. A religion with no doctrine does not have this problem.
    Christianity invites us to think it is one of the pillars of the Biblical doctrines. Jesus
    said the truth would set us free, not our opinions about this, that, or the other thing.
    God invites us to reason together; many of the things written in scripture were
    there so we could know.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Aug '22 12:491 edit
    @mike69 said
    I asked you specific questions in my last post in a specific manner for the understanding of one another for growth of each if possible in unity, directness, which I prefer, without bad intent.

Without the things I mentioned at the bottom of that post.

Could you please reread and answer in this manner in your own words without the use of misc. thoughts to deceive and w ...[text shortened]... ility to be open with one another and not be insulted at all on a subject for growth, if this helps.
    You did not ask questions. You asked a single question ... It’s a very important prayer also used to be a structure for our own personal prayers. You, do you feel this prayer has all power over all prayers? It is a vague and pointless question which I will not waste time answering

Now, the opening post contains a prayer that has statements which run contrary to the teachings of Christ. Hence the danger involved in praying without using the guidelines laid out by Jesus Christ
  4. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    17 Aug '22 16:42
    @rajk999 said
    You did not ask questions. You asked a single question ... It’s a very important prayer also used to be a structure for our own personal prayers. You, do you feel this prayer has all power over all prayers? It is a vague and pointless question which I will not waste time answering

Now, the opening post contains a prayer that has statements which run contrary to ...[text shortened]... Christ. Hence the danger involved in praying without using the guidelines laid out by Jesus Christ
    Next
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    17 Aug '22 18:51
    @kellyjay said
    Christianity invites us to think it is one of the pillars of the Biblical doctrines. Jesus
    said the truth would set us free, not our opinions about this, that, or the other thing.
    God invites us to reason together; many of the things written in scripture were
    there so we could know.
    You put the cart before the horse. Christianity is not based on the Bible. The Bible is based on Christianity.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Aug '22 22:15
    @moonbus said
    You put the cart before the horse. Christianity is not based on the Bible. The Bible is based on Christianity.
    We get the foundational truth about Christ from scripture, Christianity didn't come
    and then we got the Bible.
  7. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    18 Aug '22 00:051 edit
    @moonbus said
    The Torah preceded and precedes our Cosmos.

Everything else is green bean casserole. And pod people.
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    18 Aug '22 20:11
    @kellyjay said
    We get the foundational truth about Christ from scripture, Christianity didn't come
    and then we got the Bible.
    Then how do you explain how Christianity survived the first three centuries after Jesus before the canon was established at the council of Nicea?
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Aug '22 22:38
    @moonbus said
    Then how do you explain how Christianity survived the first three centuries after Jesus before the canon was established at the council of Nicea?
    Do you think an organization was required if God was in the beginning?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Aug '22 05:33
    @kellyjay said
    Do you think an organization was required if God was in the beginning?
    Answer his question KellyJay.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Aug '22 09:58
    @divegeester said
    Answer his question KellyJay.
    I did.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Aug '22 09:59
    @kellyjay said
    I did.
    Stop being dishonest it belittles you and your version of god.

You ASKED him a question, you didn’t answer his.
  13. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    19 Aug '22 13:59
    @mchill said
    I've noticed a number of atheists and agnostics here overthinking Christianity. Some with genuine questions, and some with the intention of discrediting it. I don't claim to have answers to all your questions, but the prayer used in my church sums up our relationship to God. Rather than overthinking it all, you might consider the fact that none of us has all the facts and that ...[text shortened]... , so that we may delight in your will and walk in your ways, to the glory of your holy name. Amen 🙂
    We don't 'have' to take anything on faith, it's a choice we make, and for some of us unthinking faith isn't enough. Proclamations are made here regarding the 'truth' and 'reality', which don't stand up to even the mildest moral, ethical, scientific or intellectual analysis or questioning. I don't think anyone here would deny anyone else the right to believe whatever they want, it's when it's presented as anything other than belief or faith that people have the right to ask for justification.
  14. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    19 Aug '22 14:10
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Aug '22 16:18
    @divegeester said
    Stop being dishonest it belittles you and your version of god.

You ASKED him a question, you didn’t answer his.
    God doesn’t require an organization, the work of God is done by God, not man. The only exception to that is His directing us, for His purposes!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree