1. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Aug '21 12:38
    @eladar said
    Bragging? Simply stating truth is bragging?

Ok if you say so.
    In the law of Moses adultery and homosexuality carried the same punishment of being stoned to death. John 8 records an incident with which all people are familiar [maybe not you]. A group of Scribes and Pharisees [who Jesus referred to as evil many times], came to Jesus and asking his advice on what to do as the Law of Moses requires death by stoning, same as in the case of homosexuality which you are now referencing. Jesus stopped them from stoning the woman. It is an evil act. If Jesus was like you, he would recommend that the woman be stoned to death. But Jesus is not like you and you are far from Him as well. You are closer to the Scribes and Pharisees who were condemned by Christ, for their focus on the trivial matters of the Law of Moses and the weightier matter of justice and mercy were ignored.

As for you promoting the truth, you are mistaken. There is only one truth which the Christian is required to promote and that is the teachings of Christ. You would find no resemblance between what you preach and what Christ preached. This thread is an excellent example your fanatical attraction with sin and punishment. Jesus on the other hand preached charity, good works, righteousness. You are on same path as the Pharisees to damnation.
  2. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    29 Aug '21 12:46
    @eladar said
    You certainly are a bad mind reader. But hey, you are welcome to your opinion, not surprising it is wrong.
    Oh so you are gay? Well, colour me surprised.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '21 12:46
    @rajk999 said
    In the law of Moses adultery and homosexuality carried the same punishment of being stoned to death. John 8 records an incident with which all people are familiar [maybe not you]. A group of Scribes and Pharisees [who Jesus referred to as evil many times], came to Jesus and asking his advice on what to do as the Law of Moses requires death by stoning, same as in the case of ...[text shortened]... and preached charity, good works, righteousness. You are on same path as the Pharisees to damnation.
    The teachings of Jesus includes instruction to reject sexual immorality, of which homosexuality is one.

Jesus' words from Mark 7

For from within, out of the hearts of people, come the evil thoughts, acts of sexual immorality, thefts, murders, acts of adultery, 22 deeds of greed, wickedness, deceit, indecent behavior, envy, slander,pride, and foolishness. 23 All these evil things come from within and defile the person.”

I only point out homosexuality because that is one sexually immoral act many groups of Christians claim is not sinful.

Are you one of those Christians?
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '21 12:50
    @avalanchethecat said
    Oh so you are gay? Well, colour me surprised.
    You are consistent in your misjudgment. I am guessing you are just trying to have fun. I guess you have nothing better to do than to chime into a discussion that you were never part.

This is a thread about the Bible. I would never chime I to give my opinion about the Koran or about Buddhism. I do not see why you would enter a discussion about the Bible.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Aug '21 12:53
    When I harp on how HARSH the punishment was for a certain sin that sometimes carries with it a assumption. That assumption is that by mustering up enough revulsion and anger I on my own human energy can overcome sinning.

This method I have found not successful being victorious.
    At least it is not nearly enough. The Christian can despise sins very much. This will not furnish the supply to resist all the time. For sin is deceitful - "the deceitfulness of sin" and a temporary addicting pleasure.

Looking away unto Jesus is far more supplying.
    Gazing at what Jesus is in His perfection.
    Looking away to the Author and Perfecter of our faith grants grace to flow in and
    energize one to be victorious.

You may seethe with anger and muster up much hatred for sinning.
    But it is too powerful.
    Had the hatred for sinning been enough to overcome Christ would not have had
    to come and die, rise and impart His Holy life giving Spirit into men and women.

You must deepen your appreciation for Jesus.
    Praise Him continually that He is everything that we are not.
    Thank Him that He is the only one in the universe absolute for the will of His
    Father.

Sure, we are repulsed by sins . . . sometimes. But we can obtain victory over sinning only by taking Christ, applying the living and available Lord Jesus. He is the Overcomer and the Victor. He is the Conqueror over every sin.

Look away to Jesus.

"Looking away unto Jesus, the Author and Perfecter of our faith . . . " (Heb. 12:2)
  6. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    29 Aug '21 12:571 edit
    @eladar said
    You are consistent in your misjudgment. I am guessing you are just trying to have fun. I guess you have nothing better to do than to chime into a discussion that you were never part.

This is a thread about the Bible. I would never chime I to give my opinion about the Koran or about Buddhism. I do not see why you would enter a discussion about the Bible.
    If you would like to have a discussion in private, I'd suggest you don't do so on a public forum. Otherwise, particularly when you espouse such vile and bigoted opinions as those to which you ascribe, you'll find all sorts of people will join in.
  7. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    29 Aug '21 12:581 edit
    @eladar said
    As Jesus said, let the one without sin cast the first stone. Jesus was foretelling the doom of such sinners at the hands of God.
    He didnt actually, that is a spurious scripture.
  8. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    29 Aug '21 13:11
    I had a very good frend who was a hermaphrodite; my heart goes out to these as they seem to be in a no win situation?
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '21 13:13
    @medullah said
    So what is wrong with John 8:7?

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John%208%3A7&version=NASB
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '21 13:151 edit
    @medullah said
    I had a very good frend who was a hermaphrodite; my heart goes out to these as they seem to be in a no win situation?
    Yes, it is difficult, but really no more difficult for a person who is in a marriage where the spouse is unwilling to have sex.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '21 13:20
    @avalanchethecat said
    If you would like to have a discussion in private, I'd suggest you don't do so on a public forum. Otherwise, particularly when you espouse such vile and bigoted opinions as those to which you ascribe, you'll find all sorts of people will join in.
    Why is pointing out what the Bible says inappropriate for a spirituality forum. If you do not like the topic, do not open the thread. Quit trying to be so controlling.

Oh I forgot, people like you believe you have rights while other people do not.
  12. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    29 Aug '21 13:24
    @eladar said
    Why is pointing out what the Bible says inappropriate for a spirituality forum. If you do not like the topic, do not open the thread. Quit trying to be so controlling.

Oh I forgot, people like you believe you have rights while other people do not.
    You are perfectly free to continue to post about your twisted interpretation of Christianity. And everybody else is perfectly free to call you a vile, hateful bigot. You see how this works?
  13. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    29 Aug '21 13:278 edits
    @medullah said
    So how many Holy Scriptures from the Bible do you find spurious? I'd like to hear your supposed advanced knowledge of the Bible that gives you the right to pick and choose, and preach and teach, what scriptures are real, and which are spurious.
    BTW I'm not taking sides here in this thread. I just would like to know where you get the false pride to call some scripture real, and some fake.
    did Jesus really die on the cross for our sins, or are those scriptures spurious? Better yet, was Jesus resurrected, or are those scriptures spurious? We could go on and on with this one.
    Also, I know of the controversy surrounding this portion of scriptures.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '21 13:27
    @avalanchethecat said
    You are perfectly free to continue to post about your twisted interpretation of Christianity. And everybody else is perfectly free to call you a vile, hateful bigot. You see how this works?
    Quoting scripture = twisted. Gotcha
  15. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    29 Aug '21 18:11
    @eladar said
    Yes, it is difficult, but really no more difficult for a person who is in a marriage where the spouse is unwilling to have sex.
    I’d never really thought about it that way.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree