Opposition to Truth

Opposition to Truth

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
22 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
You've even put it on your Profile page. It's not "sinister" at all. It's telling. Like I say, you so often sell yourself short. 🙂
Indeed I have after informing my friend stellspalfie, he promised to do the same but has so far neglected to do so. You are once again making mountains out of mole hills.

rc

Moves
22 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Why are you "taunting" stellspalfie with one post and then suggesting people move their "instinctive focus away from personalities" in another?
no reason, I just like the sound of them, especially the latter. I was so tickled by it that I even put that on my profile as well.

F

Moves
22 Apr 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Indeed I have after informing my friend stellspalfie, he promised to do the same but has so far neglected to do so. You are once again making mountains out of mole hills.
The fact that you have put it on your Profile page and now quoted it on a thread about "Opposition to Truth" has got nothing really to do with stellspalfie, and has, instead, got everything to do with you and your purported allegiance to the aforementioned "Truth". When you posted "the 'truth' is irrelevant - stellspalfie" a coupleof posts ago, if you didn't want anyone to comment on the fact that you had posted it, you should have added a little note saying 'please don't comment on the fact that I have posted this'. 🙂

rc

Moves
22 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
The fact that you have put it on your Profile page and now quoted it on a thread about "Opposition to Truth" has got nothing really to do with stellspalfie, and has, instead, got everything to do with you and your purported allegiance to the aforementioned "Truth". When you posted "the 'truth' is irrelevant - stellspalfie" a coupleof posts ago, if you didn't wan ...[text shortened]... have added a little note saying 'please don't comment on the fact that I have posted this'. 🙂
so you believe your own propaganda, whats new?

rc

Moves
22 Apr 14
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
The fact that you have put it on your Profile page and now quoted it on a thread about "Opposition to Truth" has got nothing really to do with stellspalfie, and has, instead, got everything to do with you and your purported allegiance to the aforementioned "Truth". When you posted "the 'truth' is irrelevant - stellspalfie" a coupleof posts ago, if you didn't wan ...[text shortened]... have added a little note saying 'please don't comment on the fact that I have posted this'. 🙂
are you miffed because Bobby summed you up succinctly in a single sentence? I would be too if I got zinged like that.

F

Moves
22 Apr 14

are you miffed because Bobby summed you up succinctly in a sentence? I would be too if I got zinged like that.
No, not miffed at all. My points over the last few posts have been about the way you use that stellspalfie 'quote' and what it reveals. You said "he promised to do the same but has so far neglected to do so", but knowing him as I do, I doubt he would quote you out of context as you have done to score points in a "taunting" thing, as you have put it. I think he'd just quote you clearly, honestly and in context, if he wanted to.

L

Moves
22 Apr 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Originally posted by LemonJello (Page 5)
The very obvious thing you fail to appreciate is that in normal parlance, lying implies the presence of the intention to deceive. Therefore, in circumstances wherein one is said to have lied, or wherein one is called a liar, it normally carries impugnment of one's character or motivations, at least to the ...[text shortened]... hic word to describe today's processed food. I also like Interrobang!? coined a few decades ago.
😴

Moves
23 Apr 14

no reason, I just like the sound of them, especially the latter. I was so tickled by it that I even put that on my profile as well.
i seem to remember you quoting 'the truth is irrelevant' back at me on several occasions in response to me suggesting you have said something ridiculous or illogical. clearly taking the context out of my quote to indicate i have also said something ridiculous. which is misrepresenting me on purpose.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Apr 14

Originally posted by stellspalfie
i seem to remember you quoting 'the truth is irrelevant' back at me on several occasions in response to me suggesting you have said something ridiculous or illogical. clearly taking the context out of my quote to indicate i have also said something ridiculous. which is misrepresenting me on purpose.
I totally agree stel tell Robbie to spin.

Moves
23 Apr 14

robbie, spin on it.

F

Moves
24 Apr 14

Originally posted by stellspalfie
clearly taking the context out of my quote to indicate i have also said something ridiculous. which is misrepresenting me on purpose.
He is misrepresenting you on purpose ~ yes, this was what I meant with my first post on this matter. He seemed to concede that it was him "misrepresenting" you when he admitted it was him simply "taunting" you. It's ironic [or perhaps self-oblivious] that he would post this on a thread called "Opposition to Truth". 😀

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
28 Apr 14

Originally posted by LemonJello
😴
“The vast majority of human beings dislike and even actually dread all notions with which they are not familiar... Hence it comes about that at their first appearance innovators have generally been persecuted, and always derided as fools and madmen.” -Aldous Huxley

F

Moves
28 Apr 14

“The vast majority of human beings dislike and even actually dread all notions with which they are not familiar... Hence it comes about that at their first appearance innovators have generally been persecuted, and always derided as fools and madmen.” -Aldous Huxley
With yet another defensive/evasive quotation, are you perchance casting yourself as one of the "innovators" on this Forum/Thread? 🙂

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
28 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
With yet another defensive/evasive quotation, are you perchance casting yourself as one of the "innovators" on this Forum/Thread? 🙂
If online public forum protocol requires more than a Huxley quote in reply to a lone Smiley, my apology.

F

Moves
28 Apr 14

If online public forum protocol requires more than a Huxley quote in reply to a lone Smiley, my apology.
Are you casting yourself as one of the "innovators"? Do you see yourself as "persecuted"?