Opposition to Truth

Opposition to Truth

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
22 Apr 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Any particular points in your "comments" you believe I've "ignored"? Great counterpoint quotation format: 'Subjective opinions, half truths, falsehoods, purposeful distortions, overt lies do not cease to exist because they are ignored.' ~anon
The "quotation" ~ "Subjective opinions, half truths, falsehoods, purposeful distortions, overt lies do not cease to exist because they are ignored" gets zero hits on Google. Presumably you are trying to characterize ~ in your typically furtive way ~ efforts to engage you in debate which you find inconvenient as "subjective opinions, half truths, falsehoods, purposeful distortions, overt lies". Was the "anon" you typed at the end an example of "false information"?

F

Moves
22 Apr 14

If you wish to have conversation, please ratchet your instinctive focus away from personalities to Truth and its Opposition.
You're still dodging the point blank example and question.

F

Moves
22 Apr 14
1 edit

FMF; Agerg; Great King Rat; twhitehead; and wolfgang59 if you have thoughts on the topic that refrain from indulging in personal attack and are free from an agenda which seeks to garner peer approval rating points please post them. Thanks.
Perhaps it is you, Grampy Bobby ~ if you actually do wish to have a proper conversation [it's all too often apparent that you do not... so often taking refuge behind long lists of quotations] ~ who should ratchet your instinctive focus away from personalities and to discussion of the topic at hand instead.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
22 Apr 14
2 edits

Originally posted by LemonJello
Well, I see that you have once again basically ignored my comments, per your usual MO.

I guess as a creature of ersatz inquiry and understanding, you thrive more on platitudes and the like. Well, then, here you go: "Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." --Huxley.
“But I suppose the most revolutionary act one can engage in is... to tell the truth.”
-Howard Zinn, Marx in Soho: A Play on History

“If an offense come out of the truth, better is it that the offense come than that the truth be concealed.”
-Thomas Hardy, Tess of the d'Urbervilles

“The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie. "One word of truth outweighs the world.”
-Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

“Proclaim the truth and do not be silent through fear.”
-Catherine of Siena

Everything you add to the truth subtracts from the truth. When truth is discovered by someone else, it loses something of its attractiveness." -Alexander Solzhenitsyn.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie (deliberate, contrived, and dishonest) but the myth (persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic)." -John F. Kennedy.

“No man means all he says, and yet very few say all they mean, for words are slippery and thought is viscous.”
-Henry Adams, The Education of Henry Adams

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
22 Apr 14

“But I suppose the most revolutionary act one can engage in is... to tell the truth.”
-Howard Zinn, Marx in Soho: A Play on History

“If an offense come out of the truth, better is it that the offense come than that the truth be concealed.”
-Thomas Hardy, Tess of the d'Urbervilles

“The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take ...[text shortened]... an, for words are slippery and thought is viscous.”
-Henry Adams, The Education of Henry Adams
Cut
Paste
Dodge
Cut
Paste
Dodge

rc

Moves
22 Apr 14

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Cut
Paste
Dodge
Cut
Paste
Dodge
Sometimes the only way to win is not to play the game.😵

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
22 Apr 14

The Truth shall prevail.

rc

Moves
22 Apr 14

If you wish to have conversation, please ratchet your instinctive focus away from personalities to Truth and its Opposition.

Amen to that brutha!

rc

Moves
22 Apr 14

the 'truth' is irrelevant - stellspalfie

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
22 Apr 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Sometimes the only way to win is not to play the game.😵
"War Games" 1978? with "Joshua" the Gigantic Mainframe. Defcon 5... lol

rc

Moves
22 Apr 14
1 edit

"War Games" 1978? with "Joshua" the Gigantic Mainframe. Defcon 5... lol
Defcon 5 alright! 😀

F

Moves
22 Apr 14
1 edit

the 'truth' is irrelevant - stellspalfie
You have removed the context from these words, deliberately. I know you merely want to land a "personalized" one on stellspalfie's chin with this "quote", but it's a pity.

It's a pity that this apparent motivation on your part has ended up trumping your allegiance to the truth of the matter ~ in terms of stellspalfie's words, and what was being discussed. I have read enough stuff by you in the Debates Forum to be pretty sure you most likely actually agree with what was, after all, stellspalfie's wistful and rather ironic observation on the shabby realities of this tabloid 24/7 news cycle world [hence his use of inverted commas for the word 'truth'].

But hey, why let the fact that his observation was spot on ~ and that you surely concur with him ~ stand in the way of snipping the above 4 words and trying to score points?

You sell yourself short too often, robbie. 🙂

rc

Moves
22 Apr 14
3 edits

Originally posted by FMF
You have removed the context from these words, deliberately. I know you merely want to land a "personalized" one on stellspalfie's chin with this "quote", but it's a pity.

It's a pity that this apparent motivation on your part has ended up trumping your allegiance to the truth of the matter ~ in terms of stellspalfie's words, and what was being discussed. I h ...[text shortened]... the above 4 words and trying to score points?

You sell yourself short too often, robbie. 🙂
If you wish to have conversation, please ratchet your instinctive focus away from personalities to Truth and its Opposition.😵

stellspalfie and myself are quite aware of what has transpired and its nothing as sinister as you are trying to make out! its a mere taunting effhim, he has been given license to do exactly the same to my words! and has threatened to do so on one occasion that comes to mind, so please lighten up for goodness sake.

F

Moves
22 Apr 14

stellspalfie and myself are quite aware of what has transpired and its nothing as sinister as you are trying to make out! its a mere taunting effhim, he has been given license to do exactly the same to my words! and has threatened to do so on one occasion that comes to mind, so please lighten up for goodness sake.
You've even put it on your Profile page. It's not "sinister" at all. It's telling. Like I say, you so often sell yourself short. 🙂

F

Moves
22 Apr 14

If you wish to have conversation, please ratchet your instinctive focus away from personalities to Truth and its Opposition.😵
Why are you "taunting" stellspalfie with one post and then suggesting people move their "instinctive focus away from personalities" in another?