Off My Chest

Off My Chest

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Jul 11

Originally posted by josephw
Good question joe. I don't mean that condescendingly either.

The Bible says that [b]"...faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen".
The question now is what does that mean?

My experience tells me that the correct meaning of any particular verse in the Bible is found in it's application. One needs to dissect the ver ...[text shortened]... n illusion. True faith is understanding and wisdom, and the path to wholeness of mind.[/b]
I don't think the faith of christians are working out that well, the planet is going to hell in a handbasket with wild climate swings, Muslims are killing christians in Africa and the far east, the present US economy is in the toilet, the days of world leadership in the US is waning.

I would think if faith had a basis in fact, none of those things would be happening.

You might think 'god is testing our faith' but the way things are going we may end up just offing billions of people with no end in sight.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Jul 11

Originally posted by sonhouse
I don't think the faith of christians are working out that well, the planet is going to hell in a handbasket with wild climate swings, Muslims are killing christians in Africa and the far east, the present US economy is in the toilet, the days of world leadership in the US is waning.

I would think if faith had a basis in fact, none of those things would ...[text shortened]... t the way things are going we may end up just offing billions of people with no end in sight.
These things are NOT due to Christians having faith. Christians have faith in spite of these things. These things are of Satan, because he's pressed for time because the end of days is near.

If all Christians had all the faith they are capable of, it would still not stop Satan's campaign to own the world and all people on it. It is written that these things MUST happen before the end.

"And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what [shall be] the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all [these things] must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these [are] the beginning of sorrows. Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved." -- Matthew 24:3-13

I do agree with you on one point. It will get much worse before it gets better. It won't be the Christians' fault though, even though many will blame them. Satan will see to that. And yes, billions will die. But the good news is that yes, there will come an end to it when Christ returns.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Jul 11
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
I believe God started off everything with putting His laws in place at the
same time He created the heavens and the earth. He then prepared
earth for life and created plants, then animals in the sea, and then the birds
and land animals. Finally, He made mankind in His likeness to be able to
create and make new things and to care after what He had made e aware of it equally as much
as they are made aware of the atheist propaganda in the schools.
But do you think he waved His magic wand and POOF, POOF, POOF these things happened? What are millions, or even billions, of years to God?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Jul 11

Originally posted by 667joe
You know god made everything, but you don't know how he got here. Amazing!🙄
The Almighty God is not to be known by Man. In fact, we CANNOT "know" God. Man cannot look upon the face of God and live, why do you think that we should know how He got here? Furthermore, why should He tell us?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Jul 11

Originally posted by Suzianne
But do you think he waved His magic wand and POOF, POOF, POOF these things happened? What are millions, or even billions, of years to God?
I think He spoke everything He created into existence. He did not need a
magic wand. He had the power of His mind and voice to do as He pleased.
The ideas were created in His mind, then He spoke in such a way that the
sound waves formed what He had envisioned. There was no need for
millions of years to do it. It was all done in just a few days just like the
Holy Bible says.

Maryland

Moves
15 Jul 11

The Almighty God is not to be known by Man. In fact, we CANNOT "know" God. Man cannot look upon the face of God and live, why do you think that we should know how He got here? Furthermore, why should He tell us?
You are avoiding the question. If you don't know how god got here, why should I believe you know how anything else got here?

Maryland

Moves
15 Jul 11

Man cannot look at the face of god because there is no god!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Jul 11

Man cannot look at the face of god because there is no god!
Then who could have created the heavens and the earth, since scienc
agrees that they have not always existed?

Maryland

Moves
16 Jul 11

Then who could have created the heavens and the earth, since scienc
agrees that they have not always existed?
A better question would be "what created the heavens?" By the way, everything in the earth was at one time in a star. In fact every atom in your body was at one time in a star. This is what science tells us. So, in actuality, a star is responsible for your creation! 😉

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Jul 11

A better question would be "what created the heavens?" By the way, everything in the earth was at one time in a star. In fact every atom in your body was at one time in a star. This is what science tells us. So, in actuality, a star is responsible for your creation! 😉
The Holy Bible answers that question. God did it. Don't belive that
star nonsense. It is not true. Believe the truth of the Holy Bible, not
the speculation os a few men.

Maryland

Moves
16 Jul 11

The Holy Bible answers that question. God did it. Don't belive that
star nonsense. It is not true. Believe the truth of the Holy Bible, not
the speculation os a few men.
After the big bang, the universe was hydrogen and helium which by gravity condensed into stars. Once enough pressure developed, nuclear reactions started turning hydrogen and helium into all the heavier elements making the stars denser and denser. As the easier nuclear fuel got used up the stars became so dense that they exploded seeding the area with heavier elements that became planets and, eventually by evolution, you and me. We are star stuff. This is scientific fact. Your statement is lamentable blather. Sorry. For you to say otherwise is like a child who 100% believes in Santa Claus.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Jul 11

After the big bang, the universe was hydrogen and helium which by gravity condensed into stars. Once enough pressure developed, nuclear reactions started turning hydrogen and helium into all the heavier elements making the stars denser and denser. As the easier nuclear fuel got used up the stars became so dense that they exploded seeding the area with hea ...[text shortened]... able blather. Sorry. For you to say otherwise is like a child who 100% believes in Santa Claus.
Nothing you said in your post is "scientific" or any other kind of fact.
It is all speculations from the imaginations of the minds of ungodly men.
Read the Holy Bible for the facts.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 Jul 11

So who is going to hell for not believing?

Maryland

Moves
16 Jul 11

Again, have you ever had a course in physics or genetics? The bible has some interesting fables an an occasional moral principle, but it was written thousands of years ago by people who did the best they could at the time, but would you want to see a surgeon who was trained 2000 years ago, or even fifty years ago? I don't think so. You can stick with the ancients if you want, but I will go with modern science every time. It's true science makes mistakes, but science always tries to correct itself. By the way, are you anti gay, do you think men should have multiple wives, are you anti stem cell research, are you in favor of no birth control, are you anti vaccination? How come you can see the falsities in all other belief systems but don't apply the same thinking to your own. ?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Jul 11

Originally posted by sonhouse
So who is going to hell for not believing?
Satan and his angels and the ungodly.