Off My Chest

Off My Chest

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maryland

Moves
07 Jul 11

As an atheist, I generally avoid going into churches. Sometimes, though, it is unavoidable such as for weddings and funerals. Every time I go , though, I leave with an unclean feeling. This is because I think of all the lies and untruths, all of the bloodshed, the torturing of innocent (witches and unbelievers),the anti gay propaganda, child molestation, human sacrifice, drinking of blood and eating of flesh (even though it's symbolic), the blocking of stem cell research, etc. etc.

I am glad to get this off my chest!

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
07 Jul 11

Originally posted by 667joe
As an atheist, I generally avoid going into churches. Sometimes, though, it is unavoidable such as for weddings and funerals. Every time I go , though, I leave with an unclean feeling. This is because I think of all the lies and untruths, all of the bloodshed, the torturing of innocent (witches and unbelievers),the anti gay propaganda, child molestation, ...[text shortened]... olic), the blocking of stem cell research, etc. etc.

But are not atheist also gulity of these things?

D

St. Peter's

Moves
07 Jul 11
1 edit

As an atheist, I generally avoid going into churches. Sometimes, though, it is unavoidable such as for weddings and funerals. Every time I go , though, I leave with an unclean feeling. This is because I think of all the lies and untruths, all of the bloodshed, the torturing of innocent (witches and unbelievers),the anti gay propaganda, child molestation, olic), the blocking of stem cell research, etc. etc.

either that or you are dealing with some personal latent guilt...whatever...

Maryland

Moves
07 Jul 11

Originally posted by galveston75
But are not atheist also gulity of these things?
So far, I have not molested any children or burned any one at the stake.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Jul 11

As an atheist, I generally avoid going into churches. Sometimes, though, it is unavoidable such as for weddings and funerals. Every time I go , though, I leave with an unclean feeling. This is because I think of all the lies and untruths, all of the bloodshed, the torturing of innocent (witches and unbelievers),the anti gay propaganda, child molestation, ...[text shortened]... olic), the blocking of stem cell research, etc. etc.

Do you feel the greed, exploitation, incompetence, corporate fraud, and 'funny hand-shake' network every time you go into a bank?

Maryland

Moves
07 Jul 11

Originally posted by divegeester
Do you feel the greed, exploitation, incompetence, corporate fraud, and 'funny hand-shake' network every time you go into a bank?
Yes, but with a bank, I know that their purpose is to make money, and they are not hypocrites about it. Churches, however, are wolves in sheep's clothing. Some bankers may molest children, but not under the guise of their official duties.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Jul 11

Charles Darwin discovered a love of killing. He wrote, "How well I remember
killing my first snipe. My excitement was so great that I had difficulty in
reloading my gun from the trembling of my hands. This taste continued
long, and I became a very good shot."

Sigmund Freud believed that a female is a failed boy and a woman, a castrated
man. He also believed that faith in God was a primative belief in an archetypal
father and that giving credence to immortality was an attempt to compensate
for man's earthly inadequacies. As a result of accidently seeing his naked
mother, Freud became obsessed with an incestuous conquest of her and rivalry
with his father. This desire to have sex with his mother, coupled with a disdain
for his father, led him to the predictable conclusion that all boys desire to have
sex with their mothers and to kill their fathers.

Friedrich Nietzsche wrote, "Man shall be trained for war, and woman for the
recreation of the warrior: all else is folly." And, "Thou goest to women! Do not
forget thy whip." Nietzsche spent his later years a victum of syphilis and an
obsessively bi-sexual life. Nietzsche also wrote, "I call Christianity the one
great curse, the one great innermost corruption, the one great instinct of
revenge . . . I call it the one immortal blemish of mankind."

Only three examples of what Atheism has produced in our society.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Jul 11
1 edit

Yes, but with a bank, I know that their purpose is to make money, and they are not hypocrites about it. Churches, however, are wolves in sheep's clothing. Some bankers may molest children, but not under the guise of their official duties.
So it's ok to molest children as long as you don't pretend you're not doing it?

Maryland

Moves
07 Jul 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
Charles Darwin discovered a love of killing. He wrote, "How well I remember
killing my first snipe. My excitement was so great that I had difficulty in
reloading my gun from the trembling of my hands. This taste continued
long, and I became a very good shot."

Sigmund Freud believed that a female is a failed boy and a woman, a castrated
man. He als ...[text shortened]... lemish of mankind."

Only three examples of what Atheism has produced in our society.
There are religious people guilty of all the 3 things you listed. Years ago, for example, a woman in Texas drowned all of her children to be sure they went to heaven.

Moves
07 Jul 11

That's too bad. Weddings and funerals are for the family and friends, gathered to honor, celebrate, commemorate, and/or support, in a major event of life. I hope you get to the point where these other associations don't intrude. You aren't asking for advice or to be analyzed, and I don't know if I have anything to say on that, so, best wishes.

Maryland

Moves
07 Jul 11

Originally posted by JS357
That's too bad. Weddings and funerals are for the family and friends, gathered to honor, celebrate, commemorate, and/or support, in a major event of life. I hope you get to the point where these other associations don't intrude. You aren't asking for advice or to be analyzed, and I don't know if I have anything to say on that, so, best wishes.
Thank you!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Jul 11

Lol

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
07 Jul 11

I didn't mean you, just in general.

Maryland

Moves
07 Jul 11

Originally posted by galveston75
I didn't mean you, just in general.
I was just pointing out that people are capable of doing good and bad whether they are religious or atheists. No one has a corner on either market.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 Jul 11

I was just pointing out that people are capable of doing good and bad whether they are religious or atheists. No one has a corner on either market.
Okay, I think you have your head in the right place now with this last
statement. Now you don't need to avoid churches anymore than any
other place, since you realize that you can find good and bad anywhere
there are people.