not religeous

not religeous

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Oct 18

my wife is a devout roman catholic, me atheist (christened protestant) my wife says that when we die she and all other RCs are bound for heaven and the rest including me will reside in limbo.

Maryland

Moves
05 Oct 18

The Catholics say the Protestants will not go to heaven, and the Protestants say the Catholics will not go to heaven. Of course, they are both correct!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Oct 18
2 edits

The Catholics say the Protestants will not go to heaven, and the Protestants say the Catholics will not go to heaven. Of course, they are both correct!

Could you produce some historical creedal statements from either denominational group stating such a matter ?

Or is this just your hearsay generalization that sounds good?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Oct 18
1 edit

@badradger said
my wife is a devout roman catholic, me atheist (christened protestant) my wife says that when we die she and all other RCs are bound for heaven and the rest including me will reside in limbo.
I expect she will be glad to finally see the back of you.

She also needs to keep up to date with the changing catholic doctrine on the matter.

https://www.catholic.org/news/hf/faith/story.php?id=51077

F

Moves
05 Oct 18

@sonship said

Could you produce some historical creedal statements from either denominational group stating such a matter ?

Or is this just your hearsay generalization that sounds good?
Has Jesus already tossed your sense of humour into The Lake Of Fire?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Oct 18

@divegeester said
I expect she will be glad to finally see the back of you.

She also needs to keep up to date with the changing catholic doctrine on the matter.

https://www.catholic.org/news/hf/faith/story.php?id=51077
she nearly saw the back of me 5 weeks back when I keeled over with a HA, I don't know who would look after her as I am her registered carer, been together since 1970, so I think all things considered she just might not like to see the back of me just yet.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
05 Oct 18

waiting to goto heaven until you die is kinda stupid. imho.

Moves
05 Oct 18

I am not at all religious although bought up in a Methodist home environment. However from the knowledge of the various religions I have accumulated during my lifetime, it seems to me that the Quakers need only to replace the idea of communing with God with communing with their own concience and they have cracked it.

w

Moves
05 Oct 18

@karoly-aczel said
waiting to goto heaven until you die is kinda stupid. imho.
Killing yourself to get there is even more stupid.

IMHO!

w

Moves
05 Oct 18
1 edit

@fmf said
Has Jesus already tossed your sense of humour into The Lake Of Fire?
Please don't upset Dive with such comments.

No Dive, no one is tossing his sense of humor into an eternal Lake of Fire.

F

Moves
05 Oct 18

@whodey said
Please don't upset Dive with such comments.
The quip was addressed to sonship. It's about his reaction to Great Big Stees' comment.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Oct 18

I know. Pleased to see you recovered and back posting with new fun outlook.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Oct 18

I find it a constant source of interest how Christians like yourself will glibly post frivolous comments about the premeditated never-ending mass torture of billions of people.

S. Korea

Moves
05 Oct 18

@badradger said
That is cool that she knows this interpretation of it.

And it is not like... a bad interpretation, all things considered.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Oct 18

@divegeester said
I know. Pleased to see you recovered and back posting with new fun outlook.
Your posts are a lot of fun too, tiger, when you’re not drinking.

But when you’ve got a belly full of ale, your posts get very nasty - especially when you don’t have a PB&J sandwich in your tummy to soak up all the alcohol.

And if you’ve had no PB&J sandwich AND all the pub trollops have rejected you, then your rage is uncontrollable.

You’re a handful!