Nostradamus and the  End

Nostradamus and the End

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
01 Jul 09

Back in the mid seventies I bought a book called Centuries by the great prophet Nostradamus. I found a phrase referring to the "fall of the lady" as a sure sign of the end coming within 3 years. The translator interpreted this to mean "the fall of the Bank of England". Many others interpret this differently.
Last week I saw an interview with the head of the Bank of England who was aking for control to be returned to him so he could restore the Bank of England to solvency. If the bank is not solvent then the prediction would be due to be fulfilled in Nov or Dec 2011.
Oh well, we had a good run.

s

England

Moves
01 Jul 09

the fall of the lady is at best vague. may refer to currancy or a great power even the holy mary or the church or anything you want to put in.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Jul 09

There already has been some tossing and turning about the 'end of the world'
Probably should've happened a few years ago but some people went back in time ....
One thing about the little red riding hood story: The wolf does come at the end .

Moves
01 Jul 09

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
01 Jul 09

Originally posted by stoker
the fall of the lady is at best vague. may refer to currancy or a great power even the holy mary or the church or anything you want to put in.
Vague? You think? Is any "prophecy" not vague?

s

England

Moves
01 Jul 09

Originally posted by rwingett
Vague? You think? Is any "prophecy" not vague?
no my prophecy is i will lose at some of my games this year.
tho i also see i will win some
on a more lighter note you have to read the whole text of prophecy to give a informed prediction not just the headline quote. ie "the whore of babylon"

Moves
01 Jul 09

The Mayan long count ends on Dec. 21, 2012 (everything resets to zero.) Surely you can wait to end the world until then? If so, why not hang around a while longer debating esoteric scribblings so your grandchildren can greet the big-rock ill-prepared? The debates will finish the day that rock touches down - that's my prediction.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
01 Jul 09

Originally posted by caissad4
Back in the mid seventies I bought a book called Centuries by the great prophet Nostradamus. I found a phrase referring to the "fall of the lady" as a sure sign of the end coming within 3 years. The translator interpreted this to mean "the fall of the Bank of England". Many others interpret this differently.
Last week I saw an interview with the head of th ...[text shortened]... the prediction would be due to be fulfilled in Nov or Dec 2011.
Actually the countdown began here:

Cape Town

Moves
01 Jul 09

Originally posted by caissad4
Last week I saw an interview with the head of th ...[text shortened]... the prediction would be due to be fulfilled in Nov or Dec 2011.
Any prophesy for which you must wait for its completion before correctly interpreting it, is useless and hardly worth discussing.

s

England

Moves
01 Jul 09

Originally posted by twhitehead
Any prophesy for which you must wait for its completion before correctly interpreting it, is useless and hardly worth discussing.
ide like to know if you plan on discussing it after it happens??
if it does not then ok. im sceptical to say the least but if im wrong how will we debate it.

F

Moves
01 Jul 09
1 edit

The prophecies of Nostradamus and the prophecies of the bible is much alike. You can interprete them as you like. If something big happens in the world, you can find it in Nostradamus prophecies, or those of the bible, if you seek them and interprete them accordingly.

rc

Moves
01 Jul 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
The prophecies of Nostradamus and the prophecies of the bible is much alike. You can interprete them as you like. If something big happens in the world, you can find it in Nostradamus prophecies, or those of the bible, if you seek them and interprete them accordingly.
which biblical prophesies did you have in mind Fabian?

F

Moves
01 Jul 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
which biblical prophesies did you have in mind Fabian?
Are you serious now, robbie, or do you just want to joke around?
Look up the profecies yourself, robbie, and those are the ones I mean.

rc

Moves
01 Jul 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Are you serious now, robbie, or do you just want to joke around?
Look up the profecies yourself, robbie, and those are the ones I mean.
no, i want to know which biblical prophesies YOU had in mind

F

Moves
01 Jul 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
no, i want to know which biblical prophesies YOU had in mind
Still not serious, robbie, eh?

Do you really want me to read the bible for you?