Nobody is good, except one, God.

Nobody is good, except one, God.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Jul 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
lack of evidence? it just went over your head. i told you much of the husband god's eternal and unchanging commandments have been abandoned. this is solid evidence that biblegod is not "good." we humans decided long ago that we are better than biblegod and jesus christ is one of the symptoms of that realization.

jesus christ represents an awakening ...[text shortened]... mans still cling to those obsolete ideals, but most have moved on (including the christians).
By the way, Jesus Christ is biblegod. 😏
HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!

Moves
26 Jul 12
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
By the way, Jesus Christ is biblegod. 😏
HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
Thanks to the refreshing absence you took, it is more clear that you are acting the role of the little boy who keeps running into the room where the grownups are talking and yells the same old nonsense at them to get attention. Unfortunately, one or the other of the grown-ups sometimes takes up with you, for God only know what reason, and everybody else has to strain to keep focused on the issues under discussion. Censorship is out of the question, but where is your nanny?

Could the grown-ups here please try to restrain themselves, or take their responses to PMs?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Jul 12

Originally posted by JS357
Thanks to the refreshing absence you took, it is more clear that you are acting the role of the little boy who keeps running into the room where the grownups are talking and yells the same old nonsense at them to get attention. Unfortunately, one or the other of the grown-ups sometimes takes up with you, for God only know what reason, and everybody else has to ...[text shortened]...

Could the grown-ups here please try to restrain themselves, or take their responses to PMs?
Ha ha ha funny stuff. πŸ˜€

rc

Moves
26 Jul 12
1 edit

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Golly is this argument still bubbling along? What's the beef Robbie?
there is no beef dear cat dude, as usual, the thread descends into the now obligatory
tabloid style character assassination of the posts proponent, oh,well, if you cant beat
them. . . .FMF as the hooded claw tries to cook up some dastardly scenario, divejester
as his sidekick cackles away in agreement, void spirit condescends with some
pretentious and verbose twaddle which leads to obfuscation, is consumed by his own
megalomania and self implodes , JS357 tries to remain impartial and a gentleman but
gets sucked into the melee and Robbie is left wondering what's it all about.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
26 Jul 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
there is no beef dear cat dude, as usual, the thread descends into the now obligatory
tabloid style character assassination of the posts proponent, oh,well, if you cant beat
them. . . .FMF as the hooded claw tries to cook up some dastardly scenario, divejester
preten ...[text shortened]... a gentleman but
Now that you've exlained it, it's clear that everyone you named are all wrong and you are completely right.

Moves
26 Jul 12

"...JS357 tries to remain impartial and a gentleman but gets sucked into the melee..."

My new profile. May I cite you as the source?

rc

Moves
26 Jul 12
2 edits

"...JS357 tries to remain impartial and a gentleman but gets sucked into the melee..."

My new profile. May I cite you as the source?
You may , although i am sure there are more worthy sources.

F

Moves
27 Jul 12

It's as if your psychiatrist left his notebook on a bus and we found it.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
27 Jul 12

i accept your capitulation.

j

Moves
27 Jul 12
3 edits

This man could hardly be more ignorant if he put all his effort into it.

VS wrote -

lack of evidence? it just went over your head. i told you much of the husband god's eternal and unchanging commandments have been abandoned. this is solid evidence that biblegod is not "good." we humans decided long ago that we are better than biblegod and jesus christ is one of the symptoms of that realization.

To the Christian Christ as Husband is still as entirely relevant as Christ as Lord and Savior.

The Apostle Paul speaking to the Corinthian church and to all Christians since -

"For I am jealous over you with a jealousy of God; for I betrothed you to one husband to present you as a pure virgin to Christ." (2 Cor. 11:2)

And thousands of marriages, Ephesians chapter 5 is refered to which speaks of Christ as the Bridegroom and His church as His Bride.

The Husband God is alive and well in the 21rst century and will be for eternity.

"And I saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adonred for her husband." (Rev. 21;2)

I use to wonder how in the world VoidSpirit could say so many ignorant things about my Chrisian faith in one day. Then it hit me. He gets up early.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
27 Jul 12

Originally posted by jaywill

VS wrote -

[quote] lack of evidence? it just went over your head. i told you much of the husband god's eternal and unchanging commandments have been abandoned. this is solid evidence that biblegod is not "good." we humans decided long ago that we are better than biblegod and jes ...[text shortened]... b] ignorant things about my Chrisian faith in one day. Then it hit me. He gets up early.
you're imagining things. paul is talking about christ, not god. he never thought christ was god. and the irrelevant late addition revelations has nothing to do with christ and the quoted verse is talking about the city being prepared as a bride, not humanity.

talk about ignorance. ignorance is your bride.

Moves
27 Jul 12

Originally posted by jaywill

VS wrote -

[quote] lack of evidence? it just went over your head. i told you much of the husband god's eternal and unchanging commandments have been abandoned. this is solid evidence that biblegod is not "good." we humans decided long ago that we are better than biblegod and jes ...[text shortened]... b] ignorant things about my Chrisian faith in one day. Then it hit me. He gets up early.
I believe VoidSpirit is alluding to the idea that the deity of the Bible has more than one "incarnation" in the Bible or at least, shows his "roots". Earlier he says, "...he didn't fulfill any laws. he introduced a new moral standard and a new god; the "father" god which replaced the jealous "husband" god of the old testament..."

At least for my part I recall reading that Jahweh emerged as a coalescence of at least, or mainly, a sky or storm god and a mountain god.

There is a document on the web that is found by a search on

"sky god" "mountain god" jahweh

The document is titled

"The Experience of God in the Biblical Tradition"

And can probably be found by a search on this title.

The issue is relevant if Jesus was indeed introducing what the man thought was a reinterpretation or revision on the late pre-Christian deity of his time. While in retrospect we see that deity as one, the average people of that time may have differed according to their tribe or location, about which god they had in mind.

Maybe the opportunity exists to find out with your help, how Christian theology deals with the question of whether and how these many gods came to be replaced, merged, conceptualized into a monotheistic god and how that god concept changed from the immediate pre-Christian god, to Jesus's God, and possibly, further on to the current Christian concept. (If there can be said to be only one current Christian god-concept.)

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Jul 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
you're imagining things. paul is talking about christ, not god. he never thought christ was god. and the irrelevant late addition revelations has nothing to do with christ and the quoted verse is talking about the city being prepared as a bride, not humanity.

talk about ignorance. ignorance is your bride.
I think the ignorance may be due to his staying up late and not getting proper rest. Who knows? πŸ˜€

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Jul 12
4 edits

I believe VoidSpirit is alluding to the idea that the deity of the Bible has more than one "incarnation" in the Bible or at least, shows his "roots". Earlier he says, "...he didn't fulfill any laws. he introduced a new moral standard and a new god; the "father" god which replaced the jealous "husband" god of the old testament..."

At least for my part I reca concept. (If there can be said to be only one current Christian god-concept.)
I think it is all summed up in the Doctine of the Trinity of God in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. God through covenant became the husband of Israel, through which God came into the world as the Son, who died and ended the old covenant with Israel as the wife of God. The intention of the Son of God, in the new covenant, is for His church to make herself ready as a bride for the bridegroom, who has gone away to prepare a place for her to be taken out of this world and to the marriage supper of the Lamb of God upon His return.

That is my take, but perhaps jaywill can explain it all better.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God!

P.S. I am not absolutely sure my understanding of this is completely right, however. It is just my understanding at this time.