Noah's flood

Noah's flood

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
03 Aug 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
T-Rex Found with Soft Tissue

[youtube]Lz6jwVOlLkk[/youtube]
See what I mean?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Aug 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
See what I mean?
Perhaps you can understand this video? If not just tell me what you don't understand and I will try to help you understand.

The Grand Canyon: Evidence for the Flood

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
04 Aug 15
1 edit

Perhaps you can understand this video? If not just tell me what you don't understand and I will try to help you
I explained in detail what was wrong with your other video, yet you refuse to answer a single refutation, and just post another even more stupid video.

I hereby declare you to be a fraud, and a very dishonest one at that.

No wonder people accuse you of cheating even at chess.

You are a shame to all Christians.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Aug 15

Originally posted by CalJust
I explained in detail what was wrong with your other video, yet you refuse to answer a single refutation, and just post another even more stupid video.

I hereby declare you to be a fraud, and a very dishonest one at that.

No wonder people accuse you of cheating even at chess.

You are a shame to all Christians.
I try to be fair and balanced. I even made a thread to help sonhouse prove evolution. 😏

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
04 Aug 15
2 edits

I try to be fair and balanced.
Have you read my response to your: "Best ever evidence for a global flood" clip?

If not, why not?

If yes, what is your fair and balanced reply?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Aug 15
1 edit

Have you read my response to your: "Best ever evidence for a global flood" clip?

If not, why not?

If yes, what is your fair and balanced reply?
I can't be responsible for another person's opinion. 😏

Moves
04 Aug 15

I can't be responsible for another person's opinion. 😏
Of course you can, when you post a link to it.

Why dump stuff here that you are unwilling to intellectually defend?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Aug 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Of course you can, when you post a link to it.

Why dump stuff here that you are unwilling to intellectually defend?
I am willing to defend most of it, that is, the parts I agree with. It is difficult to find a video that I can agree with every word, but sometimes I do. However, this video presents most of what I believe. 😏

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
04 Aug 15

I am willing to defend most of it, that is, the parts I agree with. However, this video presents most of what I believe. 😏
So respond to my comments, please.

Put up or shut up.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Aug 15

Put up or shut up.
I have a Doctor appointment to go to and then my wife wants to go out to dinner. If I have some time when I come back before that, I will review your comments and reply then, if not, I will reply by tomorrow.

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
04 Aug 15

I have a Doctor appointment to go to and then my wife wants to go out to dinner. If I have some time when I come back before that, I will review your comments and reply then, if not, I will reply by tomorrow.
I hope the doctor gives you a clean bill of health.

I am going to bed myself now, and look forward to continuing this tomorrow.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
04 Aug 15

Good luck with that.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Aug 15
4 edits

Put up or shut up.
WHALE FOSSILS HIGH IN ANDES SHOW HOW MOUNTAINS ROSE FROM SEA

By MALCOLM W. BROWNE

Published: March 12, 1987

Scientists have found fossils of whales and other marine animals in mountain sediments in the Andes, indicating that the South American mountain chain rose very rapidly from the sea.

The rare assemblage of fossils, recovered on an expedition by the American Museum of Natural History to a remote plateau in southern Chile, is expected not only to illuminate an obscure epoch of animal evolution but also to document the rise of the Andes mountains in the past 15 million years.

Among the fossils the scientists reported bringing back were the bones of whales and other marine animals found at altitudes of more than 5,000 feet. When these animals died from 15 million to 20 million years ago, their carcasses settled to the ocean floor and were embedded in submarine sediments. But since then, the violent upthrusting of the Andean chain has carried the sediments to the tops of mountains. In geological terms, the time the fossils took to rise from ocean floor to mountain top was relatively brief.

The collection represents both sea and land animals, and through the 1,000-foot thickness of the main butte the group explored, the transition from oceanic to terrestrial environments was preserved in a smooth gradient.

''For example,'' Dr. Novacek said, ''we found the oyster beds and sand dollars just beneath the lowest sediments containing land animals. At that point the water was shallow and receding rapidly - a time of transition from sea to land, as the land was thrust up by magma and the movement of tectonic plates.'' In more recent sediments, the group found species related to modern rodents, porcupines, rhinoceroses and camels. Among the many fossil curiosities they came across were ungulates (including a rabbit-like ungulate), marsupials and giant sloths. Clues on Joining of Continents.

These animals, Dr. Flynn said, lived 12 million years before South and North America were linked by a land bridge, and therefore represent groups that evolved differently from their relatives in North America. By precise dating of the sediments in which their bones were found, he said, geologists will greatly improve knowledge of when and under what circumstances land bridges existed.

There is evidence, he said, that a shallow body of water may have once completely severed southern South America from the rest of the continent. A long bay that once stretched from the Atlantic coast of South America to a point near the plateau that the expedition studied may have been a remnant of such a transcontinental channel.

''Among the best indicators of geologic change,'' Dr. Novacek said, ''are rodents and other small animals. They ranged over much smaller distances than large animals, and changes in their populations often reflect local geological changes.''

The museum group intends to mount another expedition to the plateau and nearby areas of southern Chile next year.

''Meanwhile,'' Dr. Novacek said, ''we have ample material to keep many scientists hard at work for a long time to come.''

http://www.nytimes.com/1987/03/12/us/whale-fossils-high-in-andes-show-how-mountains-rose-from-sea.html

The above interpretation was obviously that of long age evolution believing scientists. However, if the estimated time frame was reduced to the time of Noah's flood, then this could easily be reinterpreted by Creation scientists to be evidence of the great worldwide flood caused by the 40 days of rain from the sky and the breaking up of the subterranian chambers of the great deep as reported in Genesis history and supported by the poetic verses of psalm 104.
He established the earth upon its foundations,
So that it will not totter forever and ever.
You covered it with the deep as with a garment;
The waters were standing above the mountains.
At Your rebuke they fled,
At the sound of Your thunder they hurried away.
The mountains rose; the valleys sank down
To the place which You established for them.
You set a boundary that they may not pass over,
So that they will not return to cover the earth.

(Psalm 104:5-9 NASB)

These poetic verses have long been pointed to as the manner in which God caused the waters of the great flood to recede and to make a place for all the flood waters so that they will not return to cover all the earth again.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Aug 15

Did you notice that these scientist were already throwing out dates of 12 million and 15 to 20 million years ago and hadn't even gotten what they called precise dating yet? That means they were guessing at these dates based on their long age evolutionary beliefs. Of course they are going to accept the dates from the radiometric dating that gives them the closest to their belief. We creationists now know that is way the game is played.

You want me to answer your complaints on the video, but admit you only watched about 17 minutes of it. Then you want me to reply to your objections, but fail to give me any proof of what you are objecting to and just say explanations can be found in any geology textbooks. You do not seem to realize textbooks don't keep up with the current discoveries in geology and contain many errors just like biology textbooks that teach evolution. 😏

The Near Genius

Z

Moves
05 Aug 15

[b]WHALE FOSSILS HIGH IN ANDES SHOW HOW MOUNTAINS ROSE FROM SEA

By MALCOLM W. BROWNE

Published: March 12, 1987

Scientists have found fossils of whales and other marine animals in mountain sediments in the Andes, indicating that the South American mountain chain rose very rapidly from the sea.

The rare assemblage of fossils, recovere ...[text shortened]... a place for all the flood waters so that they will not return to cover all the earth again.[/b][/b]
so you take a scientific paper that has 10-15 million in it. you cross that out with a crayola and write 6000 over it. boom, paper supports creationism.

"but rjhinds, this paper says 10-15 million years ago, why ...?"
"However, if the estimated time frame was reduced to the time of Noah's flood"
"but you can't do that, it says 10-15 million years ago specifically because the time frame is nowhere near the time of noah's flood"
"... i SAID , it the estimated time frame was reduced to the time of noah's flood, this paper supports noah's flood even though at first it didn't"